TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake Swap Proposal

IASHELBYGT

Okay fellow TS Members. I am interested in a set of the Shelby Extreme Front Brakes currently on sale. I have a set of the Shelby GT Plus Front Brakes on my car now, the 2-piston variety. The Extremes even on sale are more $$ than I can afford right now, but if somebody would commit to buy my current Shelby GT Plus set up for $600 I could swing it. I have about 3,500 miles on them. You can see them through my wheels in my signature picture. Any takers? If so PM me

Damn.... that is a smokin deal on the extremes! Good luck man!

Thanks - well at the risk of waiting and not getting the Extremes I pulled the trigger on a set of the sliver w/blue lettering and was told I got the last set. So, after I get them installed I'll have my GT Plus front brakes for sale. Time to hide the MC bill. :spend: My wife is gonna frickin kill me. :rip:

Thanks - well at the risk of waiting and not getting the Extremes I pulled the trigger on a set of the sliver w/blue lettering and was told I got the last set. So, after I get them installed I'll have my GT Plus front brakes for sale. Time to hide the MC bill. :spend: My wife is gonna frickin kill me. :rip:

We may need to share the Dog House. I'll be posting my Brembo's up for sale to help cover the cost. May even list my original SGT wheels and tires since its not likely I'll ever reverse this mod. Cannot wait to see the Extremes on my SGT!

We may need to share the Dog House. I'll be posting my Brembo's up for sale to help cover the cost. May even list my original SGT wheels and tires since its not likely I'll ever reverse this mod. Cannot wait to see the Extremes on my SGT!

Yeah, it wouldn't be so bad but I've already dropped about $5K this spring on other mods (Alcoas and other suspension parts), so won't go over well. I'm praying for us brother. ;)

I bought the Extremes during the last sale they had on them which was a couple hundred dollars higher than this sale. You will not be disappointed! Be careful the first time you step on the brake pedal, it is firm, does not require much travel and will stop the car like it was glued to the ground. Of the upgrades I have made, the Extremes are one of my favorites. I did install the larger rotors on the back as well.

Enjoy them, they will be worth the time in the dog house!

If anyone has stock GT brakes, the Shelby GT Plus brakes are an improvement. I put them on my GT-H and am happy for street applications plus I got a killer deal I could not pass up. The asking price seems reasonable. GLWS

Yeah, it wouldn't be so bad but I've already dropped about $5K this spring on other mods (Alcoas and other suspension parts), so won't go over well. I'm praying for us brother. ;)

better to ask for forgiveness than for permission. LOL thats how I got my supercharger!

Let me know what you want for the brembos when the time comes. I am definitely interested if the price is right. Really wanted a set of the extremes but just don't have the funds available at this time. ]

I've tried the "Better to ask for fogiveness than permission" thing once. I was in the doghouse for a long time, and trust me they never forget, let something else spark an arguement, it's amazing how those things come out again all of a sudden. Lol.

Jeff

I remember when I got my front Extremes, I was on the track a few weeks later, with my wife as a passenger, and she remarked, "Wow, those brakes are awesome, it's a big improvement... I can see why you spent the money on them"... and this was back when ya had to pony up $3K for them. So, maybe bringing the wife out for a ride will help? LOL... Jer

Good thought but she won't really get that it stops better. As long as I figure out a way to pay for my toys and it doesn't affect something she wants to do to the house...etc, it should be fine.

If anyone has stock GT brakes, the Shelby GT Plus brakes are an improvement. I put them on my GT-H and am happy for street applications plus I got a killer deal I could not pass up. The asking price seems reasonable. GLWS

I thought the GT Plus brakes did not fit the standard rims we have on our SGT's? If they do, I may be interested.

Are they better than my stock calipers with Baer Decelarotors with Hawk pads?

I thought the GT Plus brakes did not fit the standard rims we have on our SGT's? If they do, I may be interested.

Are they better than my stock calipers with Baer Decelarotors with Hawk pads?

No, they won't fit the stock SGT wheels.

Alright, thanks. Guess I cannot help you with your potential future problem. :spend:

:offtopic:

I think my problem may have been bigger though. I brought the SGT home last summer and had it sitting in the driveway when "she whom must be obeyed" came home. She didn't even know I was looking! :slapfight: I get reminders all the time too. :rant2: But she does like the car and I love it, so it was worth the pain :yahoo:

Archived