TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Twin Turbo, supercharged and nitrous

BAD SNAKE

Me neither. Seems inefficient. Maybe just to make a bigger visual effect of course I'm from the old school of thinking in life that I learned from my father, "Everything in moderation".

The turbo plumbing doesn't make since to me.

Air goes into the scoop, feeds the pipes at the rear of the scoop, down through the tubes to feed the turbos, out of the two tubes that run along the intake, takes a squirt of N20, past the wastegates, up into a plenum that feeds the blower, through the blower into the intake, into the engine out the exhaust to spin the turbos, out a downtube and through the exhaust pipes that exit on the sides in via the holes in the skirts.

Makes perfect sense to me.

EDIT: That is called "Compound Boost".

Phill

Thank you Phill. I know how turbo's work in a compound boost system. Looking at this setup I was thinking the turbo's were feeding the bug catcher. I now realize, in my best Homer Simpson voice 'Doe!', that the bug catcher is feeding the turbo's.

Thank you Phill. I know how turbo's work in a compound boost system. Looking at this setup I was thinking the turbo's were feeding the bug catcher. I now realize, in my best Homer Simpson voice 'Doe!', that the bug catcher is feeding the turbo's.

I thought the same at first, that the turbo's were feeding the SC via the bug catcher. After watching the vid and closely looking at the plumbing, I saw the rear feed tubs on the plenum box between the scoop and blower.

Personally, I think the car is UGLY as hell.

And I have two words for the owner....."LITTLE DICK".

Phill (can you say, "Compensating"???)

Interesting that there are wheelie bars and a parachute but its never been to a strip. If I did all that work, I would like to know what the HP is. You know he gets asked that question a lot. Just not my thing, but to each their own, I guess.

Archived