TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1/4 mile 1st trip

:shift: Well I took her to Englishtown Friday night and I was happy with the results. I have not raced in 20 years so I was a little nervous as you can imagine. All stock even the tires.

1st run 12.90 @ 111mph

2nd run 12.65 @ 112 mph

3rd run 13.14 @ 109 mph

run 1 & 2 I was power shifting w/tc on leaving at 3500 rpm's shifting 5500 rpm's

3rd run tc on not power shifting.

I tried 1 run with the airfilter element out and the car hated that. built a lot of boost and fell flat on her face I guess the pcm sensed that and killed the power

:shift: Well I took her to Englishtown Friday night and I was happy with the results. I have not raced in 20 years so I was a little nervous as you can imagine. All stock even the tires.

1st run 12.90 @ 111mph

2nd run 12.65 @ 112 mph

3rd run 13.14 @ 109 mph

run 1 & 2 I was power shifting w/tc on leaving at 3500 rpm's shifting 5500 rpm's

3rd run tc on not power shifting.

I tried 1 run with the airfilter element out and the car hated that. built a lot of boost and fell flat on her face I guess the pcm sensed that and killed the power

Red07 - Good run times! I'm a novice racer but trying to get my Stock Shelby into the 12s as well. Did you have any wheel hop? "Power shifting" technique, explain please... I was shifting at around 5800-6000 and was crossing the line in 3rd approaching 6000 rpm, but thinking/feeling like I shift into 4th... Guessing you were in 4th gear with your 111/112 mphs?

Also, thought about taking air filter element out, but sounds like it wasn't a good run... How much boost did you make? Track here in Tucson is at 3000 feet elevation so I was only getting about 9 PSI boost.

Love the FUN we get to have in these cars!

Keith

Red07 - Good run times! I'm a novice racer but trying to get my Stock Shelby into the 12s as well. Did you have any wheel hop? "Power shifting" technique, explain please... I was shifting at around 5800-6000 and was crossing the line in 3rd approaching 6000 rpm, but thinking/feeling like I shift into 4th... Guessing you were in 4th gear with your 111/112 mphs?

Also, thought about taking air filter element out, but sounds like it wasn't a good run... How much boost did you make? Track here in Tucson is at 3000 feet elevation so I was only getting about 9 PSI boost.

Love the FUN we get to have in these cars!

Keith

After the car is staged I bring the rpms to 3500 dump the clutch and floor it at 5500 rpms I shift with out lifting the gas the car got a little sideways and broke the tires loose each time in 2nd gear. I kept the tc on. Yes I was in 4th gear

Hey Red... what mods have you done to the car? Rear gears? CAI/tune?

Also, keep the filter in - please!

1) you're correct about the sensor... it's calibrated for having some kind of filter.

2) you're living dangerous... suck in some dirt and you can count on refinishing your cylindar walls or messing with the piston rings. I've never been to a drag strip that didn't have dust blowing around... not worth the risk to me!

Hey Red... what mods have you done to the car? Rear gears? CAI/tune?

Also, keep the filter in - please!

1) you're correct about the sensor... it's calibrated for having some kind of filter.

2) you're living dangerous... suck in some dirt and you can count on refinishing your cylindar walls or messing with the piston rings. I've never been to a drag strip that didn't have dust blowing around... not worth the risk to me!

No mods...Bone stock just the way I picked it up from the dealer. I plan on 4:10's CAI & Tune

Archived