TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strange Noise - Ideas?

THXCHS

While driving my 2010 GT-500 it suddenly started making a strange noise. Nothing I can think of immediately preceded it starting. I hear it much more pronounced in 1st and 2nd gear with it more faint or gone as I go higher in the gears. It sounds like a Darth Vader breathing noise in the background of the general noise I hear from the exhaust as I drive. Air passing somewhere under the dash in the center or something. This occurs even though I have no air on or venting. When it first started it would go away when I pushed the clutch down, but now the noise is there regardless of the clutch. I did just recently have a new shifter installed, but I have been driving for about a week without having this noise start so seems something independent of that work although strangely coincidental.

I took it to my mechanic and at first he did not notice it because he was listening for something else. When I took him for a drive he heard it clearly but was not sure what it might be. It definitely was not there before. I have the car while he thinks about it. Thought I would check with you all.

Thanks,

THXCHS

• 2 weeks later...

Seems the new Barton shifter has an expected increase in NVH (noise,vibration,harshness). I have read some ways to reduce this. I love the shifter but was not prepared for the amount of NVH increase.

Archived