TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby GT owner

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about buying a 2007 black Shelby GT. I will be driving the car daily in California with all of our crappy roads. I used to own a 2008 Bullitt mustang, great car. I know the ride is stiffer than the Bullitt, is the Shelby's ride quality ok for the street? Dumb question, but I would like to know everyone's opinion.

Go for it, you won't be sorry. I drove my SGT as a daily driver for almost a year but it was only a 30 mile round trip. The drive started my day off in a great mood (kind of hard to drink coffee in the SGT because of the rough ride) and the drive home took away all the stress. Oh yes, watch out for all the "thumbs up" you'll get.

The grin factor overrides the stiff ride. Welcome to the club.

That's a perfect way to sum up a daily drive in an SGT. It'll be something you'll take a couple days to get used to but after that you won't even notice, unless you hit a pothole that is Michigan sized. Ouch! :rant2:

my wifes 07 black SGT is her daily driver goes to walmart grocery store and anyplace she wants to go .i drive it to work about once a week ! on the LA freeways also. its a blast to drive and it gets alot of thums up

JIM

Have 40K on my SGT and love driving it every day. I did find the ride a bit stiff and clearance low for many public roads. Swapped out the springs for Steeda Sports, and the shocks/struts for Koni Yellows (which are adjustable). Now I can have a softer ride during the week and firm things up on the weekends or for a track event. Ride height is only slightly higher than the stock SGT and doesn't really change the look of the car. Now I don't scrape the front spoiler. The car handles great and is a real blast to drive. My signature says it all.

I used to drive my 2008 Bullitt Mustang on a daily basis and loved that car. Unfortunately the daughter needed a car so I sold it but I still have my 2007 GT500 for fun and bought a 2007 SGT to turn into a dedicated race car .They are fun to drive on the street but watch out for the track bug ! The SGT makes for a better track car than a 500 IMO . Welcome to Team Shelby and hope that you get your SGT !

Thanks everyone for your responses. Can't wait to get the SGT, probably will get it next week :happy feet: I'll post some pic's when I get it. I test drove the SGT last week, and boy it was a fun car. Awesome sound, looks great, nice Hurst shifter, handles great, and I found the throttle response sharper than the Bullitt. The car also has soul :wub2: , and seems like a car I would keep a long time. Thanks again guys for your help. Paul

Daily-drove mine for the first few years in NY (except in snow).

Now I drive it ALL the time, since we don't get snow here, and it is a VERY livable car. I love it.

Jer

Love my Shelby GT, go for it. I do not daily drive it, but with the weather we have been having in the North-East I have been lately.

I have owned this car longer than any other and I still do double takes in Parking lots and love just as, if not more, than the day I picked it up.

how many of you still look back over your shoulder when you walk away form it?

Do you still get that feeling? I still get that "God i want that car" feeling. then i get that thrill.. " it IS mine! "

5 years and 50K miles later she still looks smells and acts brand new.

i kinda think the day i stop doing/feeling that would be the time to sell it.

Buy the SGT. its a Gem.

normal_20120701_190040.jpg

Archived