TEAM SHELBY FORUM

20" Shelby Alcoa GT500KR Wheels

Yeah its been said before....

Why did the KR's come out with the 18's vs the 20's like on the prototype (Performance basically). But can we request for these to be made? Any possible way? Then maybe it would be easier for KR owners to acquire vs the 50th Anniversaries, Super Snakes, and regular alcoa's in which they are going for ridiculous amounts. If there were more made to go around then the prices would be REASONABLE.

TY,

Mac

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the topic of alcoas has been discussed ad nauseum and the result was a short run of 50th anniversary wheels that i suspect are all gone (or almost gone) and cost a small fortune.

and yes, the KR alcoas were 18" for performance reasons (same reason SVT used 18" from the factory). personally, i believe 20" wheels look better on these cars.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't count on a new batch of Alcoa 20s being made, especially with GT500KR specific engraving. I also preferred the look of the 20's over the 18's and was lucky enough to buy a set of regular Alcoa 20's shortly after it became known that they would be discontinued. I added the KR specific center caps when they became available last year. Keep your eyes open and you may ultimately find a set for sale on Ebay at a reasonable price.

The 20" KR Alcoa topic has been around since 2008 and correct me if I'm mistaken but didn't Gary Patterson offer to have these 20" wheels made several years back if enough people would commit? If I recall only a few people stepped up and that was the end of it.

It seems to me that shipped has sailed.

Steve

The 20" KR Alcoa topic has been around since 2008 and correct me if I'm mistaken but didn't Gary Patterson offer to have these 20" wheels made several years back if enough people would commit? If I recall only a few people stepped up and that was the end of it.

It seems to me that shipped has sailed.

Steve

I remember a Alcoa Dura-bright 20"x11" attempt but that fell to the wayside.

I don't recall seeing a KR/Dura-bright 20" attempt but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Phill

I remember a Alcoa Dura-bright 20"x11" attempt but that fell to the wayside.

I don't recall seeing a KR/Dura-bright 20" attempt but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Phill

I think you had to buy the up-fitter package. $16,800

Thats just a guess...could be wrong.

89Saleen215, that set of 20" Alcoas with the KR engraving was suspicious in that the engraving was upside down compared to the 20" wheels on the show cars. In addition, the engraving appeared to be slightly off, like they had been photo-shopped or something.

I had my eye on the prototype stamped 20" KR Alcoa's that appeared on ebay last year....they went away before I decided to seriously bid. So there's one set out there somewhere making someone happy.

They were fakes, which is why I suspect they were quickly removed from e-bay.

They may have been real 20" Alcoa Dura-brights, but the general consensus was that a person working for Alcoa had them made into "KR" labled wheels, and poorly made at that (see the post regarding the upside down engraving).

The location of the wheels and the location of the Alcoa plant were in the same city, which is why they were suspected of being real, but faked.

Phill

In all my pics of the prototype KR...I can't seem to find any with a decent shot of the wheels enough to read them. Does anyone have one they can throw up here for viewing? I have the pics of the ones that were on ebay for comparison.

• 4 months later...

Archived