TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any regrets/problems with glass roof option?

I'm considering trading in the '13 black 'vert for a '14 coupe. Daily driver, shouldn't of ordered black and wish now that I'd gotten the Nav setup. Anybody with the glass roof option regret getting it or have any problems with it?

I got it and absolutely enjoy the increased visibility and light. It keeps the great silhouette of the coupe, yet gives it an open feeling. I got the Sterling Gray, and it blends in so well with the color scheme that the sales manager's heart stopped the first time he saw it on the transporter. He had checked my special order many times, but his first impression was that that build left it out... ;) Nav and SVTPP are definitely worth it too...

Doesn't move, I do not think I would get that then. If it were like the Porsche Targa I think that would be awesome.

It's really nice. You should take a look at one closely. Not opening was fine with me, as I have had several sunroof / moonroofs on cars and never opened them, but obviously lots of folks do. Another nice thing about if (for us tall guys) is that you can look up and see the traffic signals at the intersections!!

Its an option you pay for that has absolutely no performance gains, and questionable asthetics to some. If I'm not mistaken it was around $1900.00 Its an option you do because you dont want or like verts, personally like the look, like being different than the majority of GT500's.

Your probably right, have to see it to fully appreciate it.

I ordered my white blue stripe 14 with the glass roof because i love the look of the black top on the white car and the dark wheels give it a nice contrast. I dont really notice the nice view you get while driving but the family does and they love it. From the outside im glad i got it from a drivers perspective perhaps the vert would have been nicer, as im a die hard vert guy.

I got it and absolutely enjoy the increased visibility and light. It keeps the great silhouette of the coupe, yet gives it an open feeling. I got the Sterling Gray, and it blends in so well with the color scheme that the sales manager's heart stopped the first time he saw it on the transporter.

What stripe color do you have with your Sterling Gray?

It's really nice. You should take a look at one closely. Not opening was fine with me, as I have had several sunroof / moonroofs on cars and never opened them, but obviously lots of folks do. Another nice thing about if (for us tall guys) is that you can look up and see the traffic signals at the intersections!!

That's one of the first things I noticed sitting in it!

Edited by BCPD199

Waited till MY 2011 to order because the glass roof wasn't offered on the GT500 in 2010, best decision I ever made. Only regrets I've seen are from those who didn't order it !! .......( haven't used the shade yet either )

I love mine......I didn't mind paying the $2,000. I know if I was to add one later, it would cost more than that. It also makes the car feel more solid since the glass doesn't flex like a steel roof.

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

Edited by VaporDude

x2

This statement couldn't be any more true

X3

Wasn't going to order it, but wife saw it on the showroom floor and fell in love with it. Color (GB) got her, Recaro seats held her, then the glass roof sealed the deal.