TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1990 Chrysler GS Turbo 2

Hey guys I just wanted to share my car I found with this site also, I posted it on the TD site. I was going to restore and sell it, but I had a chance to get my dream car a 1970 Challenger and don't have the room or money for it. As important of a find this car is I felt I should share it with the TD family. I am currently deployed, but I can answer any questions you guys have about it.

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f1/f26/402085-90-chrysler-gs-turbo-2-a.html

you might want to make a separate FOR SALE listing for it with pics, because there's like 15 pages of banter between members, next to no pictures (if there were, I didn't find them in the few pages I looked at)....scattered information, and non-members can only look at 5 pages before being blocked.

how many miles on that Chrysler Daytona?

• 1 month later...

this is a rare car i had a 1990 daytona shelby with a 2.2 VNT, it was almost identical aside from the ground effects and spoiler that your cars lacks for some reason! these vehicles were discontinued because the turbochargers kept blowing up from cooking. aside from that i never even seen or heard of a vehicle like this with a chrysler name on it. where did you find this beast?

this is a rare car i had a 1990 daytona shelby with a 2.2 VNT, it was almost identical aside from the ground effects and spoiler that your cars lacks for some reason! these vehicles were discontinued because the turbochargers kept blowing up from cooking. aside from that i never even seen or heard of a vehicle like this with a chrysler name on it. where did you find this beast?

Chrysler did not use the Dodge name in Canada, all Canadian Chrysler vehicles were badged as Chryslers.

Steve

Chrysler did not use the Dodge name in Canada, all Canadian Chrysler vehicles were badged as Chryslers.

Steve

Not quite entirely true Steve. We had Dodges (ie. Dodge Omni, Dodge Aries, Dodge Shadow, etc...) Just not the Dodge Daytona. For whatever reason, Chrysler decided that the Daytona would be badged as a Chrysler for the Canadian market.

Not quite entirely true Steve. We had Dodges (ie. Dodge Omni, Dodge Aries, Dodge Shadow, etc...) Just not the Dodge Daytona. For whatever reason, Chrysler decided that the Daytona would be badged as a Chrysler for the Canadian market.

Good to know. Perhaps I'm mixing up the Mexico & European market cars.

For some reason I was thinking the only car sold in Canada as a Dodge was the Viper.

Steve

Right market, wrong time frame. Your comment about the Viper being the only Dodge sold in Canada triggered a memory, so I did some research. According to Allpar, Chrysler Canada started phasing out Dodge cars in 2000. The Dodge Neon became the Chrysler Neon. Intrepids were already Chryslers up here. By 2001, the Viper was the only Dodge car left.

This plan didn't work so well (I know I still thought of these cars as Dodges), so by 2003 this policy was reversed with the appearance of the Dodge SX 2.0 (stripper Neon with a price drop).

Now we have Ram trucks instead of Dodges, guess management doesn't always learn their lessons.

With the Daytonas, I think it had something to do with Chrysler Canada's dealership structure. They may also have felt that the first generation Daytona was Chrysler's halo car, and wanted to promote it as a higher class vehicle. This never made any sense to me though, seems kind of self defeating to be selling G body Daytona and Lasers side by side, both as Chryslers. Very confusing. Most of us Canucks still refer to Daytonas as being "Dodge"s.

Right market, wrong time frame. Your comment about the Viper being the only Dodge sold in Canada triggered a memory, so I did some research. According to Allpar, Chrysler Canada started phasing out Dodge cars in 2000. The Dodge Neon became the Chrysler Neon. Intrepids were already Chryslers up here. By 2001, the Viper was the only Dodge car left.

This plan didn't work so well (I know I still thought of these cars as Dodges), so by 2003 this policy was reversed with the appearance of the Dodge SX 2.0 (stripper Neon with a price drop).

Now we have Ram trucks instead of Dodges, guess management doesn't always learn their lessons.

With the Daytonas, I think it had something to do with Chrysler Canada's dealership structure. They may also have felt that the first generation Daytona was Chrysler's halo car, and wanted to promote it as a higher class vehicle. This never made any sense to me though, seems kind of self defeating to be selling G body Daytona and Lasers side by side, both as Chryslers. Very confusing. Most of us Canucks still refer to Daytonas as being "Dodge"s.

Some good info there.

What about the Dynasty & Spirit, weren't those also badged as Chryslers?

Archived