TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 SE; How many were built?

richstang

I've been seeing a few of these pop up lately. Has anyone heard production numbers on these? Were they limited to the '08 and '09 model years? From the photo's I've seen, they look like the 40th package with different rims and an added pin stripe on the outside of the lemans striping. There was a red one for sale on eBay.

nobody......Awe come on. I believe there is at least 6 of them. There's a red coupe/white stripes with alcoa's, 1 red 'vert/black stripes with chrome rims, and 1 red 'vert/black stripes with black rims. There's a white coupe/red stripes with silver wheels, white coupe/black stripes with silver wheels, and a white coupe/blue stripes with chrome wheels.

I've seen a few. I'm shocked the owner didn't let the car go for $55k. It was probably the most affordable package to get yourself a true CSM #. For $55k I'd spend the money on a KR instead of an SE personally.

There was one on Mecum this weekend that got up to $55k but did not meet reserve.

Are you sure that was a "Special Edition"?

They were essentially a 40th for the '08 and '09 MY cars with some minor changes (albeit now quite rare).

Considering it's hard for '07 40th's to break the $40,000 threshhold these days, $55,000 is an awesome price!

Thanks for the replies. I guess there are no published number on these SE versions yet.

Correct as the SE program is still an active build proggram here at Shelby American. So if any of you 2008-09 GT500 owners are looking for a unique SAI installed package be sure to give the sales department a call.

The Shelby American Registry does not start crunching build numbers until a particular program has been closed, the last car has been built & delivered and an audit has been conducted thru the sales & production departments. Only then will we have firm & accurate build numbers for release.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I didn't realize this SE package was still available.

Not too many programs have closed. Off the top of my head, the closed programs are: the 40th Anniversary, the Terlingua, the Prudhomme, the 2011 GT350 and all of the 50th anniversary edition cars.

Those are in addition to the programs that never really took flight such as the Turbo GT, the F-150 SS and the CS-6. I may be forgetting a few others as it is Monday morning.

Steve

Not too many programs have closed. Off the top of my head, the closed programs are: the 40th Anniversary, the Terlingua, the Prudhomme, the 2011 GT350 and all of the 50th anniversary edition cars.

When did the 50th Anniversery cars end?

I just saw (this morning 6/3/13) a White/Gold 50th Super Snake get turned over to the owner on the Shelby Facebook page.

Phill

I'm pretty sure there are still quite a few 50th's in the production line, but they are all sold I believe. They sold out of all models offered. Steve will I'm sure confirm.

The 50th Anniversary Cobra sold out. Other 50th editions like the GTS were not as popular and did not sell out before the program closed. And yes I'm sure their are some 50th's still being built but no new orders can be placed.

Steve

When did the 50th Anniversery cars end?

I just saw (this morning 6/3/13) a White/Gold 50th Super Snake get turned over to the owner on the Shelby Facebook page.

Phill

Phil,

Originally the 50th Anniversary cut-off date was 12-31-2012 but was extended to 02/28/2013 as SAI had a few slots open. So although no new orders have been taken since 02/28 there are still 50th Anniversay cars in the pipeline. Once the last 50th car is built & delivered I'll be able to start the auditing process that will lead to final production numbers.

Steve

Phil,

Originally the 50th Anniversary cut-off date was 12-31-2012 but was extended to 02/28/2013 as SAI had a few slots open. So although no new orders have been taken since 02/28 there are still 50th Anniversay cars in the pipeline. Once the last 50th car is built & delivered I'll be able to start the auditing process that will lead to final production numbers.

Steve

Got it. Didn't realize the lag time between order/delivery could be so long.

I just went and looked for the post with the buyers name, can't find it now.

Phill

Got it. Didn't realize the lag time between order/delivery could be so long.

I just went and looked for the post with the buyers name, can't find it now.

Phill

Much of that "lag time" can be attributed to when the customer gets their car to SAI. All SAI needs is a deposit to reserve a spot. Believe it or not there are times when the customer is the one causing delays by not getting their car sent out to us. It all works out in the end.

Steve

I've been seeing a few of these pop up lately. Has anyone heard production numbers on these? Were they limited to the '08 and '09 model years? From the photo's I've seen, they look like the 40th package with different rims and an added pin stripe on the outside of the lemans striping. There was a red one for sale on eBay.

This got me to wondering what the CSM No. looks like on a GT500SE. The one on the engine plate and dash plaque...

Is it something like: CSM No. SE08xxx or is it GT500SE08xxx?

Now that I think of it, I can't even remember what a Super Snake CSM No. looks like!

Phill

This got me to wondering what the CSM No. looks like on a GT500SE. The one on the engine plate and dash plaque...

Is it something like: CSM No. SE08xxx or is it GT500SE08xxx?

Now that I think of it, I can't even remember what a Super Snake CSM No. looks like!

Phill

The CSM numbers would be:

08SExxxx

09SExxxx

with the xxxx being the four digit car number.

Steve

The CSM numbers would be:

08SExxxx

09SExxxx

with the xxxx being the four digit car number.

Steve

I've always wondered why Shelby allocates 4 digits when all of their upfits were limited to less than 1,000.....

Is there ANY car they planned to go 1000 (or 1999) units on?

Phill

Super Snakes started out with a cap of 1,000 builds for each model year.

Oh. For some reason I was thinking they were limited to 500....

Phill

Here's the link in to the Mecum auction. I agree with not understanding why the owner turned down $55k. You can buy a low mileage GT500 around $30k and send it to SAI for the SE package for $15,999. So around $46,000 you can get an SE made for you. Sounds like a great deal.

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=SC0513-152947&entryRow=349&lottype=car&startRow=341

Here's the link in to the Mecum auction. I agree with not understanding why the owner turned down $55k. You can buy a low mileage GT500 around $30k and send it to SAI for the SE package for $15,999. So around $46,000 you can get an SE made for you. Sounds like a great deal.

http://www.mecum.com...ar&startRow=341

WOW! I don't think that offer will be reproduced any time soon.

Talk about sellers remorse!

Did he list the reserve?

This is the same car that was listed on eBay (first post in this thread) now I'm wondering if it sold or what it was bid up to?

Just checked eBay and it isn't in the completed listings. It must have ended more than a week ago.

There was one on Mecum this weekend that got up to $55k but did not meet reserve.

There are some discrepancies with this Mecum car that the team here at Shelby American is looking into. As with any Shelby purchase, buyers need to research and document a cars history before placing bids or writing a check.

Steve

Archived