TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Certificate of Authenticity

• 3 months later...

My guess would be next March or April. Be patient. It will be a neat footnote to your car, but won't add any signifanct value to your fun.

If you are curious about numbers and your car's rarity, I may be able to dig something up on a non car specific piece of info. What do you want to know?

Question.... I purchased the 2013 Shelby GT500 Ford Authorized "Mustang Customizer" Give-away car. Shouldn't Ford have some sort of documentation for this car? The original owner didn't receive anything.

Who should I contact to find out? Ford or SVT?

It depends on what kind of "documentation" you want...

- Owner's Manuals, Supplements, and Warranty Guides are available for download here (free)

- GT500 Certificates of Authenticity are available for purchase here ($45)

- Deluxe Build Sheets are available for purchase (Item #39416) here ($46)

- Window Stickers are available for purchase here ($25)

-- Window Stickers are available for download here (free)

- Shelby Registry Vehicle Authenticity Certificates are available for purchase here ($30)

-- Requires registration in the Shelby Unified Registry (free) and proof of ownership

Question.... I purchased the 2013 Shelby GT500 Ford Authorized "Mustang Customizer" Give-away car. Shouldn't Ford have some sort of documentation for this car? The original owner didn't receive anything.

Damn, that's got to be one RARE car!

One of one?

Phill

It depends on what kind of "documentation" you want...

- Owner's Manuals, Supplements, and Warranty Guides are available for download here (free)

- GT500 Certificates of Authenticity are available for purchase here ($45)

- Window Stickers are available for purchase here ($25)

-- Window Stickers are available for download here (free)

- Shelby Registry Vehicle Authenticity Certificates are available for purchase here ($30)

-- Requires registration in the Shelby Unified Registry (free) and proof of ownership

I was referring to the car being a 1 of 1 Ford authorized custom. You would think some sort of documentation would come with the car.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-vaughn-gittin-jr-delivers-gt500-to-contest-winner/

I was referring to the car being a 1 of 1 Ford authorized custom. You would think some sort of documentation would come with the car.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-vaughn-gittin-jr-delivers-gt500-to-contest-winner/

That's totally badd ass!

It sounds like it's one of three but only one painted Pink w/Cobra Jet graphics.

CONGRATS!

Phill (I'D DRIVE A PINK GT500 IN A SECOND!)

She won this car in March and sold it already?

She was a single mom, living in an apartment complex, working and driving in downtown Tampa stop and go traffic daily. She had never driven a standard until Vaugh Gittin taught her. She says the car was too much for her. She never expected to win her creation. The car sustained (2) paint nicks and she was just afraid the car would receive too much damage where she lived. She traded it to my dealer for a brand new 2013 Ford Explorer Limited.

She was a single mom, living in an apartment complex, working and driving in downtown Tampa stop and go traffic daily. She had never driven a standard until Vaugh Gittin taught her. She says the car was too much for her. She never expected to win her creation. The car sustained (2) paint nicks and she was just afraid the car would receive too much damage where she lived. She traded it to my dealer for a brand new 2013 Ford Explorer Limited.

Well, here's something that everyone who enters a contest and should you win that you need to know:

1. You will pay state and federal income taxes on the winning.

2. You will be responsible for additional taxes (including sales tax on the price, probably MSRP) and for license and registration fees.

Sales tax alone, at 8% on a 62K car is almost 5K. Plus registration fees will be another 3-4K. For some people that is not part of their disposable income. Most will give you cash in lieu of the prize, on which you still owe income tax, but it's easier than trying to sell a car.

I can't say as I blame her. She made the right choice for her circumstances.

She was a single mom, living in an apartment complex,

Yeah, I noticed that in the video.

And good for her. She got a nice USABLE (daily driver w/o fear of nicks) vehicle out of it to boot.

Phill

Doesn't sound like a good deal for her unless the dealer also handed her a check.

And as Tony mentioned she's still going to owe the IRS come April 15th.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Well, here's something that everyone who enters a contest and should you win that you need to know:

1. You will pay state and federal income taxes on the winning.

2. You will be responsible for additional taxes (including sales tax on the price, probably MSRP) and for license and registration fees.

Sales tax alone, at 8% on a 62K car is almost 5K. Plus registration fees will be another 3-4K. For some people that is not part of their disposable income. Most will give you cash in lieu of the prize, on which you still owe income tax, but it's easier than trying to sell a car.

I can't say as I blame her. She made the right choice for her circumstances.

Not saying that she made a bad choice by trading in, but she could have easily turned around and financed the taxes owed. Then she would have a $10,000.00 car loan on a $60,000.00+ car. Not a bad deal. Again, I would still state that the trade in was not a bad choice for her. It was probably the best option for her. She probably got the Explorer for free after trade in plus tax fees on the Mustang.

Archived