TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best way to increase HP on 2007 SGT

art4tees

yeah, i looked into that when i had a 4.6 GT. there's no easy way to achieve that without ported/polished heads, cams, long-tubes, underdrive pulleys, intake manifold, throttle body, cold air-intake with custom ECM tune. not even sure you'd reach your goal even with all of that though you might come close. www.fordracingpartsdirect.com used to have a normally-aspirated upgrade package that promised those kind of gains but not sure if they still do. the easier way is to add a blower for probably the same total cost (less labor).

It would probably be cheaper to put the supercharger on than try and get there N/A.

My build goals for the engine right now, all said and done are $3K plus (and that's just the cost of parts, I'm installing everything myself), and I know that when I'm done I won't have increased my power by 100.

Have any of you guys added a throttle body spacer just to see what it would do?

it does absolutely nothing from what i read when i owned and modded my 2006 4.6L.

shorty headers did almost nothing, as well. under-drive pulleys, gears and cold-air/tune were the biggest bang-for-the-buck on that car.

Go to S197 web site and start reading, lot of guy running high 11 sec and low 12 sec in NA with out spending big bucks. Cams, heads and manifold are a waste of money, I buy a supercharger before going that route.

I had an Edelbrock SC with my last SGT. It will work with your AT and give you great HP gains with a stealth sound (not a lot of SC whine). Mine cost $700 for the install and I made an offer for one on eBay for $5,000. Good luck either way.

You can always convert the car to coyote if you want to stay NA.

100+ rwhp without adding weight = WIN WIN!!!

you will spend a lot more converting to a 5.0 than you would just adding a blower to your 4.6.....and engine swaps arent that simple.......you have to change the entire wiring harness if you want everything to work....its not just as simple as changing ecu's anymore.........lots of labor there......and cost.

you will spend a lot more converting to a 5.0 than you would just adding a blower to your 4.6.....and engine swaps arent that simple.......you have to change the entire wiring harness if you want everything to work....its not just as simple as changing ecu's anymore.........lots of labor there......and cost.

That's for sure!!

Ford racing sell everything needed to swap the 5.0 coyote into a 05-10 Mustang. It is one of the simpler swaps. They sell a plug and play harness, and bracket for the 3v power steering, since the newer cars use an electric steering system. The bell housing pattern, and K member are the same, so no problem there.

Two people here in my small town have already done it. Latemodel restoration is where one of my buddies got his stuff from to do the swap, but you probably could find anyplace that sells Ford Racing Products. He did his swap in less than a week.

Here is LMR's link

http://blog.latemode...ine-swap-craze/

Archived