TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Wax and cleaning - waxing over Stripes

Rodders

I also use Adams products and find that the VRT is a must for the vinyl stripes. Waxes will only make a mess on the vinyl. Of course, the better route is to have the stripes heat pulled and paint and clear coat new ones. Then any car polish will work fine!

I also use Adams products and find that the VRT is a must for the vinyl stripes. Waxes will only make a mess on the vinyl. Of course, the better route is to have the stripes heat pulled and paint and clear coat new ones. Then any car polish will work fine!

do you tape off the sides around the stripes before using the VRT so it doesn't get on the paint? I have a bottle if it and have never used it and would like to give it shot on the stripes.

do you tape off the sides around the stripes before using the VRT so it doesn't get on the paint? I have a bottle if it and have never used it and would like to give it shot on the stripes.

I can't speak for 66GT350PS, but I do not. VRT won't hurt painted/waxed surfaces and I wipe excess off with microfiber to ensure a satin finish, so wiping a little beyond the stripes is no big deal. If streaking occurs, it's nothing a little Detail Spray can't fix...

FWIW, you can probably just wax your (gloss) stripes.

Archived