TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MY GIRL IS FINALLY HOME

montego460

HELLO ALL,

what a journey,where do i start????This is a tough one.well let me try to sum it up as briefly as possible.

Not to sound like a broken record so i will just say it one more time and that will be it,for me it was all about stangsunleashed that really made the difference for me with this car.it is more then just talking to people from this site,its more then just meeting new people and friends from here.Listening to opinions(and boy are there alot of them).Learning all about this car from all the knowledgable folks,its the whole package.It was about two years or so ago that i heard about the gt500 and then i set my eyes on some photos and that was it for me,it was love at first sight,this car was just beautiful and for me,a mustang kind of freak it was the ultimate.I decided as long as it was priced so that a regular person like myself could afford it then i was gonna get one in the future.well from that point forward i was on a mission,it was not a matter of IF for me but a matter of WHEN i was going to finally get one.

From then on it was an extremly rocky road for me,just disappointment after disappointment and my spirits were really low but i never lost faith.I must have called 25 dealerships and you all know what some of the answers were that i was getting,well to cut it short after about

6 to 8 months of dissapointments i found this site and let me tell you it was a relief to find a place i could learn and understand much about this car and it made all the difference for me,it gave me the knowledge and tools to understand the ins and outs of buying this car.It sounds crazy i know but it was like a war at times,me against the dealers.Well they were not all bad and i must say there are many good ones out there but unforunatly there are not as many good ones as lousy ones unfortunatly.

I was on a list locally in my town and it turned out that my local dealer who told me i was number 2 on a list made me into a group of 15 to be in a lottery for the highest bidder,real nice people huh.then on nov 1 i put a 5000 deposit on a car that was to be in 8 to 12 weeks,well the car never showed up and i was basically told not to bother them and when they hear something they will call me and if i want my deposit back i was more then welcome to it.

Well hear it was the middle of march and i had no car and no idea if the car that was ordered for me would every come and boy was i pissed that i got involved with this dealership and wasted 5 months on a car that was supposed to be alloted to this dealer because another dealer went out of business and they were supposed to get there allotment.Well anyway it was now the middle of march and spring was around the corner and i just really got let down with the prospect of no gt500 for the summer.Sure i could of had one for 20k over or even 15k over but that was just out of my reach,i just did not have enough to afford that so here i was just disgusted as i have been many times before.

Well i don't remember how it happened but me and shelbydude started talking and i told him my plight and boy did he kick butt,being he is in a dealership himself he has the assets that most do not and there was never a shortage of help he was willing to give,he gave of himself above and beyond without looking for anything other then a thankyou and to me in todays world that shows alot of character and willingness to help others out,to that my complete thanks and gratitude goes out to you shelbydude for everybit of help you were to me.Without you my wait would probably have been much longer and harder.

I called a dealership that shelbydude said had an alotment for one more car in 2007 and they would sell it to me for the price i needed to be at so i called them and in short this is what took place.

Its this simple and this is what happened.

I said to them i would give them the adm they wanted and i agreed to it and they said they wanted a large deposit up front and the car paid for before it came in.

I said no problem you can have a large deposit but you will not have this car paid for until i have the keys in my hand and i inspect the car myself so they agreed to that.I also told them that for the adm i was paying i wanted to be kept in the loop each and every step of the way,i wanted weekly updates on my car and most important was i needed this car for the springtime approx 6 to 8 weeks from april 1st. I was promised this in writing by the dealer and i was promised a vin within 1 week of my order.To make a long story short i ordered my car on april 1st and my car was delivered to davies ford on monday april 31st and i picked it up and was driving home on i-76 penn tpke on may 3rd.Left lane the whole ride home.

My impressions,no different then anyone elses,this car is truely amazing like nothing else i have ever owned,one member said it the best if i remeber correctly,GENTLE GIANT.

That pretty much sums it up,it is just subtle when you need it to be and an animal when you want it to be,it is the most wonderful car i have ever owned up to now and it has brought alot of happiness to me,the journey was long and hard and it is finally over,it is a thing of beauty to me and something i will enjoy for a very very long time,god willing.

The ride home was pretty neat also.I used to be able to drive long distances when i was younger but not anymore,now i have to stop every 2 hours for some for food or coffee just to stay alert on the major interstates.One time i pulled off at a roy rogers to get a cup of coffee or something and i parked the car all by itself on the other side of the lot so no one would come near it.Well i come walking out 2 minutes later and theres a dodge b300 maxivan parked next to it with about 20 guys all around my car,i freaked,i walked as fast as i could back to my car and as i was approching it they all said,hey is that yours and i said yup,well it turned out to be a bunch of people in a church bus on a outing and they all congratulated me and gave me some handshakes and wished me goodluck and said she was a beautiful car,a real bunch of nice people.

Lots of people tailgating me just gazing at the car.Two or three people pulled up next to me and gave me the old thumbs up,it felt nice to see other people really appreciate the beauty of this car.I am not a car show kind of person and a have few really nice old cars but i never go to car shows as i just feel a little funny about showing my cars off,well thats just me and if nobody recognized the car that would have been okay too but just to see peoples reactions was really cool i must admit.

What a day it was and shes finally home safe and sound.

Just to some of the people i can remember,crispy23,joe53,grabber,kcmo,lsr,shelbydude,and to ALL of you others that its too late for me to remember at the moment but i really do i want to shout out---------thanks for all your support and help over the past year and a half---

you all made the journey so much better,i can't imagine not going down this whole road without stangsunleashed and all of your help.

PEACE ALL and enjoy your cars and for those who do not have them yet and are waiting for the right time and price,hang in there and you will find out like the rest of us that the wait is extremly worth it,you will find that out the first time you round the corner and set your eyes on your own car for real and then finally get to drive it and shift that tremec and feel that torque,its just so awesome,i hope everyone who does not have one gets one soon and all of you who already have your cars can feel exactly what i mean.

DRIVE SAFE ALL.

Larry

NY

post-6179-1178595154_thumb.jpg

post-6179-1178595209_thumb.jpg

post-6179-1178595278_thumb.jpg

post-6179-1178595406_thumb.jpg

post-6179-1178595154_thumb.jpg

post-6179-1178595209_thumb.jpg

post-6179-1178595278_thumb.jpg

post-6179-1178595406_thumb.jpg

HELLO ALL,

what a journey,where do i start????This is a tough one.well let me try to sum it up as briefly as possible.

Not to sound like a broken record so i will just say it one more time and that will be it,for me it was all about stangsunleashed that really made the difference for me with this car.it is more then just talking to people from this site,its more then just meeting new people and friends from here.Listening to opinions(and boy are there alot of them).Learning all about this car from all the knowledgable folks,its the whole package.It was about two years or so ago that i heard about the gt500 and then i set my eyes on some photos and that was it for me,it was love at first sight,this car was just beautiful and for me,a mustang kind of freak it was the ultimate.I decided as long as it was priced so that a regular person like myself could afford it then i was gonna get one in the future.well from that point forward i was on a mission,it was not a matter of IF for me but a matter of WHEN i was going to finally get one.

From then on it was an extremly rocky road for me,just disappointment after disappointment and my spirits were really low but i never lost faith.I must have called 25 dealerships and you all know what some of the answers were that i was getting,well to cut it short after about

6 to 8 months of dissapointments i found this site and let me tell you it was a relief to find a place i could learn and understand much about this car and it made all the difference for me,it gave me the knowledge and tools to understand the ins and outs of buying this car.It sounds crazy i know but it was like a war at times,me against the dealers.Well they were not all bad and i must say there are many good ones out there but unforunatly there are not as many good ones as lousy ones unfortunatly.

I was on a list locally in my town and it turned out that my local dealer who told me i was number 2 on a list made me into a group of 15 to be in a lottery for the highest bidder,real nice people huh.then on nov 1 i put a 5000 deposit on a car that was to be in 8 to 12 weeks,well the car never showed up and i was basically told not to bother them and when they hear something they will call me and if i want my deposit back i was more then welcome to it.

Well hear it was the middle of march and i had no car and no idea if the car that was ordered for me would every come and boy was i pissed that i got involved with this dealership and wasted 5 months on a car that was supposed to be alloted to this dealer because another dealer went out of business and they were supposed to get there allotment.Well anyway it was now the middle of march and spring was around the corner and i just really got let down with the prospect of no gt500 for the summer.Sure i could of had one for 20k over or even 15k over but that was just out of my reach,i just did not have enough to afford that so here i was just disgusted as i have been many times before.

Well i don't remember how it happened but me and shelbydude started talking and i told him my plight and boy did he kick butt,being he is in a dealership himself he has the assets that most do not and there was never a shortage of help he was willing to give,he gave of himself above and beyond without looking for anything other then a thankyou and to me in todays world that shows alot of character and willingness to help others out,to that my complete thanks and gratitude goes out to you shelbydude for everybit of help you were to me.Without you my wait would probably have been much longer and harder.

I called a dealership that shelbydude said had an alotment for one more car in 2007 and they would sell it to me for the price i needed to be at so i called them and in short this is what took place.

Its this simple and this is what happened.

I said to them i would give them the adm they wanted and i agreed to it and they said they wanted a large deposit up front and the car paid for before it came in.

I said no problem you can have a large deposit but you will not have this car paid for until i have the keys in my hand and i inspect the car myself so they agreed to that.I also told them that for the adm i was paying i wanted to be kept in the loop each and every step of the way,i wanted weekly updates on my car and most important was i needed this car for the springtime approx 6 to 8 weeks from april 1st. I was promised this in writing by the dealer and i was promised a vin within 1 week of my order.To make a long story short i ordered my car on april 1st and my car was delivered to davies ford on monday april 31st and i picked it up and was driving home on i-76 penn tpke on may 3rd.Left lane the whole ride home.

My impressions,no different then anyone elses,this car is truely amazing like nothing else i have ever owned,one member said it the best if i remeber correctly,GENTLE GIANT.

That pretty much sums it up,it is just subtle when you need it to be and an animal when you want it to be,it is the most wonderful car i have ever owned up to now and it has brought alot of happiness to me,the journey was long and hard and it is finally over,it is a thing of beauty to me and something i will enjoy for a very very long time,god willing.

The ride home was pretty neat also.I used to be able to drive long distances when i was younger but not anymore,now i have to stop every 2 hours for some for food or coffee just to stay alert on the major interstates.One time i pulled off at a roy rogers to get a cup of coffee or something and i parked the car all by itself on the other side of the lot so no one would come near it.Well i come walking out 2 minutes later and theres a dodge b300 maxivan parked next to it with about 20 guys all around my car,i freaked,i walked as fast as i could back to my car and as i was approching it they all said,hey is that yours and i said yup,well it turned out to be a bunch of people in a church bus on a outing and they all congratulated me and gave me some handshakes and wished me goodluck and said she was a beautiful car,a real bunch of nice people.

Lots of people tailgating me just gazing at the car.Two or three people pulled up next to me and gave me the old thumbs up,it felt nice to see other people really appreciate the beauty of this car.I am not a car show kind of person and a have few really nice old cars but i never go to car shows as i just feel a little funny about showing my cars off,well thats just me and if nobody recognized the car that would have been okay too but just to see peoples reactions was really cool i must admit.

What a day it was and shes finally home safe and sound.

Just to some of the people i can remember,crispy23,joe53,grabber,kcmo,lsr,shelbydude,and to ALL of you others that its too late for me to remember at the moment but i really do i want to shout out---------thanks for all your support and help over the past year and a half---

you all made the journey so much better,i can't imagine not going down this whole road without stangsunleashed and all of your help.

PEACE ALL and enjoy your cars and for those who do not have them yet and are waiting for the right time and price,hang in there and you will find out like the rest of us that the wait is extremly worth it,you will find that out the first time you round the corner and set your eyes on your own car for real and then finally get to drive it and shift that tremec and feel that torque,its just so awesome,i hope everyone who does not have one gets one soon and all of you who already have your cars can feel exactly what i mean.

DRIVE SAFE ALL.

Larry

NY

Congratulations Larry. Thanks for sharing your story, it's a good one. Enjoy and be careful.

Blayne

Montego460

Congratulations .... one SIMPLE question .. WAS IT WORTH THE WAIT :yahoo:

montego460,

Your story and your pictures (especially the fourth one) really made my day--sometimes good things do happen to good people, and that's obviously the case here. Shelbydude's part in your odyssesy reveals he's a class act and I'm glad you shared that part of the story as well. Last but not least, you have great taste in cars and color combos! Here's to a great summer and several hundred thousand miles of fun in the Gentle Giant!

CC

Congradulations on your car. Glad you were able to get it and pay what you wanted. That's one thing about this place is there are alot of good people on here that will help you out whenever they can.

Congratulations on your new baby! Gentle Giant is a great description of these cars. Take care and be safe out there as some drivers tend to get a little too close on the road just so they can check it out and take pics!

Congratulation montego460!

I love your story, especially the fact that it has a great ending. With a lot of perseverence and the help of some friends, you were able to acheive your goal. Most, if not all people on this site are passionate about their car and your post showed a lot of passion for the Shelby. Great pictures too, especially the one with your daughter.

Enjoy the Gentle Giant!

Congratulation montego460!

I love your story, especially the fact that it has a great ending. With a lot of perseverence and the help of some friends, you were able to acheive your goal. Most, if not all people on this site are passionate about their car and your post showed a lot of passion for the Shelby. Great pictures too, especially the one with your daughter.

Enjoy the Gentle Giant!

Thank you all for the kind words and good wishes,it is greatly appreciated.My wife and my 2 1/2 year old daughter are my world and the universe revolves around my little girl but its really wonderful to have a great car like this and enjoy such a cool hobby with such a nice bunch of people.thanks again for everyones help and good wishes.

Larry

NY

:happy feet: You got your shelby! :happy feet: You got your shelby! :happy feet: You got your shelby! :happy feet:

I'm so glad everything worked out for Larry. Great color choice and Vista Blue is the FASTEST!

Those are some really nice pics with a nice setting. The last one with your daughter is priceless!

Has she sat in daddy's lap to drive your gentle giant yet?

:elefant: Larry...Larry...Larry :elefant:

You Got it. :happy feet:

I am very happy for you. Now relax more and enjoy life...more.

Shelbydude....good form helping a brother.

Your daughter is a cutie pie !

Larry, that's a beautiful car; almost as pretty as that young thing next to you. She looks like a real sweetheart!!!

she is thank you

John

Would you like to trade for an 18 year old boy with a scruffy beard???? :hysterical2:

let me get back to you on that when my daughters 16 and i have to carry a big stick around.By then i will have no hair on my head.

Larry

Awsome story!

By the way, thanks for the hook up!!!! he he he

I hope my story will be just as good, now have fun ridin :D

Chuck

chuck,i am sure your story will be just as gratifying and great.your welcome and hang in there it will be worth every second of the wait,your car should be in in the next couple weeks.

Larry

Archived