TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tire Inflator Reload "How-To", Continued

gotoatz

Continued from First Post.....

Now, pick the inflator up on it's edge, and align the pin you were turning the plate with, with the square small box inside the orange clam shell...

IMG_0338_zps5ad4a8f8.jpg

IMG_0339_zps554c385b.jpg

What you would then have, should look just like this...

IMG_0340_zpsa7b46187.jpg

Now, it's very important that you once again flip the orange side back down, so that it now looks like one unit, then remove the orange clam shell once again. The unit needs to be flat like this, prior to installing the new bottle of tire Goo. When the orange side is flipped up, this is what activates the tire Goo discharge. You do not want that right now icon_eek.gif Assure that you install the rubber gasket inside the adapter plate where the tire Goo thread into...

IMG_0341_zps6905d5d9.jpg

IMG_0342_zpsf67249e0.jpg

Remove the red cap from the tire Goo, discard, then thread the tire Goo bottle onto the adapter. Be careful not to cross thread...

IMG_0343_zpsd6d42bbe.jpg

IMG_0345_zps7327ec8b.jpg

Now re-install the orange clam shell. Take care to align the pins as was noted above...

IMG_0346_zpsa8615899.jpg

After the clam shell is folded closed, re-tighten the two Torx screws...

IMG_0347_zpsd120bac3.jpg

Install the new speed limit warning sticker...

IMG_0348_zpsb3f251b7.jpg

Install the new expiration date sticker...

IMG_0349_zps1a579c7c.jpg

And that is it. You now have a newly charged Tire Inflator...

IMG_0350_zps59a57158.jpg

Re-install the entire pump / tire sealer back into the styrofoam case it comes in...

IMG_0351_zps40835ea1.jpg

Re-install the unit back into the truck in the spare tire well...

IMG_0352_zpsb00d0252.jpg

And you are once again, ready for a local tire puncture, should you not yet have a full size spare available. Again, not saying I would prefer this over the full size spare, but it does work fairly effectively in a pinch...

I warned my tire guy that the tire was full of tire Goo before he removed and unmounted the tire. I have had no issues thus far, with the TPMS on the wheel in question, as has been noted as a possibility in other threads...

Hope this how to helps someone that is unfamiliar with the inflator, or someone that may be waiting to repair a used one........

Mike

Thanks GOTATZ for the help with all of the pictures and description. I successfully replaced my tire goo. Your steps were much more useful then the one paragraph of steps that you get with the continental kit.

Thanks GOTATZ for the help with all of the pictures and description. I successfully replaced my tire goo. Your steps were much more useful then the one paragraph of steps that you get with the continental kit.

Glad the how to was of help to someone. Yeah, the instructions that come in the replacement kits are horrid.....but hey, you get a sweet pair of disposable rubber gloves... :hysterical: :hysterical:

Take care,

Mike

• 1 year later...

Can you "reload" this inflator if it's never been used? At the beginning of the excellent wright-up it states that this was used and they were adding a new canister of goo to replace the spent bottle. However, I recently purchased a 2008 Shelby GT and I would like to update my goo canister to a new bottle since mine is expired. Can I just remove the current canister, even if it's full? I'm assuming I can if I'm careful to not let it simply spill out everywhere as I remove it.

Thanks in advance!

-Nate

Can you "reload" this inflator if it's never been used? At the beginning of the excellent wright-up it states that this was used and they were adding a new canister of goo to replace the spent bottle. However, I recently purchased a 2008 Shelby GT and I would like to update my goo canister to a new bottle since mine is expired. Can I just remove the current canister, even if it's full? I'm assuming I can if I'm careful to not let it simply spill out everywhere as I remove it.

Thanks in advance!

-Nate

Nate,

You should be fine. Just keep the canister upright, as when it screws in, it punctures the foil liner. Unless I am mistaken, there will not be any charge on the goo until you energize the pump unit......I think,.........

Mike