TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 GT350 #32

OSUPokes12

I personally like the '11 and '12 better, but still think the center exhaust looks to mini cooper like. I think they would have looked better and paid more homage to the '65 if it had side exhaust.

LOL I heard a lot of things but nobody has ever told me my car looks like a Mini Cooper

LOL I heard a lot of things but nobody has ever told me my car looks like a Mini Cooper

I apologize. I was not trying to offend anyone with that comment. I was just referring to the location of the exhaust tips in the center, like the mini cooper. I just love the way the'11-'12 350s looks all together. I would not change anything on that car if I owned one!

I apologize. I was not trying to offend anyone with that comment. I was just referring to the location of the exhaust tips in the center, like the mini cooper. I just love the way the'11-'12 350s looks all together. I would not change anything on that car if I owned one!

No problem, how about the Mini Cooper's exhaust looks like a GT350? :)

No problem, how about the Mini Cooper's exhaust looks like a GT350? :)

How about, the Mini came out way before the GT350 did.

And the exhaust looks like a Mercedes exhaust too.

Can you say "Euro"?

The dual center exiting exhaust is Euro styling not specific to any brand, but to where the cars are made. BMW has center exiting exhaust too.

But "Good ol' 'Merican Muscle Cars" are supposed to have GOOD OL' 'MERCIAN dual or side exhausts!

Phill

Corvettes do too.

I think you're right. However, I *think* the center exit exhaust on 'Vette's is aftermarket...No?

I know I've seen *some* Corvette's with center exhaust, I'm just not sure if they were factory stock/OEM items.

EDIT: Well, I should say that I'm pretty sure the ones I've seen were AM but I don't know if the stockers they replaced were center exit or not (Not a 'Vette buy by any means).

Phill

Hasn't SAI gone to the vinyl stripes for the 2014 production? If true, then that might knock some time off the wait time, first the waiting for the backed up paint booth and second, the striping then entire car clear coating.

It seems to me that if the above is true, several weeks is now taken off the production of the 2014s.

How about, the Mini came out way before the GT350 did.

And the exhaust looks like a Mercedes exhaust too.

Can you say "Euro"?

The dual center exiting exhaust is Euro styling not specific to any brand, but to where the cars are made. BMW has center exiting exhaust too.

But "Good ol' 'Merican Muscle Cars" are supposed to have GOOD OL' 'MERCIAN dual or side exhausts!

Phill

I know the mini came out before the GT350. We were just playing around. Thanks for your comments.

first the waiting for the backed up paint booth and....

I've been to Shelby Las Vegas many many many times and not ONCE have I see a car in the paint booth, or lined up for it.

And my understanding is that SAA outsources the vinyl stripes to a sub company.

I can't say for sure either way but I would think waiting for a sub contractor to ship/install/return a striped car would be a longer wait than having Shelby mask/prep/paint in-house.

Phill

Hasn't SAI gone to the vinyl stripes for the 2014 production? If true, then that might knock some time off the wait time, first the waiting for the backed up paint booth and second, the striping then entire car clear coating.

It seems to me that if the above is true, several weeks is now taken off the production of the 2014s.

My 2013 also has the vinyl, not painted stripes. If it knocked several weeks off the production time, I could hardly tell that after waiting 8 months+..... :hysterical:

Because of paint shop production time, the painted stripes stopped being an option after 2012, I believe. I am glad that I have painted stripes and hope that the past problems with the vinyl ones are no longer an issue. Anyway, enjoy your ride no matter what kind of stripes that you have because we all know that stripes make Fords go faster! B)

• 3 weeks later...

Talked to SAI this week and my car is still +-3 weeks from going into the shop. My money is on that if I get the car before the end of the year I'll be lucky. I'm not mad about it but I would really like to have my car in warm weather to drive it a bit before winter.

• 4 weeks later...

Already done Pat. He will be working some magic to make her really scream. I told them to build it as stout as they possibly can. We'll see how it turns out. From talks today they will be done by the end of August which it about 2 1/2 months faster than planned. They said that the non wide body cars had gotten bumped up because they could be completed so much faster. Being a guy who builds things for a living that is code for, let's get a paycheck with the easy stuff and finish the hard stuff later. Guess I'm in the middle on it, the wide body guys shouldn't get bumped but on the other hand I'm glad I'll have my car before the cold weather. I'll post more pics as Ralph sends them.

Hey wait OSU! I was at SA last week and saw your car. They had me test drive it, I pulled a few donuts in their parking lot. Caution she pulls to the right at 140mph. :hysterical: . Just kidding but I did see a gray with black. If it was yours...she's beautiful! Good luck I waited 11 months for my 45th....And Worth It!

Already done Pat. He will be working some magic to make her really scream. I told them to build it as stout as they possibly can. We'll see how it turns out. From talks today they will be done by the end of August which it about 2 1/2 months faster than planned. They said that the non wide body cars had gotten bumped up because they could be completed so much faster. Being a guy who builds things for a living that is code for, let's get a paycheck with the easy stuff and finish the hard stuff later. Guess I'm in the middle on it, the wide body guys shouldn't get bumped but on the other hand I'm glad I'll have my car before the cold weather. I'll post more pics as Ralph sends them.

I was in there last week and saw a bunch of cars lined up waiting for the wide body kits. It looks like they accumulate a few then install all at once.

I won't say what color the cars were that I saw for fear of freaking out waiting customers!

Phill

Allow me to clear up any confusion:

1. Cars don't cut in line so we can "get a paycheck with the easy stuff".

2. Cars are not widebodied in batches.

3. When a car is finished in regular Production, it's either sent to detail and you get to pick it up, or it gets in line to be widebodied, which is a continual process.

4. We ABSOLUTELY paint cars and stripes here, in-house. Sorry you haven't seen it, Phill - next time you're here, budget more time and I'll give you a complete tour.

Jer

Phill - next time you're here, budget more time and I'll give you a complete tour.

Jer

No doubt. I had 'the time police' with me and I told her I'd only be THREE minutes tops.

As you saw, she held me to my word.

I'm a talker so you're probably lucky I had to go!

My assumption on WB batching is based purely on the row of cars across the parking lot with no front fenders on them and with the rears being marked for fenders. It was pretty obvious they are awaiting the wide body installation.

I might see you in about 1-1/2 weeks on the way back. But usually were passing through LV after 5, or very close to it.

Phill

Archived