TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Parnelli Jones Autograph

Mustang DAN

I have Carroll's autograph on the airbag cover of my SGT. This year, I plan to attend the Indy 500 "Legends Day" honoring Parnelli Jones on Saturday before the Indy 500, which includes autograph session. PJ is one of my boyhood heroes (along with CS), and I'm planning on attempting to get his autograph on something. I've thought about taking the airbag cover and getting his signature below Carroll's. I know he was not associated with Shelby, but he is definitely a Mustang icon. What do some of you think about doing that? Would it be really cool to have both signatures on the dash, or would it seem to dilute or de-value the essence of the original CS signature? I'm not really concerned about monetary value issues on this.

I have Carroll's autograph on the airbag cover of my SGT. This year, I plan to attend the Indy 500 "Legends Day" honoring Parnelli Jones on Saturday before the Indy 500, which includes autograph session. PJ is one of my boyhood heroes (along with CS), and I'm planning on attempting to get his autograph on something. I've thought about taking the airbag cover and getting his signature below Carroll's. I know he was not associated with Shelby, but his is definitely a Mustang icon. What do some of you think about doing that? Would it be really cool to have both signatures on the dash, or would it seem to dilute or de-value the essence of the original CS signature?

Would be awesome to have both their signatures on your cover.

Personally, I would try to pick up another Carroll signed cover and have Parnelli sign that one. There's something special about having a cover that Carroll signed, and something that (hopefully) you have a photo of him holding.

Personally, I would try to pick up another Carroll signed cover and have Parnelli sign that one. There's something special about having a cover that Carroll signed, and something that (hopefully) you have a photo of him holding.

I do have the photo of Carroll holding the cover and signing, with my name visible on the cover back. Was hoping, if possible, to get a shot of Parnelli signing the cover.

Boy, that's a tough one, but I just don't think I'd want anything else on my airbag cover. I mean, it's irreplaceable. I think if it was me I'd probably get him to sign something else. But that's just me.

John

Boy, that's a tough one, but I just don't think I'd want anything else on my airbag cover. I mean, it's irreplaceable. I think if it was me I'd probably get him to sign something else. But that's just me.

John

Yep, I agree.

Maybe the sun visor mirror cover, if you have a mirror on yours. I've seen that done a lot too.

Phill

Yep, I agree.

Maybe the sun visor mirror cover, if you have a mirror on yours. I've seen that done a lot too.

Phill

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll keep the airbag cover as is. You're right, it's irreplaceable. The mirror cover seems like maybe a good idea.

On the 07 I have the dash plaque with Carroll's sig on it, in the trunk I have Parnelli Jones, Don the Snake Prudome, Don Thomas (Sprint car champion 1966), Fred Favario (our favorite wine maker). Will start on the 13 this year; Bill Neil should be first on my list, unless of course I run in to someone famous before I see Bill. LOL

I got Parnelli's signature this year at the Philly Auto Show.........just so you know........he is rather frail now and while he was very gracious to sign items for me.....

he signs his signature very small........maybe 2 or 3 inches long for his whole name...........this may help you decide what item you would like signed.

good luck.

I would have him sign whatever- he is a legend in the Ford arena

from the off road championship Bronco sponosred by Olympia Beer from Olympia, WA (which I saw and photographed at the Indy 500 museum of all places next to his Indy cars)

to the awesome championship Trans Am driver, The guy could flat drive anything in his day!!

I have this frame in my office (original advertisment for the 1st annual Trans Am race at Seattle, same track we still run on today).

I had it autographed during the 2010 Mustang reveal.

I have the result of the race behind the picture, I believe Mr Jones blew an engine in his cougar and finished 32nd

PC310119.jpg

-----------------

Archived