TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CS1 Wheels / Tires Question

gbw122974

I'm still new to the Shelby world. I'm thinking about purchasing a set of CS1 Wheels for my 2011 performance white with red stripes Shelby GT500 convertible with SVTPP-Brembo brakes.

20X11 for the rear and 20X9 for the front. I'm either going to go with Gunmetal or Matte Black, sort of leaning more toward the gunmetal.

My first question is, with these CS1 wheels, what tire size would be best for the rears and for the fronts so I don't have to worry with clearance or rubbing? The Shelby GT500 is all factory, never been lowered and I do not plan on lowering it.

Considering at this time that 19x9.5 are on the front at this time and 20x9.5 on the rear, going up to a wider wheel in the rear and a larger diameter for the front, my next question is, will this mess up the speedometer and would I need to have the Shelby programmed for larger / wider wheels?

As far as tires, I plan on putting on Michelin Super Sport tires, if they are available for the fronts and rears. These Goodyear tires really suck in my opinion. My next option would be Nitto but would rather go with Michelin.

Any and all comments are welcome. Thanks in advance for your time!

George

post-39972-0-48942200-1367547254_thumb.jpg

post-39972-0-09377000-1367547265_thumb.jpg

post-39972-0-48942200-1367547254_thumb.jpg

post-39972-0-09377000-1367547265_thumb.jpg

295/35/20's would most likely be your best bet in the rear. 305's may fit but I'm not 100% on that. The 295's wont affect your speedo readings too badly. In the front, you could probably go with 255/35 or 275/35, or maybe even 255/40. Best bet would probably be 275/35's...Remember to post pics when the wheels/tires are mounted!!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry that I'm just now getting back to you, I've been out of pocket the last few weeks. I purchased the CS1 wheels and I actually waited on purchasing tires until today, May 29, 2013. I went ahead and purchased Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires from Tire Rack. I was trying to decide between Nitto, Michelin, and a few other brands. After talking with Shelby American Inc and Carroll Shelby Wheels, a few times over the last few weeks, reading reviews etc, I decided to go with the Michelin Super Sport. For the front wheels the CS1 20x9 will have 275/35ZR20 tires and the rear wheels the CS1 20X11 will have 295/35ZR20. Tires are suppose to be here sometime on Friday, so I will take these to the tire shop either over the weekend or on Monday. I will post some photos once I have them mounted. It'll be interesting to see how these wheels and tires hold up vs the SVT wheels and Goodyear tires that came on it from the factory. I really wasn't concerned about the price of any of the tires, my main concern was more or less any rubbing issues that may happen by going to a 20 inch wheel and tire.

Here are some photos of the CS1 wheels that came in. My Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires will be in sometime tomorrow, June 3, 2013. I'll take them to the tire shop and have them installed and upload more photos. Currently the photo I have in my signature is the SVT.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/827/photo1is.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/photo2drg.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/photo3fem.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/photo4aie.jpg/

Thanks for the reminder judgeman, I have used this tire shop my entire life, they have never ruined any wheels or tires for that matter. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight because of being so excited about new wheels and tires. I've noticed many folks talking about the horror stories from tire shops. I'll be sure to post photos, before and after photos if possible.