TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Engine Detail

Looks great Troy. Now get the GT-H fluid caps. :) On sale from Shelby. For those who asked, yes the GT-H hood requires a notch if you use the whipple. That said, Shelby does sell the engine lowering kit that allows the strut brace to be used which may also eliminate the need to notch the original GT-H hood (maybe). Dan's (blown Away)experience still required the notch. So may not be an option.

Looks great Troy. Now get the GT-H fluid caps. :) On sale from Shelby. For those who asked, yes the GT-H hood requires a notch if you use the whipple. That said, Shelby does sell the engine lowering kit that allows the strut brace to be used which may also eliminate the need to notch the original GT-H hood (maybe). Dan's (blown Away)experience still required the notch. So may not be an option.

Thank you for the information .... is there anyone from either SPP or Shelby Speed that can pipe in and give me a concrete answer?

Looks great Troy. Now get the GT-H fluid caps. :) On sale from Shelby.

I've been tempted to do this along with adding a few other bling items, but have for now have held off. If I was the one to order that S/C my car has, I would have opted for BLACK so that I can retain a stock look to go with the black plastic under there. The polished Whipple is screaming for more aluminum accents, but I am trying to avoid going too far with mods. Last time I checked, caps don't make the car go faster, but an extra $100 or so in gas money seems to be more fun (:

I think I may pull that battery and paint the case black, though?

Archived