TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Offer the Super Snake A-Pillar Tri-Gauge for sale to 11-14 Shelby Owners

Jer -- It would be great if SPP would offer the Super Snake A-Pillar Tri-Gauge set with the same gauges as comes with the Super Snake. I've talked to a couple of your sales guys and they say that they hear this often. Is there a possibility that this will happen anytime soon?

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Jer -- It would be great if SPP would offer the Super Snake A-Pillar Tri-Gauge set with the same gauges as comes with the Super Snake. I've talked to a couple of your sales guys and they say that they hear this often. Is there a possibility that this will happen anytime soon?

Jim

Jim, sorry for the delay in my response - the only thing about those kits is that they are not the easiest "owner-installed" item. It's a bit complex, so we need to put together an Instruction Sheet for it. It's on our to-do list... Jer

• 4 weeks later...

Jer - I would be happy to work with your guys in helping put together a user/owner installation instruction set. I could be the "test case" or help write the instructions, or help by reviewing. Let me know.

Jim

Jer - I would be happy to work with your guys in helping put together a user/owner installation instruction set. I could be the "test case" or help write the instructions, or help by reviewing. Let me know.

Jim

Maybe you don't realize it but you can buy the 3-gauge pillar mount and the carbon fiber faced gauges directly from Auto-meter.

The Shelby (Gen. 2) gauges don't have the Carroll Shelby autograph like the early dash pod mounted gauges had, the'yre just carbon fiber faced Auto-meter gauges. And so is the A-pillar pod. I've seen them both at my local Pep-Boys.

Phill

Phill -- I checked the Auto-meter site and did not see the A-pillar tri mount. I also called Pep-Boys -- my Pep Boys Store was unsure of what part I was referring to. Do you have a part number or more info to share?

Thanks

Jim

Maybe you don't realize it but you can buy the 3-gauge pillar mount and the carbon fiber faced gauges directly from Auto-meter.

The Shelby (Gen. 2) gauges don't have the Carroll Shelby autograph like the early dash pod mounted gauges had, the'yre just carbon fiber faced Auto-meter gauges. And so is the A-pillar pod. I've seen them both at my local Pep-Boys.

Phill

Phill -- Can you provide more info? I checked the Auto-meter site and called my local Pep Boys Store -- I did not see the tri-meter A-pillar Pod. The Pep Boys Rep asked for a part number.

Also, do you know what gauges Shelby puts in the SS?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim

Might be a fun project, Jim! Let's talk about it next week. I've been considering something like this for a while now. Jer

Might be a fun project, Jim! Let's talk about it next week. I've been considering something like this for a while now. Jer

Jer: Will do.

Jim

Phill -- I checked the Auto-meter site and did not see the A-pillar tri mount. I also called Pep-Boys -- my Pep Boys Store was unsure of what part I was referring to. Do you have a part number or more info to share?

Thanks

Jim

I'll grab the part # off of the box next time I go in.

I thought sure I found it on the Internet too though. It's in a Auto Meter box so I ASSUME it's made by AM but could just be marketed by AM.

Phill

I'll grab the part # off of the box next time I go in.

I thought sure I found it on the Internet too though. It's in a Auto Meter box so I ASSUME it's made by AM but could just be marketed by AM.

Phill

Phill -- any luck on getting that part number?

Jim

Jer -- Any thoughts on this? Should I give you a call this week to discuss further?

Jim

Phill -- any luck on getting that part number?

Jim

No, I haven't been out of the house much let alone to Pep boys. I need to go out today, maybe I can remember to stop in.

I looked at the Auto Meter site and see one for the '09 and earlier models so now I'm wondering if the one I saw at PB was the early version. Which would more than likely fit since the A-pillar didn't change between the two models.

I know when "Blackout" wanted me to replace all of his Super Snake gauges with some different ones I saw the "Shelby" unit up close and personal and I'm about 99% positive it's a Auto Meter (thin, cheap & flimsy). In fact, that was one of Blackout's bitches about his Super Snake, that he paid all that money for it and got a cheap/thin/flimsy A-piller gauge pod.

I'll still look when I get to Pep Boys though.

Phill

Jer -- Any thoughts on this? Should I give you a call this week to discuss further?

Jim

Yes, absolutely.

Jer

• 3 months later...

Guys,

Didn't see it mentioned, so I'll throw in some additional info I you might find useful. My research led me to Revan Racing and Lethal Performance sites. Both offer options for both brand and type of gauges, as well as the choice of 2 or 3 pod options.

Quinn

Good to go.

Pods are in stock, ready to sell soon. Updates ASAP.

Jer

• 3 weeks later...

After.

The only thing we're waiting on is to do the Instructions for installation, and THAT is usually the most time-consuming thing for us.

With only 7 business days left here in the old facility, the rush is on to prioritize our tasks.

Jer

After.

The only thing we're waiting on is to do the Instructions for installation, and THAT is usually the most time-consuming thing for us.

With only 7 business days left here in the old facility, the rush is on to prioritize our tasks.

Jer

There's a good chance I'll be buying one of these too so I'm another 'waiting'.

I put my vac/boost gauge in a Roush vent pod and it's almost useless there. The steering wheel is in my direct line of sight so I have to lean over to see the boost numbers and when it's ON boost, I can't sit there leaned over and staring down away from the road and take a chance on losing it.

So it's between a A-pillar mount or a Boss type dash mount (and I *really* hate to cut a hole in my dash).

Phill

• 2 months later...

Jim

Also interested in the SS A-Pillar Gauge Pod! Has anything progressed with this?

• 1 month later...

Jer,

Any progress with this? Also, do you know if there is a way to monitor transmission temp, and if so, you carry a matching gauge for your others? My wife's Camaro SS has temp gauge for her Tremec TR-6060.

Also interested in the SS A-Pillar Gauge Pod! Has anything progressed with this?

I found the part # for the 2010 and up Mustang Autometer A-pillar triple gauge pod and posted it in a similar thread here on TS (I looked for this thread and couldn't find it).

I included a link to a e-bay auction selling it.

As for a transmission temp gauge, I think Autometer sells one. I'm just not sure if they sell one with the Carbon Fiber face which is what SA uses on the 2010+ Super Snakes so if you wanted a match to the SS pillar pod and gauges, look for one on the autometer WWW site.

Phill

The SS A-pillar gauge set (with CF gauge faces) will be available in a week or so, AND on Introductory Sale...

Jer

The SS A-pillar gauge set (with CF gauge faces) will be available in a week or so, AND on Introductory Sale...

Jer

MMMMmmmmm! Cool.

Phill

Great news Jer.

Phill, thanks for the Autometer link. Looking to see who has done it with the TR-6060. I am hoping there's a plug to pull out and install the sensor rather that drill and tap. Also, do people have better success with electrical or mechanical gauges. I would assume electrical would be more accurate and easier in this case.

Chad

Great news Jer.

Phill, thanks for the Autometer link. Looking to see who has done it with the TR-6060. I am hoping there's a plug to pull out and install the sensor rather that drill and tap. Also, do people have better success with electrical or mechanical gauges. I would assume electrical would be more accurate and easier in this case.

Chad

Use the drain plug hole for the sender.

I personally like the electrical type for the simple reason that you just run a couple of wires instead of a capillary tube. If you bend/kink the capillary tube, your gauge is garbage. And it's easy to do.

Phill

• 5 weeks later...

Jer, When your back in the office, could you check to see when the A-Pillar gauge set will be available for sale. A month ago is was to be in a week or so. Did I miss it?

Thanks,

Chad

We had a customer who bought one and was going to help create the directions sheet. We haven't heard back.

It will be done, just needs to wait until after The Bash. We are working nights and weekends with THAT right now.

Sorry for the wait. They are in stock and ready to go otherwise...

Jer

Archived