TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT3199 Gets a new hood.

Harald, you are correct about the letter spacing. There is a Barrett Jackson in your Photobucket stream you can see it on as well.

Roblectric, your car looks great and you are not being too picky. This is your car and you want it done right. I would think they could have made a correction with the vent to improve it. It would bother me, so I understand how you feel.

They made a huge correction get it as close as they did. Whoever cut the slots in the first place was way off.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks 1000000 times better with that hood and paint. I can't believe they were able to paint that close (and get clean removal of the vinyl) into your roof edges without removing the glass. That saved you a LOT of money for sure. Nice job - the centering issue you mention/show would bother me, too. The center stripe makes it show up but a non striped car would not be a problem.

Will snap some tomorrow.

You guys have got me worried to death about my vents now....and I have no way of checking on it until Monday.....grrrrrrrr. Rob, do you have any pictures of the underside of the hood?

looks 1000000 times better with that hood and paint. I can't believe they were able to paint that close (and get clean removal of the vinyl) into your roof edges without removing the glass. That saved you a LOT of money for sure. Nice job - the centering issue you mention/show would bother me, too. The center stripe makes it show up but a non striped car would not be a problem.

I am glad I cant see while driving but I know its there. Most people will never notice it.

I have seen some hoods where they stopped the stripe before it went into the vent area. Had I done mine over, that's how I would have done it especially since the original GT-H hood is all black with the faux grill.

Major budget rebuild in the works for under the hood goodies. Not sure what theme to go with. FRP , SPP, Black or chrome covers. Awful tired od having to deal with the wackiness of these reply settings.

• 1 month later...

This story isn't over yet. Harald pointed out that my trunk lettering was improperly spaced. New letters finally went on today. They also took care of a dull spot on the hood that didn't get buffed properly. Also pointed out some overspray on the glass that they took care of. Waited for them to check the rest of the car for overspray and offer to correct that too. I finally said that if your tape job allowed paint on the glass it stands to reason that the sides of the car were contaminated too. They all looked surprised to find overspray there as well. So I am getting closer to putting this job into the history book.I have a Monday appointment for them to clay bar everything they didn't paint. I have heard the sorry word so many times. They have a tv ad with the motto "I would rather explain the price rather than apologize for the quality" Once this is all over I will be having a chat with the owner.

Have you had any rubbing issues with the underside of your hood? Mine is making contact with one of the outer strut tower bolts on the drivers side and for some reason, the hood is making contact with the top edge of the air filter. Both areas have caused the paint to be rubbed off.

Archived