TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT 1561 Now Heads/Cam

Just got my heads ported and Ford Racing cams installed. Took 12 Dyno runs to tune properly but she sounds great. My car only has 6,000 miles so I debated for quite a while whether or not to crack open the engine. Picked up decent power too. Anyone else thinking of doing it?

Power peaks are 351/356 HP/TQ. Stock heads were modified for flow, tougher rockers and springs installed and the Ford Racing cams with a lift and duration similar to the Hot Rod cams. Harristotle: HP peaks at 4500 rpm. Torque comes on sooner, peaks at 3700, and stays up through 6000. At 2000 rpm it makes 300 lb/ft which is pretty good for an NA engine. For comparison my SC Cobra makes 460 lb/ft at 2000 rpm on its way to a peak of 540 lb/ft. So it's all relative. Should also mention I run 105 octane race fuel, no cats, headers, x pipe and Flowmasters.

The idle is quite radical with a big lope and nervous sounding mechanical rumble from underneath. Driveability is good. I was concerned about low rpm bucking, surging, how would the ac work at idle, etc. It all works fine.

So you picked up about 30+ HP on the cams, heads, and headers.

Plus a race tune and basically straight through exhaust. BUT he gained way more than 30 HP, the baseline at the wheels for our cars isn't 319 it's more like 275.

Thanks for the info Flip

Mea Culpa, and you are correct. I was thinking of the 319 and forgot to factor in the loss to the rear wheels. So he picked up closer to 75 HP. That is damn good for those mods.

What is the difference between the Ford Racing Cam and the Hot Rod Cam?

My 2007 Black Shelby GT with 8200 miles was just transformed and has a totally new nasty personality. True Street Motorsports installed American Racing Headers, High Flow Cats and X-pipe, FRPP Hot Rod Cams, and custom tune. Already had FR500S exhaust prior to the install. Folks, let me tell you, these FRPP Hot Rod Cams and ARH LT's along with my KR mufflers are awesome! The idle is lopey ---- I can hear everything as the lopey music plays......Springer, I will have to show this to you if we meet this weekend at the car show.......

93 Octane on this dyno run.......I think I was 278HP prior to the mods.

2007ShelbyGTDyno_zps5de806e2.jpeg

.......... Folks, let me tell you, these FRPP Hot Rod Cams and ARH LT's along with my KR mufflers are awesome! The idle is lopey ---- I can hear everything as the lopey music plays.....

This ^^^^^^

I am running similar set up with the FRPP heads and pulled 356 rwhp 332 torque

Andrew

This ^^^^^^

I am running similar set up with the FRPP heads and pulled 356 rwhp 332 torque

Andrew

Wow, great numbers. I had contemplated adding the FRPP heads at the same time but ended up axing that expense. Do you have ARH LT's?

My car is currently at Tasca and the engine is at MMR. I've already upgraded to the GT/SC and now I'm having fully forged internals with machined block, new heads, custom cams, clutch, TB, etc. installed. I should have my car back in about 3-4 more weeks and will let you know how it turns out...

Archived