TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ladies and Gentleman...Mr. Jer Gervasi =)

Just wanted to share a quick note with you guys, our Shelby family... :)

A simple search of this forum will turn up many instances of accolades for Jer Gervasi. I read constantly your praises and appreciation for him as customers. I wanted to take a moment, however, to give YOU something to read from the EMPLOYEE perspective.

First, a little history of our relationship. I became friends with Jer when he was simply a super cool, loyal customer, referred to me one day by Roger Sorel. He needed to order a set of Extreme brakes and pick them up. The day came, and myself and one of our shipping clerks met him out front and loaded the boxes into his car for him. He was very appreciative, and I went back to work. Well not long after all this, I received an email from him inviting me to his long-overdue house-warming party, as he had lived here a while and never had one. I was amazed! I didn't really think our interaction was THAT memorable. He bought brakes, and I put them in his car. So I went to his party, not knowing anyone, and he was introducing me all over the place like a superstar. "Have you met Tim? He works at Shelby! I bought some brakes, and he came out and loaded them into my car!" Needless to say, he made me feel quite at home and comfortable with all his friends and coworkers. A little over a year, and another party-or-two at his house later, I decided to get a second job. Being a musician, I thought it may be fun to work at Guitar Center, where Jer was the manager. So one day I texted him to see if he had any spots to fill. To abridge this some, he gave me a night/weekend job in June of 2012. Seeing how the GC guys looked up to and revered him was something special. I was there about six or seven weeks before he left to take the position here.

I have to tell you guys that since August 2012, I have gained even MORE respect for him as a person, a coworker, a friend, and a boss. His leadership, understanding, passion for a great customer experience, and guidance have taught and inspired me a ton since that time. He will always take the time to listen to you, as a lot of you can probably attest to. Not only does he listen, his responses convey tools and ideas that better suit me for the future. He can always recall a story from his past in which he learned something valuable that relates to his answer to your question. Being here for more than 3.5 years has been an incredibly rewarding and educational experience, which I will always be grateful for. I am proud to say that I am happy to have him here as a part of this company, and in my eyes, there was no better candidate to fill the void of of his position.

Thanks for letting me share my appreciation for a friend with you. To all who read it, thanks. I have a feeling that where SPP is now will pale in comparison to its future with him at the helm.

To Jer, THANKS, buddy. For everything. :salute:

This is an OUTSTANDING post Tim. We are so fortunate to have Jer(and you as well :) at Shelby. I can give my own personal story and I'm sure many others can give their own too. Long before Jer came to Shelby, I PM'ed him and asked if I could call him sometime about his SGT/SC upgrade. He was quick to respond, offered me times to call, and said CALL ANYTIME during those times. I think I called him on a Sunday(expecting to leave a vmail) to talk about my SGT and get some advice. He picked right up and spent over an hour with me ------ his own personal time. Throughout the conversation, his demeanor, genuineness, knowledge, and personality spoke volumes to me. He treated me like I was an old friend! Moreover, he personally connected me with Roger Sorel so I could get even more advice! Then when Jer came to Shelby, I instantly sensed that same demeanor, approach, etc. I was so excited to see him at Shelby. He is making a huge impact and it shows.......Thank you Jer and thank you for everything you do.......

Wow.... I'm rarely speechless, but... I am now. Thank you.

BTW, does Jer do your evaluation?

Lol but serious awesome post and it has been good to have him here and the help he has been to all of us on the forum.

Nice to read Tim..... it's not very often that people take the time to thank someone the way you did. Kudos to you!

I met Jer recently during a trip to Vegas, when I first got there I spoke with Sam and they tried to find Jer but he was busy giving another TS member a tour. The wife and I stopped at the cafe for a bite to eat and while leaving I spotted Jer outside his office. Of course he took his time shook my hand spoke to me about our cars. I think I had to break it off so he could get back to work. He is a great person and a hell of a nice guy!!! It was a pleasure to meet him!

Dang, right about now I'm feeling really good about having Carrol Shelby's and Roger Sorel's signatures, as well as Jer's former U/D pullies on my Shelby GT!

Nice to read Tim..... it's not very often that people take the time to thank someone the way you did. Kudos to you!

I met Jer recently during a trip to Vegas, when I first got there I spoke with Sam and they tried to find Jer but he was busy giving another TS member a tour. The wife and I stopped at the cafe for a bite to eat and while leaving I spotted Jer outside his office. Of course he took his time shook my hand spoke to me about our cars. I think I had to break it off so he could get back to work. He is a great person and a hell of a nice guy!!! It was a pleasure to meet him!

I have to agree. I met him and his wife at the Vegas Bash 2012. Nice people, great sense of humor. Great for SA. :salute:

Just wanted to share a quick note with you guys, our Shelby family... :)

A simple search of this forum will turn up many instances of accolades for Jer Gervasi. I read constantly your praises and appreciation for him as customers. I wanted to take a moment, however, to give YOU something to read from the EMPLOYEE perspective.

First, a little history of our relationship. I became friends with Jer when he was simply a super cool, loyal customer, referred to me one day by Roger Sorel. He needed to order a set of Extreme brakes and pick them up. The day came, and myself and one of our shipping clerks met him out front and loaded the boxes into his car for him. He was very appreciative, and I went back to work. Well not long after all this, I received an email from him inviting me to his long-overdue house-warming party, as he had lived here a while and never had one. I was amazed! I didn't really think our interaction was THAT memorable. He bought brakes, and I put them in his car. So I went to his party, not knowing anyone, and he was introducing me all over the place like a superstar. "Have you met Tim? He works at Shelby! I bought some brakes, and he came out and loaded them into my car!" Needless to say, he made me feel quite at home and comfortable with all his friends and coworkers. A little over a year, and another party-or-two at his house later, I decided to get a second job. Being a musician, I thought it may be fun to work at Guitar Center, where Jer was the manager. So one day I texted him to see if he had any spots to fill. To abridge this some, he gave me a night/weekend job in June of 2012. Seeing how the GC guys looked up to and revered him was something special. I was there about six or seven weeks before he left to take the position here.

I have to tell you guys that since August 2012, I have gained even MORE respect for him as a person, a coworker, a friend, and a boss. His leadership, understanding, passion for a great customer experience, and guidance have taught and inspired me a ton since that time. He will always take the time to listen to you, as a lot of you can probably attest to. Not only does he listen, his responses convey tools and ideas that better suit me for the future. He can always recall a story from his past in which he learned something valuable that relates to his answer to your question. Being here for more than 3.5 years has been an incredibly rewarding and educational experience, which I will always be grateful for. I am proud to say that I am happy to have him here as a part of this company, and in my eyes, there was no better candidate to fill the void of of his position.

Thanks for letting me share my appreciation for a friend with you. To all who read it, thanks. I have a feeling that where SPP is now will pale in comparison to its future with him at the helm.

To Jer, THANKS, buddy. For everything. :salute:

Tim... Nicely done. :rockon:

I also knew Jer pre-SAI days and agree 100%

WOW, awesome Tim (and well deserved)!

BTW, does Jer do your evaluation?

:hysterical2:

Jer - After a glowing review like that you better brace for all the resumes that will show up on your desk for people wanting to come work for you. :drop:

Jer - After a glowing review like that you better brace for all the resumes that will show up on your desk for people wanting to come work for you. :drop:

HA! "Yeah you can just back the truck up right here. We'll bring a forklift around from the warehouse."

LOL... Hey, I would welcome that! Jer

**Yawn**

Oh wait, wrong thread, I was thinking of a certain competitor in the oil separator thread, so nevermind.

It's always good to find out you are appreciated, right?

Good for you.

Great post Tim. I had the pleasure of meeting Jer when I was in Vegas this last Feb. He too treated me like I was an old friend and I've told everyone about the time he took with me as he showed me around. He told me how he used to hang around and how he finally got a job. You can see the passion for Shelby American in his eyes, and you're very lucky to have him there.

Great post Tim. I had the pleasure of meeting Jer when I was in Vegas this last Feb. He too treated me like I was an old friend and I've told everyone about the time he took with me as he showed me around. He told me how he used to hang around and how he finally got a job. You can see the passion for Shelby American in his eyes, and you're very lucky to have him there.

LOL... I always joke that the Shelby folks said "That guy hangs around here so much, could someone please give him something to do?"...

By the same token, Roger Sorel should have gotten a job at Guitar Center! It's a little-known fact that Roger is a guitar FANATIC. He might have spent more at GC than I spent at Shelby!

Then again...

Jer

To Jer, well deserved my friend! To everyone else, I can honestly tell all of you that Tim is absolutely right-on. I have always known Jer to go above-and-beyond, even before he joined SAI.

When my car was converted to a GT/SC a few years ago, he not only babysat it periodically during the process, he even gave me and Bob (07REDGT500) a ride to our hotel from the airport and then to Shelby in his GT/SC.... Before he even worked there!

Rock on!

Anton

I need to put a plug in for Tim as well they are all a class act at SPP I have been a long time customer and have seen a dramatic change in the past few months. Whenever I call with questions IF they don't know they find out JER your a class act. Now if one we could switch you over to a black sgt instead of white we'd be set LOL. GREAT POST SINCITYKID

Anton That blue sgt looks somewhat familiar is that the car I took photos of for someone.

To Jer, well deserved my friend! To everyone else, I can honestly tell all of you that Tim is absolutely right-on. I have always known Jer to go above-and-beyond, even before he joined SAI.

When my car was converted to a GT/SC a few years ago, he not only babysat it periodically during the process, he even gave me and Bob (07REDGT500) a ride to our hotel from the airport and then to Shelby in his GT/SC.... Before he even worked there!

Rock on!

Anton

Wasn't he the guy who had a photo in his signature holding a helmet with hair down to his waist?

I miss that photo... wonder if he still has the 80's big hair band look? JER - post a new PIC! :woot:

Archived