TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby GT500 Borla Atak Exhaust Install

Just finished installing a Borla Atak Axle Back exhaust part # 11831, was on back order for a month. I made a video of the install in the event anyone else wanted to get a closer look at them.

$902 on Amazon.com with free shipping.

I don't think any mic can has the range to pick up what they really sound like at WOT. They have no drone at all. They are near stock decibel levels if you are soft on the throttle, and quite tame while holding a gear down a hill when you'd normally expect to hear the loud pops and cracks. But if you go anywhere past 50% on the throttle they are louder than hell. Sounds like you have no cats and cops can hear you for miles kind of loud. Blip the throttle under an overpass and it will get you some unwanted attention.

post-25523-0-74425300-1369537839_thumb.jpg

post-25523-0-12840000-1369537842_thumb.jpg

post-25523-0-74425300-1369537839_thumb.jpg

post-25523-0-12840000-1369537842_thumb.jpg

Ditto I did the ATACs and quite impressive on the GT500 almost sounds like a mini sonic boom out there in the back or sounds like stereo music or something hard to describe....so the original author above described these axlebacks pretty well. I am partial to these ATACs as this is the 3rd set I have bought and the 4th set of Borlas they make a good product but are a bit pricier.

:rockon:

Was hoping your wife burnt some rubber when she pulled out! :hysterical2:

I bet the neighbors would have loved that :-)

I plan on making one with a burn out and drive by. And later on this year one from the miller motor sports park track, put that track pack to good use.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

svtmattUT: Now that you have had the Borla Atak exhaust on your GT 500 for a while how is the drone? I know from some Borla systems I have used in the past that there can be some excessive drone when cruising at low RPMs. Corsa had good control of this problem but not always Borla. Thanks for the feedback.

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered my Borla ATAK axle back's on 7/31 for my 2013 GT500 and they are still on back order... almost a month now. I wonder why Borla is having such difficulty keeping up with demand? Anyway, thanks for posting this video. Will def be helpful when my ATAK's finally arrive.

svtmattUT: Now that you have had the Borla Atak exhaust on your GT 500 for a while how is the drone? I know from some Borla systems I have used in the past that there can be some excessive drone when cruising at low RPMs. Corsa had good control of this problem but not always Borla. Thanks for the feedback.

That's interesting to hear. I have had Borla on a few of my different vehicles and have never had a problem with drone, just a nice rumble. I have to ask what vehicles have you had a problem with? I tried Magnaflow on one of mine and would never do again just from my experience.

Archived