TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Great score this weekend

^^^^^^ This guy is great! Eric, thank you for everything this weekend, you made me a happy man and I appreciate you meeting up with us to deliver the wheels! Congrats and good luck with the wedding this weekend!

Yes, these are the real Shelby wheels.

Congrats! BTW, even the 40 offsets can be marked with Shelby branding... the offset will be printed on the back of one spoke, as "ET40" or "ET24". If you already knew this, disregard! Jer

Ignorant question here------- These are not real Shelby wheels correct?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/chrome-shelby-razor-20x10-0512.html

I'm not sure what is being meant by "real" Shelby wheels, but those in the link are the same other than the offset and slight difference in the pitch of the spokes. AR stopped making the Razors with 24mm offset for some unknown reason a few years ago. The ones which American Muscle sells are 40mm offset. These wheels will not work on big brakes. They will work fine on a Shelby GT and on the rear of a GT500 with stock brakes. However, they will not fit over the GT500 front Brembo's. The more desired wheels are the 24mm offset. They will fit over bigger brakes and they set out a bit further towards the outer edge of the fenders. I personally like the looks of the 24mm on the Mustang, but the 40's work fine also on a GT, just set in a bit more. Unless you're really looking, most would not be able to tell.

I have a set of the 20x9 Gunmetal Razors with the 40 mm offset with fairly new Nitto tires on them from my wife's Mustang. Traded the car but kept the wheels in case anyone is interested. Wheels are in S. Florida. PM me if interested.

GT

Congrats! BTW, even the 40 offsets can be marked with Shelby branding... the offset will be printed on the back of one spoke, as "ET40" or "ET24". If you already knew this, disregard! Jer

These are marked with ET24. Also correct me if I'm wrong but the silver ones were all made when the offsets were 24mm. Now they only come in Chrome, black, and gunmetal with the 40mm offset. I haven't been able to find standard silver Razors unless they have the 24mm offset.

8ab72303-e2cd-4292-bcf7-2eb31c687b91_zps02210f89.jpg

These are silver (not gun metal), and they are 24mm offset???

You sir, have scored a set of the rarest, most desirable (IMO) Razors made.....Well Done!!!

With the 24mm offset they will clear the bigger brakes, should you want to upgrade in the future.

To help me in my search for a set, how did you find them? Please don't tell me they were posted on Team Shelby and I overlooked them.

Z-man

These are silver (not gun metal), and they are 24mm offset???

You sir, have scored a set of the rarest, most desirable (IMO) Razors made.....Well Done!!!

With the 24mm offset they will clear the bigger brakes, should you want to upgrade in the future.

To help me in my search for a set, how did you find them? Please don't tell me they were posted on Team Shelby and I overlooked them.

Z-man

He bought them from me off craigslist. Ive had them posted on svtp and S197forum for months with very little interest. I will try to attach a picture of my in which the wheels were on, I no long have the shelby, which is why i sold the wheels, I knew the wheels were somewhat rare, but didnt know it was as bad as yall speak of

post-40973-0-77649200-1367922902_thumb.jpeg

post-40973-0-96420300-1367922923_thumb.jpeg

post-40973-0-77649200-1367922902_thumb.jpeg

post-40973-0-96420300-1367922923_thumb.jpeg

He bought them from me off craigslist. Ive had them posted on svtp and S197forum for months with very little interest. I will try to attach a picture of my in which the wheels were on, I no long have the shelby, which is why i sold the wheels, I knew the wheels were somewhat rare, but didnt know it was as bad as yall speak of

Did you have them posted in the GT500 or the Shelby GT section of SVTP?

These are the Silver ones. I haven't thrown out the idea of having the spokes powdercoated black to look like the 40mm offsets but I'm leaning on keeping them silver. For months I was using
to do a nationwide search on Craigslist. There were a bunch of 18" razors that came up but at last my patience paid off and I found Eric's posting. Convinced Eric I wasn't trying to scam him and eventually made an 18 hour journey to take ownership. I have a set of Brembo brakes that I bought off a member on here a few months ago and have been sitting in a box for a few months. Shhh Eric, wife doesn't know I dropped some change on the brake kit! That's why I said it's my next project when you asked and she was right there!!!
;)

The more common 24mm were black. That is what I have and what Shelby used to sell a few years back. The Black 24mm's are the ones that you see on all the advertising pics of the GT-H Vert. That is where it gets so confusing. You used to be able to get the 24mm's in Black, Chrome, Gunmetal, and Silver. Then they started only making them in 40's which don't fit most Shelby's. Crazyness! I'm glad you scored a set! I also did the GT500 Brembo upgrade from another member a few years ago. Really helps the appearance in the front through the big spaces of the Razors. Perfect set up! I'd like to change the rears also to a bigger brake just for the looks of it, as it's really not needed at all for braking, but I like to run my 15" drag radials, so I'll stay stock in the back.

Just the GT500 section under wheels

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=908958

Well, it certainly is a small world....

I looked at those rims on SVTP a couple months ago. I'm SVT SNKE on the "other" site (Z-man was already taken by someone on that site....what are the odds of that?). I even sent you a couple e-mails about them. At that point the activity on them was fairly hot, as Boston Mike was interested in them too. To be honest, you did say they were silver, but from the photos they looked gun-metal to me, and I thought you were just using "silver" in a generic sense....guess I should have asked more specifically what the finish was. In any case, I decided to keep looking to see if I could find any other Razors at a better price (possibly in chrome), as I had just lost another set to someone else that were at a very nice price (still a little bitter about how that deal went down).

As I kept looking, I checked back on your SVTP post weekly to see if the rims had sold. I watched you "bump" your post multiple times. Meanwhile, I was having no luck finding another set. About a week and a half ago, I decided that since your set was still available, I would contact you again and see if you would consider lowering the price (BTW, the price you ended up selling them for was a great deal). The end of that week got busy at work, and we were also preparing for a vacation the following week. Because of all the hub-bub I didn't get a chance to contact you. During our vacation I tried not to send or pick up any e-mails and just enjoy some "family time" without any other distractions.

When we got back from our trip on last Saturday night, I checked SVTP and noticed you had a sale pending. CRAP!!! I kept checking to see if the pending deal was going to go through. Then a couple days later I saw the post on Team Shelby about someone "scoring" a set of silver Razors. Could they be the same set I was interested in???? Yup!!!!

For as long as you had them for sale, and as patient as you were about finding a buyer, I can't believe how it all ended up. I'm just glad they went to another Team Shelby member who appreciates them and will enjoy them. Anyone willing to drive as far as he did to pick them up, definitely deserves them.

For what it's worth, I would not paint them black. The silver rims are hard to find, and painting them would mean one less set of them existed. If you eventually do find a set of black ones with the 24mm offset, I know someone who would be interested in your "used" set of silver ones (assuming I don't find another set first, or they are re-released like the Alcoa's were). The hunt continues.

Z-man

Archived