TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Tribute Jr. Dragster

JeffJ

My 10 year old daughter is starting drag racing this year. I picked up an old school aluminum body Jr. Dragster a couple months ago. I thought right away about doing a Shelby theme (imagine that!) Here is what I came up with. Keeping the Shelby love alive with the youngsters! What do you think?120_0708_zps672ec190.jpg120_0711_zpsc09fedd7.jpg120_0710_zpsdba0d033.jpg120_0707_zpsfde6ddc5.jpg120_0706_zps11108802.jpg

Jeff, I'd expect nothing less from you... TOTALLY cool.

Jer

pretty slick Jeff!!!

when areyou thowing the paxton on?? :yahoo:

I don't think that NHRA allows that yet! :) But it is pretty amazing how much power that little single cylinder Methonal burning engine makes.

• 1 month later...

Last Sunday was Jessica's first time ever in the car and race. She did very well. We got 6 runs in. This year is mostly about learning how to do it. We'll bump up the speed next year. By the end of the day, she pretty much had the proceedure down. She won the first round of racing and lost in the second, but that was her best race of the day. She staged perfectly bumping it into the lights, cut a .320 reaction time and was only .3 off of the dial in. So I think next time will be much more fun and relaxed. It was pretty darn stressfull, (more for dad I think). Will the car go down the track straight? etc..... She did great. Here's the photo from the day:

BandimereMay262013_zps61d2892f.jpg

Last Sunday was Jessica's first time ever in the car and race. She did very well. We got 6 runs in. This year is mostly about learning how to do it. We'll bump up the speed next year. By the end of the day, she pretty much had the proceedure down. She won the first round of racing and lost in the second, but that was her best race of the day. She staged perfectly bumping it into the lights, cut a .320 reaction time and was only .3 off of the dial in. So I think next time will be much more fun and relaxed. It was pretty darn stressfull, (more for dad I think). Will the car go down the track straight? etc..... She did great. Here's the photo from the day:

I think Pueblo Motorsports Park is running Jr. Dragsters now too.

I know they're running Friday night drags and have open Road Race days now.

I think they're URL is pueblomotorsportspark.com

Phill

Archived