TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch Failure

In thinking about the clutch failures that some of these cars have already had .... and taking into effect my poll about clutch failures that i did a few mths back ... the general consensus was that any car that made it past 3500 mile generally should be ok from a defect issue.

I have read and heard of some clutch failures with higher milage .. but those could be attributed to hard driving.

The reason why I am posting this .. is to let all you northern snow birds .... with Shelbys .... and still under 1000 miles, that now the weather is better .. your now going to be putting miles on these cars that a few of these vehicles could have some issues.

I think out of everything I have read about these cars ... the only real quality control issue mechanically has been the clutch/ tranny ... mostly the clutch.

I hope I am wrong .. but time will tell.

Again if anyone has any clutch issues .... and finds it harder to shift .. STOP DRIVING THE CAR IMMEDIATLY

Get it towed to your closest SVT FORD store and get it fixed or replaced so u dont do any damage to the tranny and or syncroes !

my 02 cents worth

On that note, send me a pm (before you tow your car in) if you have any issues and I will hook you up with the SVT person who helped me and you will be well taken care of. No hassles at the deealers and you will be dealing with someone who knows these cars and who really wants to see us remain loyal satisfied SVT customers.

On that note, send me a pm (before you tow your car in) if you have any issues and I will hook you up with the SVT person who helped me and you will be well taken care of. No hassles at the deealers and you will be dealing with someone who knows these cars and who really wants to see us remain loyal satisfied SVT customers.

Where can you find a list of the SVT ford dealers nationwide

• 1 year later...

:cry:

Not any more.

Mine does the same thing and it will sound rough at startup clutch area, kinda like a when a clutch goes bad on a diesel truck.

i have heard that 2nd gear will slightly grind until the trannys is warmed up ..... that said ... i have the new 08 tranny with the polished input shaft .... in my 07 GT500 and its night and day ... much smoother shifting the older version

Archived