TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Decisions Decisions!

I currently own a custom ( a '13 Shelby that I created using all OEM parts because they didn't offer this color combo for 13 ) '13 Shelby with 2,000 miles on it. I will attach a pic. I just got a call from my dealer saying that my '14 deep impact blue / red stripes just got here. My question is: Should I trade my custom baby in ( for a big loss ) or just keep it because there really aren't any changes between MY '13 and '14 and I am fortunate enough to be able to keep both cars if I want? I might have the only '13 Grabber/ Red in the country for all I know? It has Red Cobra emblems and lettering on the rear ( brand new OEM parts from an '07 Shelby that where a perfect fit ) and I also changed out the front non - Recaro seat covers to the correct ones with the red stripes. Didn't bother with the rear seats . Cost me around $2200 to get all that done. The car is loaded to the bone except for Recaro's and the glass roof which means that I have just shy of $70,000 in it. Now my new '14 is loaded ( including Recaro's ) and Red stripes from the factory. I did secure one of the last dozen or so OEM Red Cobra emblem kits from the web and if you want this kit you better hurry and they are sky rocketing in price! The kit includes 3 Red Cobras ( perfect fit ) Red Shelby lettering, for the rear deck lid ( perfect fit and size ) and a faux gas cap that does not fit so I just shelved that plus it wasn't Red anyway. I figure that they ( the dealership ) are going to offer me somewhere in the area of $48,000 to $ 52,000 for my custom trade and I just don't want to take that kind of a hit for a car that is almost identical to my new one! Plus I can really keep the miles off my '14 if I still have my '13 to tool around in. I don't know! Any thoughts from the crowd? Thanks, denohew

post-25955-0-27438500-1367876535_thumb.jpg

post-25955-0-27438500-1367876535_thumb.jpg

I currently own a custom ( a '13 Shelby that I created using all OEM parts because they didn't offer this color combo for 13 ) '13 Shelby with 2,000 miles on it. I will attach a pic. I just got a call from my dealer saying that my '14 deep impact blue / red stripes just got here. My question is: Should I trade my custom baby in ( for a big loss ) or just keep it because there really aren't any changes between MY '13 and '14 and I am fortunate enough to be able to keep both cars if I want? I might have the only '13 Grabber/ Red in the country for all I know? It has Red Cobra emblems and lettering on the rear ( brand new OEM parts from an '07 Shelby that where a perfect fit ) and I also changed out the front non - Recaro seat covers to the correct ones with the red stripes. Didn't bother with the rear seats . Cost me around $2200 to get all that done. The car is loaded to the bone except for Recaro's and the glass roof which means that I have just shy of $70,000 in it. Now my new '14 is loaded ( including Recaro's ) and Red stripes from the factory. I did secure one of the last dozen or so OEM Red Cobra emblem kits from the web and if you want this kit you better hurry and they are sky rocketing in price! The kit includes 3 Red Cobras ( perfect fit ) Red Shelby lettering, for the rear deck lid ( perfect fit and size ) and a faux gas cap that does not fit so I just shelved that plus it wasn't Red anyway. I figure that they ( the dealership ) are going to offer me somewhere in the area of $48,000 to $ 52,000 for my custom trade and I just don't want to take that kind of a hit for a car that is almost identical to my new one! Plus I can really keep the miles off my '14 if I still have my '13 to tool around in. I don't know! Any thoughts from the crowd? Thanks, denohew

You mention finding these kits on the web (I'm assuming eBay), and I found them as well with the reference to Blue Oval Industries. BOI has the same part listed on their own website for $80.00 more, but you say the faux gas cap wasn't red; however the photos I found showed it was and the description said it was. Did you get it from BOI, or someplace else on the web? Thanks!

I believe it was JB or CJ and they are all Ford parts in Ford bags and Ford part numbers. And the faux gas cap is not red and even if it was it won't fit but the rest of the badges are a perfect fit and look identical to the current cobras except they are red. Look at the pic I posted! Also the deck lid red lettering is exactly the same ( and Ford part number also ) as current just red.I believe these came off a red special edition '07 Shelby. denohew

Just went to Blue Oval Industries and a lot of there stuff are reproductions and the badges I got are old stock from Ford. Also the faux gas cap won't fit because of the '07 trunk key hole. denohew

Archived