TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby oil seperator on SC whipple

TNTchris

I have mine. I haven't figured out a good placement yet. It looks like mounting it inline would be real tight for servicing it. I was hoping Jer would install one on his car and tell us how he did it. He has all of the good idea people there at SPP.

Hey Guys,

Has anyone put the the new Shelby oil seperator on their SGT/SC? Any pics or instructions? Mine is coming tomorrow......

Thanks

TNTChris

I hope you do nice job for the rest of us to follow..... take lots of pictures!

I have mine. I haven't figured out a good placement yet. It looks like mounting it inline would be real tight for servicing it. I was hoping Jer would install one on his car and tell us how he did it. He has all of the good idea people there at SPP.

Sorry, I don't mean to leave you hanging! My car is currently undergoing "renovation" in the shop here, so I can't get at the engine right now. I'll try to find another car here with a similar setup, so I can mock up something... Jer

Sorry, I don't mean to leave you hanging! My car is currently undergoing "renovation" in the shop here, so I can't get at the engine right now. I'll try to find another car here with a similar setup, so I can mock up something... Jer

Come on Jer! You're not allowed to put your car offline, we expect to get the first item off the line and try it out for us...... :hysterical:

I'm having my Deep Draw hood (that I bought in October) installed, finally! It's taken us a few weeks just to work out the right paint mix! But's it's gonna be cool. It's also going to have a different mesh than usual, I'm fitting the GT350/GTS-style stainless mesh instead of the usual hexagonal-pattern stuff. It's not easy, a Deep Draw's contours are a PITA to bend stainless screen to fit! So, right now, the fascias are off the car, and I'm gonna try to get a second to blow all the bugs outta my radiator and heat exchanger while it's easy to get to! LOL... Jer

Hey Guys,

Has anyone put the the new Shelby oil seperator on their SGT/SC? Any pics or instructions? Mine is coming tomorrow......

Thanks

TNTChris

Does not the Shelby GT/SC upgrade come with one? Both of my Kenne Bell conversions had one. I never drained mine, no more than a teaspoon in it, more work and mess to take it apart.

Does not the Shelby GT/SC upgrade come with one? Both of my Kenne Bell conversions had one. I never drained mine, no more than a teaspoon in it, more work and mess to take it apart.

The GT/SC upgrade does not come with separator on the whipple. I installed the JLT oil separator on my car on the driver's side and I can get about 2 teaspoons of oil in about 1,000 miles.

The GT/SC upgrade does not come with separator on the whipple. I installed the JLT oil separator on my car on the driver's side and I can get about 2 teaspoons of oil in about 1,000 miles.

Shelbytexan,

Do you have any pics?

Thanks

Chris

Just finished installing the Shelby oil separator. Took me a lot longer to decide on where I wanted to install it than accomplish the job. I took pictures now I have to figure out how to post them.

Here are some pics of mine installed. I did a fairly extensive post on this a couple years ago. There was also a link in my post that explained the principles of oil separators. All filaments that separator the oil are not created equal. The one that I remember being gigged the most were those that used some type of steel wool as the substance the separated the oil from the air.

Below are two pics of my separator and another one after it was installed. I made the bracket from stainless steel and mounted it to the strut tower. In the installation photo, follow the "yellow dots" on the hoses to see how it attaches. Basically you cut one hose and run the separator between them. I believe I ended up buying a longer hose when I installed mine. (By the way, the black at the bottom of the glass is a rubber cushion not oil. The guy selling these separators also makes one stainless steel.)

Jer, I'll see you next week. I'll be out in Vegas for about seven days - I'll bring you that GT/SC cap I promised you.

post-26281-0-24245700-1369278563_thumb.jpg

post-26281-0-04554100-1369278581_thumb.jpg

post-26281-0-82947900-1369278948_thumb.jpg

post-26281-0-24245700-1369278563_thumb.jpg

post-26281-0-04554100-1369278581_thumb.jpg

post-26281-0-82947900-1369278948_thumb.jpg

Did you mount the separator suspended inline or to a fender using extra lengths of tubing?

My oil separator is suspended inline and seams to work real well. I was able to just cut a section out of the line and install the factory line back together on both ends.I would do pictures but I'm pretty challenged on the computer already. I usually have to have my son-in-law help me if I do pictures.

After hooking this up does this change the pressure readings on the oil pressure gauge on the gauge pod?

Thanks

Chris

No, you will see no change there.

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

Okay thx guys! I picked up a JLT separator in Carlisle this weekend. I think I'll just suspend it for now, if need be I can always reroute the hoses and mount it later.

Next question...... Which side is the inlet and which is the outlet?

Okay thx guys! I picked up a JLT separator in Carlisle this weekend. I think I'll just suspend it for now, if need be I can always reroute the hoses and mount it later.

Next question...... Which side is the inlet and which is the outlet?

The JLT's inlet is the side with the filter inserted. Jer

Archived