TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Delayed Release Date for GT500?

DVS2XS

I got a call a couple of hours ago from a long time friend at the dealership I ordered through. He said that they had received some info this morning saying that the GT500 would not be released until January 2007.

So far, my friend has been very good about sharing the info they have received at the dealership.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I got a call a couple of hours ago from a long time friend at the dealership I ordered through. He said that they had received some info this morning saying that the GT500 would not be released until January 2007.

So far, my friend has been very good about sharing the info they have received at the dealership.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Nooooooooo! I can't handle this! :cry: Please say it isn't true!

:banghead:

We, the buyers, should be compensated for all this waiting. Geez, no pricing, no official ext. colors shown, possible issues now. What next?? Ford, lower the msrp to help us (good only for Canadians, unfortunate for u.s. though), or mailout rebate/incentive.........something!!!!

This would definitely be a disappointment, but I'd rather get mine in February than November. That way I wouldn't have to spend the entire winter out in the garage dreaming about driving it when the weather breaks.

And now for a brief 'soapbox' moment...

If or when we can get an actual insider (like a Ford guy that is close to the project , or someone 'in the know') to say it, it is likely just speculation and a probably a rumor. At this point facts speak on their own merit and side comments, like " I heard it from this guy" do not add up to documented facts and usually just start alot of talk that is negative. 'Nuff said about that.

Anyways, I am pretty sure that most folks that visit this site believe that this is one of the best places for getting the most current and accurate info available at any given time with regards to the GT500. However, I do acknowledge that this thread is labeled 'The Rumor Mill'

With that , lets start some POSITIVE RUMORS like:

1. All dealers will be admonished by Ford for 'ADM' sales

2. MSRP will actually end up being UNDER $40k

3. Actual pricing will be released on Apr 24th

4. HP rating to actually exceed 500 RWHP

5. There will be NO 'Gas Guzzler' tax.

6. Production #'s to be enough to satisfy demand, so that all who want one, will get one

7. Ford SVT to hold regular press conferences and distribute the latest info relating to this project and to answer the pulic's questions.

8. Ebay pulls plug on all Over MSRP autions

9. Ford upper management really pays complete attention to this site.

Oh yea, and by the way.... did you hear about ....?

And now for a brief 'soapbox' moment...

If or when we can get an actual insider (like a Ford guy that is close to the project , or someone 'in the know') to say it, it is likely just speculation and a probably a rumor. At this point facts speak on their own merit and side comments, like " I heard it from this guy" do not add up to documented facts and usually just start alot of talk that is negative. 'Nuff said about that.

Anyways, I am pretty sure that most folks that visit this site believe that this is one of the best places for getting the most current and accurate info available at any given time with regards to the GT500. However, I do acknowledge that this thread is labeled 'The Rumor Mill'

With that , lets start some POSITIVE RUMORS like:

1. All dealers will be admonished by Ford for 'ADM' sales

2. MSRP will actually end up being UNDER $40k

3. Actual pricing will be released on Apr 24th

4. HP rating to actually exceed 500 RWHP

5. There will be NO 'Gas Guzzler' tax.

6. Production #'s to be enough to satisfy demand, so that all who want one, will get one

7. Ford SVT to hold regular press conferences and distribute the latest info relating to this project and to answer the pulic's questions.

8. Ebay pulls plug on all Over MSRP autions

9. Ford upper management really pays complete attention to this site.

Oh yea, and by the way.... did you hear about ....?

The reason for the thread was to try to confirm or deny what was told to be by a friend who happens to work at a dealership, not to spread rumors. I am trying to get a copy of the information mentioned.

If you are going to make a wish list, why hold back....go for it!

Hmmm, January of 2007 you say? a history of ambiguity surrounding the Shelby? :idea: You know, there's a Supercharged 2006 Saleen that's been at my local SVT dealer for the last 6 months and it's looking a little more attractive right now. Maybe they'll deal on it? Just Maybe..???? Hmmmm.

I ordered mine MARCH 15 :D (white/blue strips),told my dealer order it loaded with every possible option.I asked him to call me with any imformation about the car at all !!! He hasn't called,this is good news,considering the bad news you guys have!!I WILL CALL 1ST THING MON. MORNING !!

He is very good about giving me imformation and trying to get me information.

He did tell me i was going to get my car and that it was ordered;however he said he won't take a deposit :banghead: untill they release the MSRP...BUT THAT MY CAR WAS ORDERED LOADED WHITE/BLUE STRIPS MY DREAM STANG... :rockon:

IF I GET ANY INFO I WILL PUT IT ON ASAP !!!!!!

If this aledged delay to January is due to the aledged crankshaft snout failure, I really don't think it's really an issue. Ford has two supercharged production engines they can draw parts from, the Lightning and the GT. And as far as I know, they have not had any crank snout problems with those engines.

Perhaps the snout broke when the engineers were trying to see what the maximum H.P. rating is. Let's not forget that it's hard to find a good production crank snout that can handle 625 H.P!!!!!!! :burnout:

UPDATE:

I have been checking into this more and have discovered that last Friday morning Ford sent out info to dealers (or at least some dealers) that the GT500 would be delayed.

Then a couple of hours later, a very strongly worded message was sent out that there would NOT be a delay, and that production would begin on the second of June, 2006.

I am reved up again.

UPDATE:

I have been checking into this more and have discovered that last Friday morning Ford sent out info to dealers (or at least some dealers) that the GT500 would be delayed.

Then a couple of hours later, a very strongly worded message was sent out that there would NOT be a delay, and that production would begin on the second of June, 2006.

I am reved up again.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

:happy feet: :happy feet: :banvictory: :bandance: :elefant: :happy feet: :happy feet:

UPDATE:

I am reved up again.

That is good news. But why sending a message that there will be a delay and hrs later not. First one only rumor?

Archived