TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Annual San Francisco “Bay to Breakers” Run / Saturday May 18th, 2013

SVT NAJA

Cruise weather has finally arrived in the S.F. Bay Area and it’s time to get our vehicles out on the road and stretch their legs. Post up if you're interested in a local gathering of “Powered by Ford” enthusiasts. Our planned run is a 50 mile route from Saratoga to Half Moon Bay following Hwy 9 to Hwy 35 to Hwy 84 (stopping at Alice's for a short pit stop) down to Hwy 1 and north to the popular Half Moon Bay Brewing Company http://www.hmbbrewingco.com/ at the harbor for lunch. This route has a great variety of curves, twisties, straightaways and elevation changes for spirited driving. Join us for one of the first cruises of the new season. See you then. Thanks!

Jim

Here is where we'll be meeting in Saratoga. Let's plan on arriving around 9:30am and we'll head out at 10:00am.

14400 Big Basin Way, Saratoga, CA 95070 (behind the 76 Gas Station). There's a Starbucks across the street!

Here are the Google satellite and street view images of this location:

http://maps.google.c...8,0.002401&z=19

http://maps.google.c...=12,304.85,,0,0

(Note: You can zoom and pan left / right using the controls in the upper left)

Here is a Google map of the route we'll be taking (for an interesting view, click the 3D button mid-page on the left):

http://maps.google.c...&sz=16&t=m&z=11

List of members attending the cruise:

1. SVT NAJA
  2. Albino500
  3. Oliverc (Boss 302 Forum)
  4. f2redpot
  5. BOTIEB8 (Boss 302 Forum)
  6. jmv (Boss 302 Forum)
  7. Lars (Boss 302 Forum)
  8. lfino
  9. HAZE
  10. badwolf (Boss 302 Forum)

Thanks for putting this together Jim. I'll be there.

Jason,

Thanks for the PM the other day. Several members had contacted me about doing this run again this year. Glad to hear you can join us. I look forward to seeing your latest tail-lamp mod!

Jim

Jim, going to miss this one. Leaving for Vegas that day. :wub: The wife and I ( 30 years) wedding anniversary.You have a great run.....Thanks Larry..... :rockon:

Larry,

Wow! 30 Years! Congrats!!!

You two have a great time in Vegas and we'll see you on the next one (and certainly at Snakes at the Lake on June 22nd).

Jim

Count me in. Got a new GoPro and looking for any excuse to try it out.

Austin,

Great to have you onboard and looking forward to a GoPro YouTube production fit for an IMAX showing! See you in Saratoga on the 18th.

Jim

Dang… We have a banquet in Petaluma that I’ve already committed to. I don’t think I can make it back in time from Half Moon Bay. We will catch the next one. See you at the Snakes on the Lake!

Renee and Mike

Mike,

We'll probably be leaving the HMBBC no later than 2pm. With the new Devil's Slide tunnels open on Hwy 1, the ride back to the North Bay through the Sunset and across the Golden Gate bridge would be about a 90 minute trip to Petaluma. Either way, we'll see you and Renee in Old Town Sac on June 22nd.

Jim

Hey Jim,

Looks like I can't make it after all. The boss says we're going to my nephews graduation party that same day. Guess that means I'll see you guys in Sac for SATL.

Jason,

Best that you follow the Boss' orders, lest the mod budget could shrink... We'll see you in Old Town Sac on June 22nd!

Jim

Have fun on the run guys. I'm flying to San Diego for a surprise 50th Birthday party for my brother that day. See you at S.A.T.L.

Andy,

Have a great time in SD and wish your brother the best 50th for us. Maybe someday, he can join you on one of our runs...

Jim

Is it OK to bring a GT500 to this ? or should f2redpot and I bring our Mustangs so that the Boss guys can keep up :hysterical2:

Actually, it would appear maybe the Shelby team is a bit intimidated by the Boss turnout...

But, bring it on! It's all good...

Kevin,

The weather forecast for this Saturday's Saratoga to HMB run is still holding solid. However, I see the Big Guy has provided a 5 degree handicap for those supercharged Shelby's so they can run with the Boss 302's...

Screenshot2013-05-15at102210PM_zps50bc7bd8.png

Looks like my Hubby and I will be attending Not sure if we will bring one car or two.

Lori & Dan

2013 GT500 Red Candy (bringing this one)

2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Boss 302 (may have to bring this one)

Archived