TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Norcal cruise to CS memorial in Gardena May 11th

MMcGuirk

Hi

We are putting together a group run for Friday morning. Please chime in if you are interested in joining us.

Also, working on a hotel location close to Gardena.

MM

and remember, nobody passes the pace car (that being me...lol)

This will be an informal cruise, I will be driving down Friday morning in a Mercedes ML550 (it does have a Shelby license plate frame though... B) ) my daughter is moving out of her apt in San Diego two weeks after as the school year comes to a close, and need to swap rides with her, hence the vehicle choice...

I will be peeling off a tad early as I have a site meeting in Beverly Hills that afternoon

With Sunday being Mothers day, i'll be heading back north immediately after the event on Saturday afternoon.

Tom

Here are some local hotels for those traveling from out of town

The first one is 4.4 miles from Gardena, and a very clean hotel (i've stayed there before) The rate for Friday is $129 plus taxes/fees

http://www.miyakohybridhotel.com/

The next two are about 7-8 miles away, and are names everyone is familar with, their rates are close (AAA rate for Marriott is $109 plus tax, AAA rate for Doubletree is $107)

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/laxtr-torrance-marriott-south-bay/

http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-torrance-south-bay-LAXTHDT/index.html

I asked the boss if I could play hookie on Friday to participate in the cruise down to Gardena. He said if I didn't show up to work on Friday, don't bother to show up on Monday......

Wohoo!! 4-day weekend!!

Count me in for the cruise.

That's great Austin, hopefully we will get some others chiming in...otherwise it'll be a tango and not a conga...lol

Hey Tom,

I'm registered and staying at the Marriott :-) Not sure if we're cruising my GT350 along the I-5 route with you or taking a leisurely trip down scenic 101. There's no planned activities for Friday night, right? Either way I'll see you at Pea Soup Andersen's. BTW, how many Shelby's in the caravan? Tom

I asked the boss if I could play hookie on Friday to participate in the cruise down to Gardena. He said if I didn't show up to work on Friday, don't bother to show up on Monday......

Wohoo!! 4-day weekend!!

Count me in for the cruise.

Hey Tom,

I'm registered and staying at the Marriott :-) Not sure if we're cruising my GT350 along the I-5 route with you or taking a leisurely trip down scenic 101. There's no planned activities for Friday night, right? Either way I'll see you at Pea Soup Andersen's. BTW, how many Shelby's in the caravan? Tom

Hey fellas,

Correct, no activities for Friday. I've got a client dinner (same one from my afternoon meeting in Beverly Hills), so you are on your own. As far as I know, only the three of us :-( so if you want to peel off, and do 101, chime in, becuase maybe Austin wants to drive that way with you becuase he is in Monterey, and then he wouldn't need to drive over Pacheco.

If this happens (which I'm ok with), then I'll just plow on my own, and earlier, as my client wanted to move up (sooner) the meeting time...

If we stay together and fly down I-5, lets bump the departure to 8:45,

Let me know

Tom

Hey fellas,

Correct, no activities for Friday. I've got a client dinner (same one from my afternoon meeting in Beverly Hills), so you are on your own. As far as I know, only the three of us :-( so if you want to peel off, and do 101, chime in, becuase maybe Austin wants to drive that way with you becuase he is in Monterey, and then he wouldn't need to drive over Pacheco.

If this happens (which I'm ok with), then I'll just plow on my own, and earlier, as my client wanted to move up (sooner) the meeting time...

If we stay together and fly down I-5, lets bump the departure to 8:45,

Let me know

Tom

Looks like dinner is on Tom Friday night!!!

Where are we eating???? :hysterical2:

We're planning to be at Pea Soup's early and take I-5 down. Returning on Saturday going 101. We can hook up with Austin..

Tom

8:45?

Good news boys...not driving the MB now...bringing the KR

With my meeting, earlier is better. I'll be there with a full tank ready to depart the windmill at 8:30

See you in the morning

Archived