TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sighted: 06 GT-H in Minneapolis today

Bish

That was me! I was only out for a brief moment and was sighted? #229. I couldn't take the hibernation any longer! I was heading south on my way home and resisted the urge to bring her up to speed and pass a few cars. Glad I did. I shortly thereafter spotted a highway patrol waiting for me just north of Bass Lake Road. That was a close one! I live very close to where I was likely spotted - if you want to check out a newly painted H while you are here on business send me a PM.

rearlayeredgravelweb.jpg

That was me! I was only out for a brief moment and was sighted? #229. I couldn't take the hibernation any longer! I was heading south on my way home and resisted the urge to bring her up to speed and pass a few cars. Glad I did. I shortly thereafter spotted a highway patrol waiting for me just north of Bass Lake Road. That was a close one! I live very close to where I was likely spotted - if you want to check out a newly painted H while you are here on business send me a PM.

rearlayeredgravelweb.jpg

I didn't know you lived in Minnesota. Cool

Thanks for the offer to visit, I left early this morning. But I travel to the cities often and would like to take you up on your offer in the future.

I have to give you credit for getting her out for a drive, considering what the weather was like when I arrived on Monday!

Although I own a GT-H, I've never seen another one on the road, your's looks very nice, it stood out for sure and I really like the GT-500 spoiler, nice work!

Ever get that feeling your always being watched? Lol.

Only time I ever saw one was at a local Hertz rental dealership. It was sitting there last fall and I thought I'd go meet the owner after school.....Never saw it again. :(

Ithertz66:

I know exactly how you feel. I live in Vadnais Heights and had to get my SS out on what I would determine to be the bet day ever yesterday (April 27th) when it was sunny and 76 degrees without a cloud in the sky. The winter this year has been soooooo depressing. Although I don't live close to New Hope, I do drive my car all over the cities so maybe our paths will cross sometime.

Kevin

Northfield.

I was driving the Boss in Plymouth on Saturday we went to Doolittles cafe with some friends.

I go to the Apple valley show every year some years I put the Shelby in it and other years I parked it on the street and walked into the show. I am more into going to Brainerd to go racing for a day. Next Monday is the first track day of the season I probably will bring the Boss there.

I am still angry at Apple valley Ford for screwing up my rear bumper on the SGT. They replaced the cats under warranty and the mechanic pushed the exhaust back into the bumper and broke the 3 plastics tabs that prevent the bumper from ratteling against the exhaust. They replaced it with many threats of me contacting Ford and when they finally did replace the bumper it was bulging out at the sides. I was so angry I paid to get it fixed a year later and it is still isn't right it and it still has a slight bugle on the side. I would NEVER take my car there again for repair. I use to buy my parts from them as well but found out if you mention INTERNET PRICING to Tousley Ford they will sell you any part at 10% over their cost. If you want parts at a real killer discount go to Tousley Ford in White Bear Lake.

Yes - Tousley for parts are hard to beat on price and service! I'll have my Hertz at the AVF show with my vending display. Stop by and say hello!

The local SAAC club is going to Brainerd on Monday (those that signed up in advance) - I hope there is no snow on the track!

NordicShelby, who does/did your tuning and install of the Whipple on the SGT?

I signed up at BIR http://www.birperformance.com/viewpage.aspx?ID=110 for Mondays track day.

I am not a member of the local SAAC club so I am not sure what they are up to, but that will be cool if there are a ton of Mustangs there on Monday.

Apple Valley Ford installed the supercharger and many of the mods on my SGT.I extrememly regret not having Shelby install it. I actaully had an appointment in Vegas but canceled it to save 4,000 by having Apple vally Ford install it.......STUPID MOVE ON MY PART. I did not go with a custom tune as the Ford racing Whipple tune is very reliable and its fast enough.

The weather on Monday is suppose to be in the 60's and I guess up there they are not getting any of the snow that we are suppose to get tonight.

Sorry to hear about your experience with AVF. I have heard good things about their racing division. They recently added a chassis dyno and the best tuner in the area (CASEY) will be doing custom SCT tunes for them. I was considering having it done. I can't believe that your bumper issue couldn't be repaired with a new rear bumper - sounds very strange - sorry to hear about that. Was there other issues/reasons for not liking AVF's service?

John was the mechanic who screwed up the bumper and who no longer works there. I met Casey and he seems like a nice guy but once you have formed a opinion of a business its hard to change that opinion.

This is the 3rd bumper they have put on and I paid for the 3rd one. Let me know what you think if you would be happy with the way this one looks.

I now just go to Faribault and have Bliss Ford do anything major. The head mechanic there is a car guy and he knows his stuff.

post-21323-0-89662700-1367591322_thumb.jpg

post-21323-0-89662700-1367591322_thumb.jpg

I also have had excellent service at AVF but all my work has been done by Casey. He does seem to do an excellent job and seems to care about my car. I haven't had to have any service related issues done, only cosmetic mods. However, with their new dyno, I think ill give the car a run at it to see what kind of numbers she puts down. They are replacing all the hoses to the Shelby silicone blue ones this week so hopefully, all will go well. I called SA and AVF was the only dealer in MN they said was qualified to work on my SS so I'm kinda stuck. They aren't very close, which is a pain, but what's a person to do.

I plan to make the June show, if its not raining (or snowing).

Went to Brainerd on Monday and it was a perfect day to be at the track. They added 8 feet of width to the track so it was nice and wide. The Boss ran perfect and stuck like a glove with Nitto NT1's on the front.

Was able to run 1:50 on the short track.

If anyone on here who tracks there car and goes up to Brainerd we should meet up sometime at the track.

I'm not sure I can make out the issue in that pic of your bumper. I do know that the original bumper on my car doesn't fit as well in that area as compared to the other side either..... It kind of bulges a little at that horizontal seam.

How was the turnout on Monday? Were you able to meet any members of the local SAAC club? I'm not sure how many went up there or not.

There wasn't any other Mustangs out on the track other than the Boss 302. One guy had a red Ford GT though and he was a really cool guy to visit with.

Turn out was not so good. I would guess there was 10 cars there maybe 15 at the most. I think most people still were in winter mode considering two weeks earlier Northern Minnesota had almost 2 feet of snow. It was nice having the track wide open and the weather was in the 70's all day.

I didn't see an single SAAC member. Are you a member of Saac?

The first bumper that they replaced bulged outward about a 3/4 of an inch because it sat bowed out on a rack for a month before they contacted me to say they were going to replace the bumber. The second bumper doesn't bulge out too much but there is a gap its not too horrbile anymore but I still notice it everytime I get into the car. Before the bumper issue AVF is the only place I brought my Shelby for repair. I also wanted to buy my Boss from them but they couldn't give me an exact price and they wanted to charge admin so I bought the Boss off a TeamShelby forum member Ed Barnes from Capital Ford in Raliegh NC for MSRP and had it shipped right from Dearborn to Bliss Ford in Faribault.

My bad - the club is going to BIR on 5/20 when the large track will be open. I am a member of both SAAC and our local UMRSAAC

http://midwestshelby....com/index.html

We put on the show at AVF each spring. I'll be at the show with my Hertz vending next to the food stands. Feel free to say hello!

I couldn't find the 5/20 scheduled track day on the UMRSAAC website. I might come up again on 5/20 it would be fun to run with other Mustangs.

I will be walking around the car show with my family and I will stop by and say Hello.

• 1 month later...

Hey fellow MN Shelby owners, ran across this thread and am looking into going up to Brainerd in July (first time!). Just seeing if there is interest in a group going. I am looking forward to seeing what she can do (as I94 is too congested...).

Hey fellow MN Shelby owners, ran across this thread and am looking into going up to Brainerd in July (first time!). Just seeing if there is interest in a group going. I am looking forward to seeing what she can do (as I94 is too congested...).

I am going up again on June 24th they have 10% off for that day. I am a sucker for discounts.

You should sign up for that day as well. I plan on going once more in July then I have other Mustang trips planned for in August, Sept and Oct.

August is Deerborn MI

Sept is in Kansas

August is in WI

I am going up again on June 24th they have 10% off for that day. I am a sucker for discounts.

You should sign up for that day as well. I plan on going once more in July then I have other Mustang trips planned for in August, Sept and Oct.

August is Deerborn MI

Sept is in Kansas

August is in WI

So, you have been there before? I am leaning toward the 7/15 (both tracks will be open).

Do you need to go through the school each time? Anything besides a helmet required? Any tips or advice?

So, you have been there before? I am leaning toward the 7/15 (both tracks will be open).

Do you need to go through the school each time? Anything besides a helmet required? Any tips or advice?

I have been up to Brainerd with the Shelby 4 times and I brought the Boss up twice. The first three times you are there you need to attend the classroom in the morning.

I have been on many other tracks across the country.

Helmet is a must but thats about it.

Make sure you have brake cooling ducts installed and race pads. I use Performance Friction race pads. Get an set of race tires and a extra set of rims. I bought the BBS Boss 302S rims from Ford racing.

Make sure you rotate your tires after every other session.

If you never been on a track before its always good idea to have the instructors ride with you.

The track has been repaved and widened so its very smooth and now much faster.

I might go up again on 7/15 let me know if you for sure are going up on that date.

Thanks for the info. I will let you know if I am going for sure.

I just installed Baer decelarotors and Hawk HPS pads about 2 weeks ago. Going to change my brake line to stainless and upgrade the fluid while I am at it. Doubt I will get an extra set of rims or tires at this point. Maybe if this becomes a habit?

Do you need special insurance for the day???

Do you need special insurance for the day???

Not required but if you total your car you will be screwed since your normal insurance most likely will not cover it. Although I have heard that if the event is not timed that some insurance companies will cover it on a track as long as its not timed. I never get track insurance.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention the stainless steel lines and the high temp fluid. I use Brembo 600 high temp fluid.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been up to Brainerd with the Shelby 4 times and I brought the Boss up twice. The first three times you are there you need to attend the classroom in the morning.

I have been on many other tracks across the country.

Helmet is a must but thats about it.

Make sure you have brake cooling ducts installed and race pads. I use Performance Friction race pads. Get an set of race tires and a extra set of rims. I bought the BBS Boss 302S rims from Ford racing.

Make sure you rotate your tires after every other session.

If you never been on a track before its always good idea to have the instructors ride with you.

The track has been repaved and widened so its very smooth and now much faster.

I might go up again on 7/15 let me know if you for sure are going up on that date.

I am signed up for next Monday the 15th!

I am considering going up next Monday not sure yet if I can make it or not. I just got a new set of race tires but I still have a little bit of tread left on the old ones. If I come I will just bring the new ones up in my truck and if the old ones wear down to the cords then I can have the shop at the track put the new tires on.

Last time I was in Brainerd there were two seperate crashes that really cut down the track time. One guy was hauled away in the ambulance. You get a lot of rookies that go up on the class days that push it beyond the limits of their ability.

Archived