TEAM SHELBY FORUM

LOVE my new Barton Shifter...WOW!

Roush GR40

Recently installed a Barton shifter on my 2012 GT500...all I can say is WOW! The car is so much more enjoyable to drive now that I have a shifter that's accurate....this is the way the car should have come from the factory. The numb feeling when changing gears with the stock set-up was horrible. Can't wait to go to VIR next month for the 20th SVT anniversary open track event with the SVT Cobra Club...it's going to be great!

FYI...went with the flat aluminum shifter handle and changed the factory boot to a Roush one to accommodate the larger handle diameter.

You're right on the Barton shifter. My stock shifter had 25K miles and was getting the limp noddle effect as it wore. I went with the Barton last year at Myrtle Beach's Mustang Week. Scott Hoag and his MRT Team were on site and I got him to do the install. Very positive shifts, no missed shifts and no rubbery feel over the last 10,000 miles. Love mine.

Not sure of the SGT tranny has the remote shifter like the GT500's....or perhaps the upgrade unit that Shelby installs fixes the problem. It's the remote mounting of the shifter that creates the problem of numb shifting. My 2002 with TKO600 had the shifter mount directly into the tailshaft of the transmission and it was never a problem.

• 11 months later...

Archived