TEAM SHELBY FORUM

675hp Roush kit finally installed!!

FURAFURA

Just got my car back from the dealer, it's really a huge improvement!! I use to feel that something was holding my car back when I had the 540 Roush kit, not anymore. it really feel liberated! My Dyno butt is happy. But, I'm noticing that the new S/C belt (I believe) is squealing briefly when I start the car and again for like a second when I turn on the A/C, is that normal, will go away, or should I worry?

post-25419-0-38576200-1366570977_thumb.jpg

post-25419-0-75339600-1366571002_thumb.jpg

post-25419-0-32451000-1366571489_thumb.jpg

post-25419-0-38576200-1366570977_thumb.jpg

post-25419-0-75339600-1366571002_thumb.jpg

post-25419-0-32451000-1366571489_thumb.jpg

I'm noticing that the new S/C belt (I believe) is squealing briefly when I start the car and again for like a second when I turn on the A/C, is that normal, will go away, or should I worry?

Aren't there TWO belts on your car? One for the SC and one for the accessories?

I know on my ('10) GT500, I have two.

If it's your accy. belt, it may need to be replaced or they may have installed it wrong. There should be a diagram on a sticker somewhere under the hood to route it correctly.

If it's only one belt, I'd be concerned. Squealing indicates slippage and if your SC belt is slipping under the strain of a AC compressor or Alternator (which would be the initial squeal), it's slipping under high boost too.

Which means you aren't getting full boost....

Phill

Thanks Phill

You are right, there's two belt in my car as well, but before the installation, it didnt have that squeal, and they only changed the S/C belt for the smaller 80mm pulley, not the accessory one, that's why I understand it should be the new one.

• 2 weeks later...

Aren't there TWO belts on your car? One for the SC and one for the accessories?

I know on my ('10) GT500, I have two.

If it's your accy. belt, it may need to be replaced or they may have installed it wrong. There should be a diagram on a sticker somewhere under the hood to route it correctly.

If it's only one belt, I'd be concerned. Squealing indicates slippage and if your SC belt is slipping under the strain of a AC compressor or Alternator (which would be the initial squeal), it's slipping under high boost too.

Which means you aren't getting full boost....

Phill

Finally fixed, the belt was installed wrong, no more squealing!!!

Archived