TEAM SHELBY FORUM

RWHP? Mods? Miles? Type of driver?

Ok, i see alot of dyno videos of a "stock: metal block going into the high 700rwhp or over.

I see the 2013 going even higher than that..

The same with the 11-12 as well, theyre high into the rwhp range.

My question is the topic title;

What Mods have you done to your car, what did the dyno calculate it as, how many miles are on the car since youve done this? how often do you drive it and what type of driver are you? what did you hear was a safe rwhp max? example;

Im stationed over seas, i get to see my car once or twice a year. im going to be buying a 2.8lc kenne bell soon and remote dyno tuning it to hopefully 725 rwhp with a conservative tune. mod list is below... when i drive the car im usually moderate on it unless i get the urge to open the throttle full. id like to think im an average gt500 driver in the sense of aggressiveness. i van told me when i asked him, 750rwhp is safe. anymore over that and youll need to touch the lower engine.

please let me know your opinions and mods to open up new conversations of interest i may have regarding your vehicles set up

I'm at a lower WHP level than this (556) so I can't speak from experience but from what the experts have told me and from reading this site since these cars came out I agree with Van's assessment. Quality of fuel and tune is the key to longevity and performance. Evolution ran 8's with the stock bottom end. Nelson said the fuel kept the engine alive. And I believe also it had to do with Lund's tuning expertise as well.

I just got my 2009 tuned last month after adding a 2.6 pulley and Heat exchanger. Already had a Steeda CAI, custom Ford Racing exhaust with x-pipe. I live in Santa Fe, NM which is 7000ft and I'm pulling 560 RWHP and 543 Max Torque on 91 octane. I'm sure at sea level it would be closer to 600 RWHP. Just need to add headers and should be good to go till I can afford a new supercharger.

I just got my 2009 tuned last month after adding a 2.6 pulley and Heat exchanger. Already had a Steeda CAI, custom Ford Racing exhaust with x-pipe. I live in Santa Fe, NM which is 7000ft and I'm pulling 560 RWHP and 543 Max Torque on 91 octane. I'm sure at sea level it would be closer to 600 RWHP. Just need to add headers and should be good to go till I can afford a new supercharger.

Wow, 560 rwhp? What kinda dunno did you use a mustang or the happy 1? Headers are said to add 25 rwhp, if this is the case I'm at roughly 580rwhp. Finish the citation though, how many miles... How do you drive it , etc. good car set up

I'm just over 17,000 miles I it bought around last Christmas with only 13,600 on it. As far as driving, it drives great you can baby it around town, but when you need it the power is there in spades. Also my in town MPG has actually has gone up 2 MPG around town if I stay out of it. Not sure about HWY MPG as of yet since I have not had the time or opportunity for a road trip to test it. I did hit 160 in fifth gear testing to see what it would do. As far as the Dino I think it was around 6000 in third gear.

• 3 weeks later...

08 GT500, about 40,000 miles, normal driving. Mods and performance as follows;

Performance

680.14 RWHP CF:SAE on a Dynojet.

654.10 RWTQ

On 93 Octane Gas, with an A/F of 12 on 17.78 PSI of boost

Engine, Exhaust, Induction, Cooling

VMP 2.5 Inch Pullied 2.3L TVS Supercharger Ported by MRL

VMP Big Elbow Ported by MRL

VMP 90 mm Idler Pulley

Custom 93 Octane Dyno Tune

Bosch 72 lb Fuel Injectors