TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why so many Boss 302s for sale

grapepa

By the way. Your 13' GT350 is one nice looking car. Merry Christmas !

Thanks on the 13 GT350 Conv. only seen this post today. I have put it up For Sale though because all along I really wanted the 11 GT350 and finally just acquired one

My 13 GT350 Conv. is 1 of 1 not another built in this color

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking the other day online and noticed quite a bit of the current Boss 302's For Sale and can't understand why as these may be the best Mustang ever built. FORD said the 2016 GT350 will beat the Boss 302 on the track but until I actually see it I don't believe it to be true. I saw yesterday near my neighborhood a 2012 Boss 302 I think because of the wheels and it looked great White w/ Black

Imagine what these Boss 302's could do with a supercharger...hmm

I saw someone traded a red Boss 302 in to a local Chevy dealership (maybe he traded it in for a Spark :hysterical: ). It was there on a Monday at noon. By Tuesday morning I didn't see it anywhere anymore, and until today 8 days after I saw that it has not appeared. That doesn't mean it was sold, but it doesn't mean it didn't sell within hours.

If I had spare cash, I would have a Boss 302...looking and may find it one day....

as soon as the new GT350 goes on sale I would expect the Boss 302's and GT500's will take a dip downwards and you never know you may find someone selling that needs the money and at a price too good to pass up... I'm laughing because I just did this and suppose to be moving in July and not looking to buy anything to move but one on my list was at a great price and couldn't pass it up

I remember seeing an interview saying a 2015 PP mustang gt would beat a boss on track. They are good but not that good on track. They started going up for sale with the 5.8 GT500 and I'm guessing more will be going up and now the 5.8's will be too...

I'm sure everyone has an opinion. I think it was the color combo and the funky color inserts in the Boss 302 Wheels the LS Model was even worse. I just didn't see it as something I would own.

GG

I second that the Laguna Seca versions were just plain fugly lets be honest! The colors and the same color wheel insert was poor import style at best you'd think pimp my ride got a hold of it. I'm sure they are fast at hell and better be because when you stop man you can't fix ugly

as soon as the new GT350 goes on sale I would expect the Boss 302's and GT500's will take a dip downwards and you never know you may find someone selling that needs the money and at a price too good to pass up... I'm laughing because I just did this and suppose to be moving in July and not looking to buy anything to move but one on my list was at a great price and couldn't pass it up

Agreed, I see people trying to get MSRP for the LS now, after the GT-350 is available who would give them even close to that? I love the Boss, but it doesn't compare at all to the New GT-350.

I second that the Laguna Seca versions were just plain fugly lets be honest! The colors and the same color wheel insert was poor import style at best you'd think pimp my ride got a hold of it. I'm sure they are fast at hell and better be because when you stop man you can't fix ugly

That was only the 12 models. The 13's were not clown car looking.

By the way, I just sold my 13LS for 50K to make way for my GT350. People are selling their bosses now while the prices are up. They will fall when the GT 350's hit the dealers.

By the way, I just sold my 13LS for 50K to make way for my GT350. People are selling their bosses now while the prices are up. They will fall when the GT 350's hit the dealers.

That was very smart!!! Sell now is right IMO.

The GT350 is going to be far superior in every way.

That was very smart!!! Sell now is right IMO.

The GT350 is going to be far superior in every way.

Far superior? I don't know about that I mean slap a Whipple on the Boss and most anything won't touch it

Just like the little GT350's that SAI built would beat the GT500's on the track with less HP. Its all about set up and doesn't matter if you have 800hp because if you can't keep it gripped to the ground you will see a lot of taillights

I hope the Bosses drop then I will snatch one up

• 4 weeks later...

Not EVERY way............... Not in the looks dept. not for me. :cool:

Amen, brother.

I completely agree. The GT350 is beautiful in it's own way but it definitely has that underlying Euronese, concept edginess look to it. Snatch up a 302 when you can guys, it's truly amazing.

• 3 months later...

I like the new GT350. What's not to like. However, expect $5000.00 to $15,000 ADMs for the first year or so especially for the R.

Nevertheless, I like going a different direction than the crowd sometimes. While the new GT350 is a step above the Boss 302 in performance, chassis and technology as I would expect it to be just as I expect the 2018 GT350 to have more improvements than the 2015/2016 and be a step ahead much of the initial Delta is due to tires. The GT350 tires are huge. 305s. The R's 305's and 315's. The Boss was under tired to begin with which was a large reason why stock for stock the Z28 was faster. Put bigger meats on the Boss and better springs, Koni struts and better brake pads and your right their with a Z28. I know because I did it. My 2012 CO Boss ran all day with 2007 to 2010 GT3s (not Cups but regular GT3's) 1LE's and Z28s, even C6 Z06s and C7 Z51 packages. With my son driving the Boss many of those cars were giving "point bys".

Its 80% driver. There is no doubt that a Boss driven at or near its potential will walk away from a GT350R with a mediocre driver stock for stock.

The Boss is a special car. If you do any reading on the Boss development program (747) you quickly realize it is a special car and the best of the S197 generation. It was way more than a sticker/decal package. It had its own development program and manufacturing lines and process.

The Boss engine is no longer produced. You may still be able to get one in a crate though. It was a much different engine than the 5.0. even beyond the intake plenum. It went deeper, much deeper. Different cam, different valves. The values were hollowed with exhaust being sodium filled. Heads had 2 hours of CNC machining to increase size and flow. Valve train was given higher tension valve springs, retuned chain tensioners, elimination of piston squirters to eliminate windage. Forged pistons with Nitride steel pins. Copper-lead main and rod bearings to provide high load capability, seizure resistance and race durability. Forged rods. 3 layer head gaskets. Rebalanced crank. Improved redesigned oil pan baffles. Boss engines had oil coolers fitted.

The Boss chassis was improved with fully adjustable struts, performance spring rates, sway bars, bigger Brembo brakes, cooling for the brakes, quad exhaust etc..

The Boss even had input and final blessings before going for approval from Parnelli Jones. Doesn't get more historic than that. Certainly provides provenance to the Boss. The Boss 302 is one of the most iconic pure Ford names in history not so much the GT 350 which is more associated with Shelby.

I like the fact the '12-'13 Boss follows and parallels history of being a Ford performance Mustang then and now winning championships then and now. It is a Ford product through and through then and now. Not so with the new GT350 which does not parallel history. Back in '65 and '66 it was a Shelby and developed and finished at Shelby American. Today, the new GT350 has 0 development input from SAI and never sees SAI. It is a Ford Motor Company developed and built car with a Shelby tag on it used through license and payment for the rights to use it. Doesn't mean the GT350 isn't going to be an awesome car but the parallel to history is not there. Some may not care. I do care to an extent.

The Boss was only a 2 year build. There done and moving on. Only 7500 Boss exist and out of those only 1500 Leguna Secas with only 750 '12s being produced and like number for '13. . That's less than the number of KR's or Super Snakes.

B17drver: I hear you on that. However, looks are clearly subjective. I just picked up a near new Boss LS in Ingot Silver and red. Clearly a polarizing combo I agree. :lol: I happen to love it and have gotten a lot of compliments on the car gratuitously. Just the other night a guy came up to me when we were eating outside at a restaurant and he saw us drive in and said "Nice car man". Some people love it and are drawn to it. Some say it's too flashy. My daughter for instance agrees with you and so does my wife who instantly named it "Clowny" when it rolled off the transporter into daylight. :doh:

But the way I see it, it is a rare and special car. Only 1500 Leguna Secas were built. Of the 1500 only 133 in Ingot Silver and Red. My also happens to be one of the first 50 produced so the Vin# matches the LS#. It's LS 046. Has only 1100 miles on the clock and came with the owners kit and everything. Paid $46K for it. Figured can't beat that.

Boss 302 seem to be holding 80% to 90% of their values now. Yes, I agree, once the GT350 comes out I wouldn't be surprised with a dip in values as many rush to get the latest and greatest. But as GT350 suffer from ADMs and once GT350 start showing up on the used market I wouldn't be surprised if prime example Boss 302 start bringing more money again.

I think they will be sought after cars in the future and rise in value. Especially the Legunas and especially the Silver LS which number only 133 on the planet red wheels and all. The rarest Leguna Seca of them all. In in the meantime I Iike being different than the crowd :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

Well, I waited for the Boss's to come down as well.. When the '12 came out, I was in love with the silver LS car. But NO way was I paying those ridiculous ADM's! The headlamps on the 2012's look old school to me too, with the big round lamp, as opposed to the high intensity pencil beams on the '13's. Plus I'm not keen on the all black rear end/tail lamps. The color choices in '13 were a tad better, but with the reverse 'C' stripe on the 2012, it is a great twin for my Saleen Gurney Eagle. :love_shower:

I figure $31K for one of these very special cars is a great deal, considering the MSRP was $43,500. And with only 4600 clicks on the odo......Recaros, and a Trac Key, AND a somewhat rare and cool color combo....I couldn't go wrong!

Can't wait for it to get here! :yahoo::shift:

36698853856_dd49c03257_z_d.jpg

36576126842_643e3eb795_z_d.jpg

I agree that the Boss 302 is a car to keep an eye on! Just the name alone conjures up good memories. I personally like the stripe package on the 2013 model ( reminds me of my favorite 1970 model ). Had I been one of the big lottery winners this past week, you better believe one of these would have been in my garage!! :lol:post-44466-0-06031800-1503634857_thumb.jpgpost-44466-0-24787800-1503634881_thumb.jpgpost-44466-0-93368300-1503634903_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the new BOSS. Looks great. Once I sell the 500 I have my eye on an old Mach I owned 35 years ago but a 13 BOSS is definitely next in line. That's the main reason I advertised the 500 with the black Forgestars as optional as I'll have a home for them on a BOSS someday. I have a little BOSS DNA in my blood going back to 71 when I got my first.

scjbossshelby001_zpsc8449c70.jpg

Congrats on the new BOSS. Looks great. Once I sell the 500 I have my eye on an old Mach I owned 35 years ago but a 13 BOSS is definitely next in line. That's the main reason I advertised the 500 with the black Forgestars as optional as I'll have a home for them on a BOSS someday. I have a little BOSS DNA in my blood going back to 71 when I got my first.

scjbossshelby001_zpsc8449c70.jpg

Yellow 1970 Boss 302.........DROOOOOLLLL........ :)

Well, I waited for the Boss's to come down as well.. When the '12 came out, I was in love with the silver LS car. But NO way was I paying those ridiculous ADM's! The headlamps on the 2012's look old school to me too, with the big round lamp, as opposed to the high intensity pencil beams on the '13's. Plus I'm not keen on the all black rear end/tail lamps. The color choices in '13 were a tad better, but with the reverse 'C' stripe on the 2012, it is a great twin for my Saleen Gurney Eagle. :love_shower:

I figure $31K for one of these very special cars is a great deal, considering the MSRP was $43,500. And with only 4600 clicks on the odo......Recaros, and a Trac Key, AND a somewhat rare and cool color combo....I couldn't go wrong!

Can't wait for it to get here! :yahoo::shift:

36698853856_dd49c03257_z_d.jpg

36576126842_643e3eb795_z_d.jpg

Oh man, I just spittled all over my iPad. That right there would have me kneeling and begging for mercy. I'm going out back to throw rocks at my GT350 (just kidding, of course). What a beautiful specimen. Best of luck with it and all its inherent hotness. :-)

Archived