TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why so many Boss 302s for sale

grapepa

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have looked at a few 2012-2013 used Boss cars for sale.Why do people only keep them for such a short time?

Terry

07H350

Possible reasons:

1. Looking to make a quick buck.

2. Couldn't afford it to begin with.

3. Realized it wasn't the car they really wanted (impulse buying).

4. Wealthy person who just wants the next new thing.

5. ???

I agree with some of Ilmors comments-

For a Daily Driver I am not sure it is the best ride. I personally think it is the best Mustang made for the money the past few years.

They had a hard time selling them, if the Dealers were not so greedy I think it would have been a much more successful Car, it sucks because Ford may hesitate to bring more cars out like the Boss because of all the Dealers looking for ADM's.

2012's and 2013's are pretty close in price right now, which is surprising. I agree the dealers want too much money and ADM's. I just liked the color for the 2012 and it wasnt available for a 2013. I paid $37,500 with 10,000 miles on it, havent seen any lower with that mileage anywhere else so far

If you dont take the Boss to the track then I don't see a point in owning one. I bet a lot of the owners that are selling haven't taken thier Boss to the track and if they are using the car as a daily driver it would not be the most comfortable.

• 1 year later...

This is my first day owning a 2012 and it's more than I expected having owned a 13 gt,all the Mopar see the 302 and back off ,this car rocks in in rural area in ar and it fits the road like it was built for it I plan on driving it here cause I like the ride,nowhere has roads like this

Yes, Jim, definitely a record!!

My 13 Boss LS is one of my favorites in my in my stable, but then again, I could care less about offers for vehicles I don't want to sell. Call me ridiculous, but I have been offered over $100K for my Boss multiple times (quite a few upgrades for those that didn't follow the build thread), but I do not care. I love the car. The new GT 350 will probably be amazing, and I hope it lives up to what the SVT engineers claim after going to the reveal in Gardena, will I buy one, probably, will I sell my Boss, probably not. I know, I tend to be a car hoarder, but them again, I like to keep my favorites....probably why I seem to end up having 25+ cars at a time, many of which I have owned for 25+ years....

Boss 302's are INCREDIBLE cars, even stock, for 12-13, I have driven the '15 Mustangs in all configurations, and still don't feel the '15 has met or exceeded the Boss...time will tell on the GT 350 when we get to actually drive them....the IRS was so terrible with wheel hop on the 99-04 Cobras, I'd end up replacing the IRS with 94-98 Cobra live axle's to get control back and a 335 rear tires with out taking out my teeth...Jamal and Dave claim to have listened, so again, time will tell...

Alex

The owner of the local Ford dealer stops by our Cars and Coffee and I asked him this same question (actually high perf cars in general) and his response was quite simple----people have to have the newest baddest car being offered. Once they get it they enjoy it for a year or so then move on. He said he has sold the same GT500 3 times. People buy it, drive it, trade it back in and move on. Makes sense.....

I agree with a lot of what was said here. Personally I hope the market stays flooded with them. I'd love to have one, but right now just isn't the right time. I've never driven one, but I love the looks and they seem like a great package.

Yes, Jim, definitely a record!!

My 13 Boss LS is one of my favorites in my in my stable, but then again, I could care less about offers for vehicles I don't want to sell. Call me ridiculous, but I have been offered over $100K for my Boss multiple times (quite a few upgrades for those that didn't follow the build thread), but I do not care. I love the car. The new GT 350 will probably be amazing, and I hope it lives up to what the SVT engineers claim after going to the reveal in Gardena, will I buy one, probably, will I sell my Boss, probably not. I know, I tend to be a car hoarder, but them again, I like to keep my favorites....probably why I seem to end up having 25+ cars at a time, many of which I have owned for 25+ years....

Boss 302's are INCREDIBLE cars, even stock, for 12-13, I have driven the '15 Mustangs in all configurations, and still don't feel the '15 has met or exceeded the Boss...time will tell on the GT 350 when we get to actually drive them....the IRS was so terrible with wheel hop on the 99-04 Cobras, I'd end up replacing the IRS with 94-98 Cobra live axle's to get control back and a 335 rear tires with out taking out my teeth...Jamal and Dave claim to have listened, so again, time will tell...

Alex

Alex,

I couldn't agree more... Well, at least until the GT350 arrives. :lol:

302LS_zps2518b57b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting enough, my mortgage holder called and offered me a better rate on my BOSS's car loan, they ran my VIN through the NADA used car guide and came up with a value of $40,600 for my 2013. I paid $40,025. This is the first car ever that is increased in value I've owned. It isn't influencing me to keep the car, the car does that well enough, it is a bonus though that pristine BOSS cars are worth near retail value. These cars may actually go up in value in ten years!

This is my first day owning a 2012 and it's more than I expected having owned a 13 gt,all the Mopar see the 302 and back off ,this car rocks in in rural area in ar and it fits the road like it was built for it I plan on driving it here cause I like the ride,nowhere has roads like this

I'll argue on that, you haven't driven our twisties here in Western VA, the Shenandoah Valley has some AMAZING mountain roads, and I live in the heart of it!

I lied. I want a new shelby. Just dont have a nest for it. Boss lives outside and is sad.

as far as outside goes, good for you that means you are using it and is what its meant for as too many Shelby owners pamper their cars

Archived