TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 owners

Not sure about you 2011 or 2012 owners but if any of the 2013 GT350 owners seem to have this issue let me know... my 2013 GT350 speedometer is off by 8mph too fast so is this something Shelby did and didn't recalibrate it or something else entirely? Only had first drive in car 2 days ago and drove my cop and looked at speedo and it said 58-59mph and I'm like no way I'm not going that fast and I wasn't cause cop never came after me. Right near my house cops have electronic speed sign up and my speedometer said 40-41mph and sign said 33mph so its off for sure.

I contacted SAI with no reply as usual

I had a similar problem when mine was brand new. Seems the new tune that is put in needs to programmed correctly and the computer has to relearn the tune. Part of that is putting in the correct tire size, type of fuel, etc and actually driving the car with a laptop hooked up to make sure everything is synched correctly. Mine kept going out because the PCM was bad from the get-go and had to be replaced.

The biggest problem is going to be finding a dealer that will understand the tune that's in the car and not try and undo it...and you may run into some warranty issues. When I had my problem there was a multi-way conversation going on between the dealer, FoMoCo, Ford Racing and Shelby. After weeks and weeks of trouble shooting, testing, retesting, a new Shelby tune etc, etc everything was finally sorted out, but Ford declined to reimburse the dealer for the warranty work and the dealer ate the cost.

Hope that helps,

John

39, what equipment do you have on yours? Rear end ratio, supercharger, wheels, tires, etc. I am worried about this since I will pick mine up soon (I hope) in 'Vegas and drive home 650 miles. BTW, like your garage, didn't know you had an MK.

NO supercharger, I upgraded to 3.73 rear gears, using Shelby 19" wheels. I also upgraded to the Eibach adj suspension

Anyone with common sense knows if you change wheels and or tires ride height by more than 1" it will effect your speedometer. Changing the rear gear ratio will do this for sure too. However, with these changes and considering how much we pay for these cars this is inexcusable for SAI not to have adjusted this before it left Vegas!!

I am probably selling my 92 SAAC MK1 so if interested send me a message... by the way my SAAC is #39

Not sure about you 2011 or 2012 owners but if any of the 2013 GT350 owners seem to have this issue let me know... my 2013 GT350 speedometer is off by 8mph too fast so is this something Shelby did and didn't recalibrate it or something else entirely? Only had first drive in car 2 days ago and drove my cop and looked at speedo and it said 58-59mph and I'm like no way I'm not going that fast and I wasn't cause cop never came after me. Right near my house cops have electronic speed sign up and my speedometer said 40-41mph and sign said 33mph so its off for sure.

I contacted SAI with no reply as usual

Any Ford dealer should be able to calibrate your speedo.

My Pro-Cal allows me to input rear gear ratio and tire circumference to calibrate my own speedo.

Ford should be able to use the same info. Do you know your gear ratio? If not, it's easy to figure out. Tire circumference is just done with a (flat) measuring tape. I found a really cheap one at Harbor Freight I use (bright orange with a magnet on the side).

The downside is, Ford will likely charge you for the service and my dealer quoted me $150 to do it.

Phill

You'd think this should be an easy fix, huh? I'll just add that I had to get the Regional Ford Customer Service rep involved and Ford Racing finally sent a new "TUNER" to the dealer to reinstall the Shelby tune...for which they charged the dealer. Ford Racing claimed that there was only one tune allowed per car and any additional tunes were an extra charge. I now have two Ford Racing serial number stickers under the hood.

My dealer is learning more about the GT350 than they ever wanted to know; and at their own expense!

John

You'd think this should be an easy fix, huh? I'll just add that I had to get the Regional Ford Customer Service rep involved and Ford Racing finally sent a new "TUNER" to the dealer to reinstall the Shelby tune...for which they charged the dealer. Ford Racing claimed that there was only one tune allowed per car and any additional tunes were an extra charge. I now have two Ford Racing serial number stickers under the hood.

My dealer is learning more about the GT350 than they ever wanted to know; and at their own expense!

John

exactly that is my point, WHY wasn't this done at SAI??

It was...it just didn't hold. My guess, having gone through this whole thing, is that there's some sort of conflict between the tune and the PCM that doesn't let them play well together. But hey, I worked on cars when they still had points, coils and distributors.

John

It was...it just didn't hold. My guess, having gone through this whole thing, is that there's some sort of conflict between the tune and the PCM that doesn't let them play well together. But hey, I worked on cars when they still had points, coils and distributors.

John

Still love the look of yours with the White and Blue stripes and keep thinking if I made a mistake but I got a Conv. and how good would the Blue stripes look with a Black top? Was only considering a Conv. as live in Florida and moving to Hawaii sometime this year so a Conv. was a must. If I knew SAI was switching the GT350 logo from the original to the 67 GT350 one I for sure would have ordered a 2012 but didn't know that.

I'll get the speedo fixed but for this cost WE should not be having this problem

No, I hear what you're saying. Nice call on the conv for Hawaii, though. Don't know what island you're going to but you know there's already at lest one on Oahu, right?

John

No, I hear what you're saying. Nice call on the conv for Hawaii, though. Don't know what island you're going to but you know there's already at lest one on Oahu, right?

John

I do know there is a 2011 GT350 on Oahu and I've talked to him but I don't know of any GT350 Conv. out there. I don't think there is a GT350 Conv. in Florida either I may be wrong but when I passed a Boss 302 guy the other day he kept turning and was like what was that what was that hahaha. I purposely didn't order it with a supercharger because however long I am in Hawaii you can't use a 500-600hp Conv. anywhere!!

got a call from SAI today but wasn't able to take the call and the message said that they failed to recalibrate the speedometer with the gears upgraded to 3.73 ok but then I have a put a deposit down to get the tool sent to me to fix it and then deposit will be refunded after sent back, lmao are you kidding me

Aloha, I have the 2011 GT350 624hp on the road here on Oahu. There is still a 2011 GT350 available, untitled in a local Ford dealer showroom, but there was someone with a 2013 Boss 302 LS working on a trade and pay deal a week ago. No update yet. No late model GT350 convertibles here yet that I know of.

Archived