TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Installed the FRPP Intake Resonator Delete this Morning - First Drive

yell03

I needed 1 flathead screwdriver, some patience, a little muscle, and about 1/2 hour due to being afraid of breaking something.

I am not the most mechanical guy in the world, so I am always over cautious.

I started at 6:30am, installed it, took a test drive and am back by 7:15am.

To be honest, I don't hear much more supercharger whine, and that was with the top down which allows me to hear it better, of course it is still wet out from last night and I did not really wind out the rpms as it was getting squirelly with mid 40 degree temps and damp roads, but I at least got the revs up to 4500rpms.

I have an Airaid non-oiled filter coming Monday, maybe that will make a difference?

I really don't want the supercharger to sound like my old 03 Cobras, they sounded like sirens or dentist drills, I just want a little more of that whistle sound.

After I get the filter I'll add to this review or start a new one.

pics:

From a 5 minute low speed drive in rush hour it does not appear to be a huge difference in volume, but I needed a new air filter and both pieces together really look good when you pop the hood.

April222013001_zps0a94a9a0.jpg

April222013003_zps3ce66a84.jpg

pics:

From a 5 minute low speed drive in rush hour it does not appear to be a huge difference in volume, but I needed a new air filter and both pieces together really look good when you pop the hood.

April222013003_zps3ce66a84.jpg

Just a quick FYI. Your air filter is installed upside down. The tab that you see sticking up in the picture should be pointing down. When installed the correct way, the tab will fit into a slot at the bottom of the airbox.

I also installed the resonator delete piece on my car and the only time I really notice any difference in sound is at wide open throttle. It does look cleaner though. The resonator was a pretty ugly piece. If you want something a little louder you might have to look into a JLT inlet tube.

Mark

Just a quick FYI. Your air filter is installed upside down. The tab that you see sticking up in the picture should be pointing down. When installed the correct way, the tab will fit into a slot at the bottom of the airbox.

I also installed the resonator delete piece on my car and the only time I really notice any difference in sound is at wide open throttle. It does look cleaner though. The resonator was a pretty ugly piece. If you want something a little louder you might have to look into a JLT inlet tube.

Mark

Thanks, will reverse it when I get home

I installed the JLT Resonator delete with the Airaid filter. I definitely could hear the supercharger wine on wide open throttle.

I tried to go WOT today, it is 47 degrees, not happening unless I want to live my life sideways, lol

Gas mileage is way up

Archived