TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Caliper pins replacement - grease or loctite?

barspen

Just finished replacing my front and rear brake pads last weekend on my 2011 GT500.

When I replaced the caliper bolts on the rear brakes, I applied Loctite to keep them in place (based on my friends recommendation). The bolts were tightened to spec.

After doing some research, I'm wondering if should have used anti-seize lube instead of Loctite on the bolts.

Trying to figure out -- if using Loctite was not necessary, is having it on the bolts going to cause an issue down the road (other than making removal more difficult for the next pad/roter change?

Just for clarification, I'm talking about the caliper bolt for the actual caliper assembly, not the caliper bracket.

https://www.evernote...7e05f424c6a9fae

THX

Barry

I would have only put an anti seize on the bolts & torque them , I would thing you will have a hard time removing them on the next pad change. Hopefully you only used Blue lock-tite. I have never had a problem with them coming loose.

You are supposed to use blue lock tite. In fact Ford recommends that the bolts be replaced. The new bolts come with blue lock tite already applied.

Archived