TEAM SHELBY FORUM

oil filter changing

bruces

I have owned my GLHS from new and every year the oil filter is a pain to remove always have to move it around and force it out the bottm no room to work in between the radiator etc, Has anyone found a good way to remove and now I have used my last Mopar oil filter what are you all using. I am still using Mobil 15w 5o any ideas would be good.

Yes bought them when I bought car tried a k&n and could not get the filter in the area where it is located have always had issue changing filter only can get out by pushing it out the bottom and getting oil all over, Bruce

I have had my GLHS since it was new. (bought it in July of 1987) It now has 89,000 miles on it, so I have changed the oil filter many times. Are you removing the drive belt sheild when you do the oil and filter change? It helps to give you a little more working room. But the real problem is the OEM Chrysler alternator. The case is very large and really restricts the space you need to get the oil filter out and past the alternator. The only solution to that is changing to a 90 amp Nippondenso alternator. The case is much smaller and gives more room.

Another easy solution is to use an AC Delco PF952 oil filter. They are slighter smaller than the Mopar 4419970 and clear the alternator easier.

The WIX filter is number 51335 (also available as NAPA 1335), or Motorcraft FL-313, or Purolator L1O101. However only the AC PF952 is smaller.

• 1 year later...

Archived