TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Falcon Wagon??

Jon Mopar

I've seen pics of a Falcon wagon used by CS back in the day as a parts chaser/delivery vehicle. Have they ever made it in diecast?

-on second thought, I'm having a hard time even finding pics of the real one

ford-wagon.jpg

Edited by Jon Mopar

I'll look to see if I can find the one's I have. May also want to ask twobjshelby's or look at some of his pictures in the Mountain Region section. That car is in the Boulder Shelby Collection. I know I have some shots somewhere. Never seen a diecast.

I'll look to see if I can find the one's I have. May also want to ask twobjshelby's or look at some of his pictures in the Mountain Region section. That car is in the Boulder Shelby Collection. I know I have some shots somewhere. Never seen a diecast.

Someone just recently posted a ship load of pics from the museum. Was that you or 2shelby's? Now I can't remember where I saw them...On the CSBC site maybe? Or was that here......

ARGH! The memory is the second thing to go and I can't remember what the first thing to go is....

Phill (but I have a pretty good idea! <lol>)

Hi All,

Here are a few more pictures from the Shelby Museum website .....

falconbmed.jpg

falconcmed.jpg

falcondmed.jpg

I'd love to see Hot Wheels or another diecast manufacturer produce this in 1:64. And to put it over the top, have a trailer

behind it towing a Cobra !

Scott

Hi All,

Here are a few more pictures from the Shelby Museum website .....

falconbmed.jpg

Oh, SH*T!

That's not just a Falcon station wagon, it's a panel wagon.

Any pics of how the back opens? Top/bottom window/tailgate or side by side doors?

If it has doors, it's a rare one.

Phill

Phil,

You should just drive over to Boulder and check it out. It's been there for a very long time. I can't find my pictures of it. I'm sure that twobjshelbys has to have many. I'll ping him and see if he can respond here. If not, we're having a ralley that starts there here in a couple weeks and I'll try to get some more shots then.

Edited by JeffJ

Jeff, the pictures there are from the Boulder Shelby American Collection. I'm sure if we went back I'd find some different angles in the shots but the ones above are the car.

I've never seen it opened up either front or back.

From what I've been told this was a "tender". I don't know if it ever towed a car. A better description would be a parts car or a "grocery getter". It's what the guys used to service stuff.

Edited by twobjshelbys

Here's some other photo's I found on line. Story on that web site says it was used as a parts getter and a tow vehicle. I do remember seeing a pretty serious hitch on the back. I'll try to see if they will open it up for me in a couple of weeks. It was originally a 260 car but was built up to full K code Cobra 289.

2009-4-24_CobraSDEmblemWeb-Large.jpg

2009-4-24_CobraSDEngineWeb-Large.jpg

2009-4-24_CobraSDLFWeb-Large.jpg

As far as diecast Falcons, I have a few models from Trax (Australia), and one from Buby (Argentina), but they are all 1:43.

A serious modeler could probably make a decent Shelby go-fer car out of one or another of them. Would take a conversion to left-hand drive.

2352518062_fedf7d3598_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a few shots from yesterday. They couldn't open the back since it was to close to the wall, but you can see by the hinges, that the glass rolls down into the gate, then the gate opens down like a tailgate.

Shelbywagon1_zps648a7466.jpg

Shelbywagon3_zpsed7d72b8.jpg

Shelbywagon4_zps5de54dad.jpg

Shelbywagon2_zpsaca30926.jpg

Here's a few shots from yesterday. They couldn't open the back since it was to close to the wall, but you can see by the hinges, that the glass rolls down into the gate, then the gate opens down like a tailgate.

Shelbywagon1_zps648a7466.jpg

Shelbywagon3_zpsed7d72b8.jpg

Shelbywagon4_zps5de54dad.jpg

Shelbywagon2_zpsaca30926.jpg

What's the story with the GT350 hood hanging on the wall. I would love to have that hood to replace my crappy bond on scooped hood!