TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Yes, a middle age looking Canadian guy ambled up on stage just as the bid stalled at $1.2 million. He yelled at Mecum and the owner, Dick Ellis, "whatdayawant for it?" He said $1.3 million, then the Canadian guy said OK, and it sold. Nobody seems to know who the new buyer is.

Well @ least the guy was smart enought not spend all that money on a a resto- mod . The " real Eleanor " being an exception . I still like pure non modified old RARE Mustangs I am still from the old school. I wonder how the NCRS people feel about resto mod Corvettes .I hope the guy keeps the public informed about that really important Shelby. WOW

Well @ least the guy was smart enought not spend all that money on a a resto- mod . The " real Eleanor " being an exception . I still like pure non modified old RARE Mustangs I am still from the old school. I wonder how the NCRS people feel about resto mod Corvettes .

+1, and speaking as a long time member and NCRS judge, I can tell you they make me, and most I know at NCRS, want to upchuck all over their resto-moded skins and aftermarket parts. Especially the C1s and C2s that sell for north of six figures, total stupidity for us.

Archived