TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need help with lower grill and front brake duct install

Gotboost?

Hey guys I need help with installing the Shelby precut lower grill and the bezel kit. I'm test fitting the parts and I think something is wrong because on the backside of the lower grill shoudn't there be intake cylinder that I attach the brake duct hose to? As you can see from my pics I have nowhere to attach the hose. In fact, the correct brake duct kit from Shelby doesn't include any attachment that enables you to slide the hose over and clamp it. Thanks for the help.

David

post-40618-0-78922900-1366252385_thumb.jpg

post-40618-0-98725400-1366252396_thumb.jpg

post-40618-0-49616000-1366252409_thumb.jpg

post-40618-0-78922900-1366252385_thumb.jpg

post-40618-0-98725400-1366252396_thumb.jpg

post-40618-0-49616000-1366252409_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the confirmation and help. I'll post pics after I remove the bumper and complete the installation.

David

We're you able to complete the install? I was looking at the parts and wondering the exact thing you asked. Going to start the install this weekend so if you are able to post a pic of the connection it would be much appreciated.

I installed the new lower grill and bezels Saturday. The duct work for the brakes didn't arrive so I'll tackle that another weekend. The install was fairly simple, but time consuming since it was my first time working on this generation of Mustang.

BTW, thanks for all who contributed.

David

post-40618-0-99002200-1367191076_thumb.jpg

Finished my install yesterday & everything went smoothly. The new front valance with the bezels really looks great. No issues at all routing the duct around the aftermarket HE. Would recommend putting a couple of dabs of RTV on the flange of the black plastic ring that clips to the bezel from behind the valance. I put a couple dabs where it contacts the back of the grill - although there are tabs that click to engage the bezel it seemed to me that they could come loose & allow the bezel to fall out. You can't see the RTV & the rings aren't going anywhere now.

Also, the duct is a super tight fit on the circular vent behind the bumper & not much room for a hand in there. Just a thin smear of WD40 on the first inch inside of the tubing will make sliding it on there easier.

• 1 month later...

I just installed one of these kits on my 2007 GT500, and I will say that the tubing routing is probably the hardest part...I cut the tubes just a little too short to start with, then had to get some pvc tubing to splice them back to gether at the front...but the black plastic piece that attaches to the front left wheel well was causing my tubing to kink and get caught between it and the rubber on the sterring arm...and it was crushing the tubing and the front tire would rub on the tubing at full lock...I finally got everything situated once I removed that small black plastic piece at the lower front of the fender well on the driver's side...didn't really see any practical purpose for it there anyway...wasn't anything on the right side like that at all...anyway, it is all done now, so I will carry on...Heading to the Legacy Bank Shelby show on June 22nd in Plano, TX...maybe I'll see some of you there.

I did my install and everything went ok. The drivers side is a pain in the arse. It rubs if I turn the wheel all the way to the right. There's not much room to run the ducts on the left side (drivers side)

Archived