TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ladies and Gentleman...Mr. Jer Gervasi =)

Hey Anton,

You and Bob are coming to Carlisle aren't you?

Are you bringin the 40th?

We are! I am taking the 40th, and it will turn 10K miles on the trip to West Virginia (coming down on Thursday)... Looking forward to a big 40th reunion...

Anton

I have waited too long to share my experience with Jer.

I wrote him a few months ago asking for help. I had about given up my search for some leather Recaro seats and purchased the cloth units from a FRPP vendor. While the cloth is nice, I still wanted to replace them with leather. Ford Parts' prices are outside the stratosphere. Used, take-off's don't come cheap and when you can find them they often times have some form of damage. With little hope and as a last chance effort, I sent Jer a PM.

He responded promptly as busy as he was/is. He stated he couldn't guarantee anything but would look into a couple of different options. In the end, he set me up with Gary Disney, who comes across as about the nicest guy in the world. Gary contacted me while on vacation in Belize. Color me blown away.

In the end I got a set of custom seat skins and boy are they beautiful. I have reskinned Recaro's using factory leathers before so I'm keenly aware of every minor detail with respect to their materials and fitment as well as their faults. I'm here to report that the skins I purchased from Gary, facilitated by Jer, are an improvement over what Ford includes when they equip a GT500 with leather Recaro seats.

Jer, thanks for being there. Good Karma is upon you.

Tob

We are! I am taking the 40th, and it will turn 10K miles on the trip to West Virginia (coming down on Thursday)... Looking forward to a big 40th reunion...

Anton

Great!

My son will be with me again this year, see you there!

Oop's, sorry for the hijack Tim and crew!

Please,.......continue :salute:

It is so refreshing to see appreciation and gratitude like this. We live in times when it so easy to complain and blame rather than accept accountability and responsibility. So many times someone does something nice and we overlook it and we continue on our path. How great that what Tim saw as a simple work related task was regarded differently from the person he helped and the ultimate relationship that developed as a result. My compliments to both Jer & Tim. This is rare and unique. Thank you for sharing this Tim.

Tim's being extremely modest (part of why he's so highly regarded)... his customer service was EXEMPLARY, and there were many more parts he helped me buy (Kicker components, radiator, heat exchanger, and TONS of other little stuff). When he asked me about working at Guitar Center, it was a no-brainer. It's funny that I left GC to work at his OTHER job (cue The Who: "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"). Of course, if he calls me his "boss", I'll smack him, and remind him... "COWORKER"! I hate the word "boss", always have. He doesn't work "for" me, he works "with" me.

Jer

Being called boss is better than being called sir.

It used to be those terms made me feel old when my employees referred to me that way.

Then it dawned on me... I am old.

Tim's being extremely modest (part of why he's so highly regarded)... his customer service was EXEMPLARY, and there were many more parts he helped me buy (Kicker components, radiator, heat exchanger, and TONS of other little stuff). When he asked me about working at Guitar Center, it was a no-brainer. It's funny that I left GC to work at his OTHER job (cue The Who: "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"). Of course, if he calls me his "boss", I'll smack him, and remind him... "COWORKER"! I hate the word "boss", always have. He doesn't work "for" me, he works "with" me.

Jer

Awww shucks...you really mean it?? :superhero:

Working at Shelby headquarters ....literally my dream job :wub2: . Hopefully one day it'll happen. Since the ripe old age of 5, I could ramble off all of Shelby's contributions. If it weren't for companies like Shelby, the auto scene just wouldn't have the passion it does now. In the mean time, I think Shelby needs a Canadian branch, just to service Canadian affairs *hint hint* lol

I'll just go ahead and get me resume ready. I even have college!!!....I'm shoe in, right?? haha

Great write up Tim, you are awesome!!!!!! Jer, by the way you are awesome too!!! :salute: You both doing a really great job at Shelby American and also here at Team Shelby too!!

Working at Shelby headquarters ....literally my dream job :wub2: . Hopefully one day it'll happen. Since the ripe old age of 5, I could ramble off all of Shelby's contributions. If it weren't for companies like Shelby, the auto scene just wouldn't have the passion it does now. In the mean time, I think Shelby needs a Canadian branch, just to service Canadian affairs *hint hint* lolI'll just go ahead and get me resume ready. I even have college!!!....I'm shoe in, right?? haha

I agree with him!! But i also think that Shelby needs a German branch too since the Mustang is coming next year to Europe, the Ford Focus ST is one of the best selling cars in Germany and also the only Shelby Club in Germany is having already 212 Members that really own a Shelby (2 Super Snakes, 1 GT350, 1 SGT and 208 GT500's) + many many more on the streets that still don't have join the club.

I'll think i will just go ahead and get my resume also ready. :reading: Just in case.

By the way Tim and Jer did i mention already that we have better Beer and Chocolate for Shelby co-workers and bosses then the Canadian's?!?! :shades:

Great write up Tim, you are awesome!!!!!! Jer, by the way you are awesome too!!! :salute: You both doing a really great job at Shelby American and also here at Team Shelby too!!

I agree with him!! But i also think that Shelby needs a German branch too since the Mustang is coming next year to Europe, the Ford Focus ST is one of the best selling cars in Germany and also the only Shelby Club in Germany is having already 212 Members that really own a Shelby (2 Super Snakes, 1 GT350, 1 SGT and 208 GT500's) + many many more on the streets that still don't have join the club.

I'll think i will just go ahead and get my resume also ready. :reading: Just in case.

By the way Tim and Jer did i mention already that we have better Beer and Chocolate for Shelby co-workers and bosses then the Canadian's?!?! :shades:

You are speaking in my language, now!

You are speaking in my language, now!

Gotcha!! :shades: Working already on the next package. This time it will be beer and hard liquor. :beerchug:

Ok tough to beat the German beer. Chocolate I have no idea. BUT ..... we've got Pamela Anderson, Rachael McAdams, and Shania Twain.... and they all want to work at the Canadian branch of Shelby. :wub2:

Ok tough to beat the German beer. Chocolate I have no idea. BUT ..... we've got Pamela Anderson, Rachael McAdams, and Shania Twain.... and they all want to work at the Canadian branch of Shelby. :wub2:

We have the Autobahn and the Nürburgring where we can test new Super Snakes or Shelby 1000's without getting a ticket!!!. :rockon:

Oh and we have Claudia Schiffer, Heidi Klum, Gina Wild, Vivian Schmitt and Daniela Katzenberger and they would love to drive faster then 80mph together with Shelby co-workers and bosses on the street with a Shelby. By the way what is the highest legal speed limit in Canada so far? :shades:

• 11 months later...

Tim -- well done! And clearly, there are so many of us that agree with what you have said and what we have experienced in our dealings with Jer.

Jim

Ironic....Almost one year to the day, 9 days short.

You're a good man Jer. You will be missed.

Phill Pollard

Ironic....Almost one year to the day, 9 days short.

You're a good man Jer. You will be missed.

Phill Pollard

Yes it is. I wonder who is next. If you are doing a great job, watch out!

Wow Tim,

What a great story from you on your friend and old boss!!!!

It just cements even more who and what Jer Gervasi is!!!! His ability to be such a natural people person speaks volumes and I think that it is only a matter of time before people will be sending him resumes!!!!

I have said this on a few other posts,Jer would make one of the best Shelby American Presidents,move out the way Joe,your in Jers seat!!!!!!!

I never had the pleasure of meeting Jer, though I talked to him via email once, trying to find a set of Shelby CS wheels...

I happen to consider myself a very good judge of character, even when not in person.

This man is a "class guy" and WILL BE MISSED at SA!

Best of luck to you Jer, if you read this! :victory:

I never had the pleasure of meeting Jer, though I talked to him via email once, trying to find a set of Shelby CS wheels...

I happen to consider myself a very good judge of character, even when not in person.

This man is a "class guy" and WILL BE MISSED at SA!

Best of luck to you Jer, if you read this! :victory:

+1000!

Archived