TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bought a 2011 Shelby GT500 Convertible Today

yell03

I've had some really nice cars....

03 Cobras, a Viper GTS, C6 Z06, Porsche 911, and a C63 AMG Mercedes.

A Shelby GT500 is an itch I've needed to scratch for a long time.

So today, I traded my 2012 5.0 automatic for a 2011 Shelby GT500.

It is bone stock and the only thing I've ordered so far is a Airaid non-oiled replacement filter in Blue.

Here are some pics...

March15andMarch162013045_zps73b017bb.jpg

March15andMarch162013037_zps1b838303.jpg

March15andMarch162013034_zpsaf3e5963.jpg

The wife likes it too...

March15andMarch162013052_zps53ba02d7.jpg

Get the Jlt cai next and you'll hear the suoercharger better. Don't see man red/black. Looks great. My wife wot drive mine

I only want a resonator delete, the stock cai seems fine.

Very Nice!!!!!!!!

What year 911 did you have? Most people that go with a 911 never get off the P-Car fix. I just added a 911 to my Shelby, love them both for much different reasons.

Cograts!!!!!

2007 911 targa4, nice car, but at the time my back was not liking the seating position and pedal positions

Looks good, nice shine on it.

thanks

Yell03, congrats on your new Shelby. Looks great.

If you haven't already be sure to register your Shelby with the Shelby American Registry. You'll find a link to the registry below in my signature line.

Steve

thanks & will do....

Get the Jlt cai next and you'll hear the suoercharger better. Don't see man red/black. Looks great. My wife wot drive mine

If my wife drove mine at WOT, it would be the last time she ever saw the keys!!! :hysterical:

Thats a really nice car, hope you have a great time with it, I am sure you will love it.

Thanks, I already do

If my wife drove mine at WOT, it would be the last time she ever saw the keys!!! :hysterical:

luckily she is not a WOT type of driver

Welcome to Team Shelby and congratulations on your new and soon to be favorite ride. It looks stunning with the top down.

thanks

Very Nice!! Congrats........

Mike

thanks

Nice ride, fastest color!!!

my 5.0 I traded was race red also

Very Nice RIDE !!!!

thanks

Great looking ride. Nothing better than a ragtop.

funny thing is, I did not want a convertible, but the deal was too good to pass up.

Now that I have it, I love it.

you can just pull out the baffles --dont need a rseonartor delete. Personally i like the way the JLT looks too BTW the only other thing i bought was the hydraulic hood lifts.I wa at a acar show and it was windy--the wind picked up the hood of the guy next to me, in a shelby too, the hood prop lost contact, the hood fell on the prop and dented the fender and the edge of the hood--thats when i bought the hydraulic props no drilling, took 20 minutes to do it. My memory tells me they were CPC struts--but search the forum for details

So, being from New Jersey come show off your NEW GT500 Convertible at our Garden State Region Mustang Club Car Show on April 28th in Butler New Jersey.

I am actually from PA, the dealership was in NJ, I have to wait for my PA tags

you can just pull out the baffles --dont need a rseonartor delete. Personally i like the way the JLT looks too BTW the only other thing i bought was the hydraulic hood lifts.I wa at a acar show and it was windy--the wind picked up the hood of the guy next to me, in a shelby too, the hood prop lost contact, the hood fell on the prop and dented the fender and the edge of the hood--thats when i bought the hydraulic props no drilling, took 20 minutes to do it. My memory tells me they were CPC struts--but search the forum for details

I actually ordered the FRPP Resonator delete an hour ago, but I think I want the hydraulic hood lifts, that prop mod doesn't feel like quality on my car or my son's 2005 GT

• 1 month later...

great looking cobra enjoy, looks fast just sitting there

Thanks, I've been enjoying it, just needs better rubber to get the power to the ground.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice. Michelin Super Sports is the answer to your traction problems.

I am waiting on the Michelin AS3s to come out in July or I have thought about the Continental DWS as it is my daily driver and sees rain and freezing temps, but no snow.

The truth is this car needs a drag radial or R compound tire, but who wants to replace a tire every 3500 miles?

Archived