TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New member ordering 2014 GT500

AUSVT

I've recently decided to sell my 03 sonic blue cobra and purchase a 2014 gt500. Over the past year I've bought a 2012 F150 Raptor, 2013 BoSS 302, and now adding a 2014 GT500. I'm going with white with black stripes, SVT performance package, track pack, electronics package, and recaros. Placing the order the first week of June!! Can't wait.

I've dumped about 10k into my BOSS to serve as my primary track car, as well as another 8k for an enclosed trailer. I love the new gt500s and can't wait. Hope I get it by my birthday in late August!! Ill have to take it to a couple of the road courses as well to see what it can do in sock form..minus a few brake upgrades for the track that is!!

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself!

I've recently decided to sell my 03 sonic blue cobra and purchase a 2014 gt500. Over the past year I've bought a 2012 F150 Raptor, 2013 BoSS 302, and now adding a 2014 GT500. I'm going with white with black stripes, SVT performance package, track pack, electronics package, and recaros. Placing the order the first week of June!! Can't wait.

I've dumped about 10k into my BOSS to serve as my primary track car, as well as bother 8k for an enclosed trailer. I love the new gt500s and can't wait. Hope I get it by my birthday in late August!! Ill have to take it to a couple of the road courses as well to see what it can do in sock form..minus a few brake upgrades for the track that is!!

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself!

Congrats on the new Shelby! That is the same color combo I ordered. Are you sure you can still order one that late? When I ordered my 14 on April 11 they acted a little iffy at the prospect until someone at the dealership called someone at Ford who told them they thought they could still sqeeze one in... I have since confirmed that my order is in the system so feeling good right now and counting the days.

I was told 7 or 8 weeks initially then when I went back to confirm and see the DORA they said it could take 3 months. I suspect the 14 model year will be a short one with likely less production than 13. If you want to step up delivery, there is a car like yours on the showroom floor at the Evansville, Indiana dealer. Town and Country Ford. I saw it looking through the window Sunday before last and definitly an SVTPP with Track Pack but couldn't tell about electronics, etc. I ordered mine without the TP. Only got PP and Recaros. Dealer said I could keep my car cover from the 12. I am 59 and feel like a kid waiting on Christmas. First new car I have "ordered" since 1977.

I have had my 14 for a week now and have a deal on a boss. I really want to track but having a hard time using the Shelby to do so. I just bought a King Ranch with the twin turbos to pull my trailer. Ford is building some great products

I have had my 14 for a week now and have a deal on a boss. I really want to track but having a hard time using the Shelby to do so. I just bought a King Ranch with the twin turbos to pull my trailer. Ford is building some great products

I bought my boss for one reason... open track/road cours racing! I have poured an additional 10K into it including, upgrading the brakes, brake duct cooling, 2 piece rotors, wheels/tires specifically for the track, rollbars, harnesses, etc.. It has been a blast, and will continue to be for a long time. My dad, brother, and I all have BOSS 302's and we take them to various track events! This year we are going to Road Atlanta in June and November, Hastings, NE in september, and Barber MotorSports Park in October! I live in the Southeast and we have a blast! If you have any questions about the BOSS let me know!

I'm purchasing the GT500 (aside from the 662hp and it's just awesome) to cruise around in and show and enjoy. The BOSS is an AWESOME vehicle, but i don't want to have to change the rotors/pads, tires/wheels all the time when i get back from track events to drive around on the street! The new 2013-2014 GT500's are awesome, and i can't wait to get it! However, i have changed my order to silver/black stripes instead of white/black stripes.

You're right about FORD! i've been a Huge fan of Ford Products my entire life (hence all 5 of my vehicles are fords).. They are definitely making some very nice products! I've also owned 2004, 2007, 2008, 2011, and 2012 F250-F350's.. The 6.7L diesel is a SWEET truck! you'll enjoy it as well!

Let me know if you want to talk about track events with your BOSS. Send me a message or email and i'll be glad to answer any questions!

This seems like a pretty cool forum, keep up the good work guys! glad to be a part of it!

• 1 month later...

Ordered my 2014 Cobra March 18, it arrive this Thursday. Did not get stripes, I figured no stripes sets it apart. Ordered everything except the boom box speakers in the trunk. The dealer had not expected delivery until August so it was a pleasant surprise.

Archived