TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Window tint

I love it. It makes the car look that much more menacing. I've tinting mine a bit darker than is legal but I've never been ticketed for it on either car.

What is your opinion on window tint? I am thinking about tinting the windows on my KR.

I've got a mellow tint on mine, don't ask what percent, I can't remember, but not too dark, (The tint Nazis in Kali get a tad wound up),

Do it

If you try to pull the tint off the back window it will most likely pull the defroster grid off with it. They make repair kits and aftermarket grid kits but its usually easier to go to a scrap yard and buy a new used rear window.

It depends on where you have it installed. I've had tinting on two cars and replaced on one because I wanted it a bit darker. If I remember, it cost me $200 to have it installed on my SL and another $100 to have it removed, and then another $200 to have the new tint put on. However, I had no damage to my rear window defroster. Check with the installer and as with everything in life "you get what you pay for". Good luck. By the way my tint is 35%, not limo dark, just enough though.

Went with a 35% charcoal tint. 35% is the legal limit in NC and it definitely adds exterior appeal to the car... not to mention cooler cockpit temps in the summer time.

Colorado allows 27% for the side windows and up to 70% for the back window. A friend of mine recommends Rocky Mountain Window Tint so I am going stop by their shop next week.

ViperNC......I love your wheels and the stance is perfect.

Thanks guys.

ViperNC......I love your wheels and the stance is perfect.

Thanks for the kudos. She's a work in progress... like most Shelby's.

Archived