TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Challenge Road Race Car.

Bob Z

Last summer I raced in NASA a 2007 Miller Challenge Mustang( FR500s) at the Miller Motorsports track in Utah. My friend and partner owns the car... What blast that car is to drive! So we decided to build a copy from a 2007 Shelby GT. NOT reinventing anything , just trying to build a reasonably priced, safe, reliable Road Course car that everyone can drive- And be a Shelby.Our first goal was to use as many Shelby Performance Parts as possible. Thanks Jer and SPP for helping. Thanks Metro Ford here in Miami for a sponsorship on the labor part of the build. IT WILL BE DONE AND WILL BE AT JOHN KELLER's TEAM SHELBY GRAND NATIONAL IN CARLISLE.

HERE IS A LIST ( probably forgot a couple things and may add a couple things) of the build as of today ( 5-16-2013)

Welded in 6 point roll cage

Sparco Circuit racing seats ( we put in a passenger racing seat to give rides)

Sparco 5pt belts

SPA Halon fire suppression system- 4 liter

Shelby Extreme ( Baer) 6 piston front and rear- probably a little overkill

Shelby American transmission cooler scoop

Shelby 4.6l Extreme Duty Radiator

Shelby Track Pack- most of it

Shelby Aluminum Valve Covers- just because they look cool

Shelby Engine cap set, fluid cap set, dip stick

Torsen Differential

Off road X pipes

Long tube headers

Billet Charge motion delete Plates

AiM Digital Dash- Data logger

Cold Air intake

Team Dynamics 18x9 race wheels

BF Goodrich G-Force R1 275/35r/ 18

Carbon Fiber rear wing

Carbon Fiber front splitter

PICTURES are from a while ago.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you have a brake duct cooling kit installed for those Baer brakes? Also hope you are using a good race pad like Performance Friction.

I have not had good luck with drilled rotors on the road course.

I hope you have a brake duct cooling kit installed for those Baer brakes? Also hope you are using a good race pad like Performance Friction.

I have not had good luck with drilled rotors on the road course.

drilled rotors are great!! if you plan on changing them every time you take it to the track

Drilled rotor are fine as long as they are good quality. They do wear quicker, but unless you are racing for a long period of time super hard you won't have to change them TOO often. But as in any race application rotor will need to be changed periodically. I look forward to this coming week and seeing this car.

Archived