TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Shift Knobs out of stock?

hirevn

Guys, when asking about these, be sure to give me all the details, like, GT500 or SS, etc... it helps me look them up. Thanks! Jer

Ordered 1st thing Friday AM and the order is still processing 2 days later. I was hoping to receive 5 business days after I placed my order. Jer - a little help here please.....

In our system, an order gets officially entered the next business day. When you typed this, it was on Sunday, so we hadn't even hit ONE business day yet... I'm not sure I understand, I'm sorry. Give me a ring or email me if you have a second, I'll help out, of course. Jer

In our system, an order gets officially entered the next business day. When you typed this, it was on Sunday, so we hadn't even hit ONE business day yet... I'm not sure I understand, I'm sorry. Give me a ring or email me if you have a second, I'll help out, of course. Jer

An order does not get entered for a full business day after it is placed? Most vendors ship out same day. That was my concern. I did speak with Brian yesterday as the order was still pending due to adapters not being in stock (ironically I already had some from an Xmas gift shifter ball which was the wrong color and now sits on my desk) and he helped me out. Good news is the order was sent out 2 day Fed Ex yesterday and due to arrive tomorrow. Good customer service once we figured out what the problem was.

Guys, when asking about these, be sure to give me all the details, like, GT500 or SS, etc... it helps me look them up. Thanks! Jer

My white ball with red stripe inquiry was for an 2009 GT500 with the Shelby shift handle (thread size 12mm x 1.75)

An order does not get entered for a full business day after it is placed? Most vendors ship out same day.

Alas, the current system here at Shelby does not. That will be changing, it is part of a MASSIVE redo I'm working on. You'll hear much more about this in the near future. Thanks again for your support and patience... Jer

My order pending still after 5 days, SPP definatlly needs a revamp in the process/shipping department. Does not take them long to charge a card though lol.

Same formula: Order on Friday, weekend doesn't count, then entry happens on Monday. It's now Wednesday, it's been 3 business days on an item that clearly states "Ships in 3 to 5 business days". BTW, it HAS been shipped to you already. The system needs EVERY order to have its "status" updated by hand, so when the orders are heavy, the staff may not get a chance to change your "status" because they are busy getting you your product. Not making excuses, just providing facts for clarity. Thanks for your post.

Same formula: Order on Friday, weekend doesn't count, then entry happens on Monday. It's now Wednesday, it's been 3 business days on an item that clearly states "Ships in 3 to 5 business days". BTW, it HAS been shipped to you already. The system needs EVERY order to have its "status" updated by hand, so when the orders are heavy, the staff may not get a chance to change your "status" because they are busy getting you your product. Not making excuses, just providing facts for clarity. Thanks for your post.

Jer,

I didnt mean to come off like i was upset that it hadnt shipped,but thanks for the update. Just simpliy saying that it will be nice when things are more stremlined like most vendors that ship the same/next day on in stock products. Thanks for your work towards this and keeping your customers updated on the progress.

Jer,

I didnt mean to come off like i was upset that it hadnt shipped,but thanks for the update. Just simpliy saying that it will be nice when things are more stremlined like most vendors that ship the same/next day on in stock products. Thanks for your work towards this and keeping your customers updated on the progress.

Everyone (mostly me) will be very happy when the system changeover occurs. It's a very big undertaking, and we at Shelby have quite a few big things coming this year, so we have to prioritize... 2013 is a MONSTER for us.

Jer

I have tried to stay out of the many customer service discussions on these forums as I really don't want to start a flame war.

We are all Shelby fans and most of us are supportive of Shelby American. Many of us purchase Shelby branded parts even when non-branded parts are available at a lower price.

With rare exception; the comments on these forums are overwhelmingly positive. So much so that is seems many are making excuses for their favorite band in spite of service that would not be tolerated in other settings.

I'm not saying this because I don't think it's appropriate for enthusiasts to defend their favorite band. I think it's part of the fun and I find myself doing it too.

With that said and with all Jer's recent efforts; the customer service experience at Shelby Performance Parts is WELL BELOW the usual retail experience.

It is not normal for a customer to have to post several times in an online forum to find out their order status. Often when I place on-line orders, I receive an instant confirmation email followed the next day with shipping confirmation and taking info. If there is a delay with an item on my order I'll be notified immediately and given the option to split my order or wait for it to be filled and shipped complete.

I hope that we enthusiasts continue to support Jer and Shelby and that they do not squander the time our support provides. I eagerly await the improved system Jer has been hinting at and sincerely hope it is enough to bring the Shelby customer experience up to modern standards.

End rant.

I just received and installed my shifter ball. In my previous post, I mentioned I had the correct fittings and locking nuts. As it turned out, I had the fitting insert, but not the lock nut. Spoke with Tim and he was more than happy to send one out. I decided to go without the locking nut and use blue lock tight instead. A good solution and frankly a cleaner look overall. I'm pleased with the outcome and although there may be some service issues from time to time, these guys want and do make a difference when there is a problem. Thanks fellas!

RE: Gibraltar's post: I don't consider that a rant, I believe these forums are exactly the right place to speak about the company and customer experience. Both are undergoing massive overhauls, and it will soon become apparent to all why we're experiencing these growing pains - BTW, that's the best term for the situation, we are extremely fortunate to be sustaining solid growth in a challenging economy, and we have our customers to thank for that. I spoke at the Bash Banquet to address the exact issue we're discussing in this thread, if you were there, you know how committed I am to the changes we need. To the statement " the customer service experience at Shelby Performance Parts is WELL BELOW the usual retail experience", I will agree that the data infrastructure to support "same day shipping", up-to-the-minute order tracking, etc... are not to the standard that Amazon, et al have gotten the public used to, but I can't accept that entire statement - I would challenge ANY OTHER online or brick & mortar retailer to provide the personalized service and flexibility we extend on a regular basis. I've lost track of how many weekend days or weekday nights I've spent on the phone or laptop on my patio at home helping someone install a part. When you get an email from me at 3am, it's because I routinely check my mail 24/7. By the way, I want to remind everyone: This is a Shelby fan forum, it is NOT SPP's Customer Service area. Sending me a PM on this forum or just posting in a thread is not the same as emailing me at my office. We STRIVE to come out here and FIND issues we can help with. (Fun fact: half my Facebook messages are about SPP). A lot can be gained by using the official channels sometimes. Our Customer Service line is (702) 405-3500, and my email is below. I'm posting this to be transparent to you all, and I want everyone to know amazing changes are on the horizon, so ... tighten your skates! Thanks for all the support. Jer

Jer,

I thank you for your sincere response and recognize and appreciate your efforts.

I have not been fortunate enough to experience the personal touch you have brought to SPP. I am used to the Amazon style on-line ordering experience. I look forward to the improvements you're working on.

At the same time I hope to grow my own involvement in the hobby and to some day meet you and many others an these forums whose help I find so valuable.

Thank you.

Jer,

I thank you for your sincere response and recognize and appreciate your efforts.

I have not been fortunate enough to experience the personal touch you have brought to SPP. I am used to the Amazon style on-line ordering experience. I look forward to the improvements you're working on.

At the same time I hope to grow my own involvement in the hobby and to some day meet you and many others an these forums whose help I find so valuable.

Thank you.

Thanks... Enjoy yourself, these are great cars, and an entertaining an informative forum to participate in. Call or email anytime I can help. Jer

Jer,

any idea when the adapters for shift knobs will be in?

Thanks

Jer,

After my long winded post and your more than patient response; I, and apparently others, are STILL wondering about the status of our orders...

Is it at all possible to send a personal email to customers with unfilled orders letting them know when they might expect their items?

Adapters have just arrived, and orders that are waiting for them will ship Monday.

Jer

• 2 months later...

At least they MAKE the shifter knobs in your color. Im SOL with a DIB/Red stripe car.

Me too candy/black stripes

Custom time

Koolknobs will make anything you want, did a great job on my 07 http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/gallery/image/2988-shift-knob/ shipped a snake lapel pin to him and he put it in the knob.

Archived